Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 20:17 - Feb 18 with 7038 viewsbendurrant78

In all honesty if anyone agrees with what McCarthy done with the f...o.. to the people who pay his wages please explain why he did that ???
No subject on 21:21 - Feb 18 with 3183 viewsBloomBlue

No subject on 21:17 - Feb 18 by olimar

If MM has been racially abused, then he should absolutely report it- it seems fairly evident why the police are involved with the case you mention.
Take the racism out, which is totally wrong obviously, if its left with a load of bad language because someone cant use the ordering system, would a suitable response be "just eff off"?

Yes, if someone tells you to eff off you have every right within the law to tell them to eff off
No subject on 21:21 - Feb 18 with 3180 viewsLeoMuff

No subject on 21:15 - Feb 18 by FrimleyBlue

Lowest transfer fee budgets but average for the league wage wise. And sitting where we should be.

Im not and dont believe we should be up the top. But the football. The signings. The round pegs square holes etc. Thats for me why Ive found his time frustrating over the past 24 months.

No, we don’t pay average wages, 17th highest I think at last count.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

No subject on 21:21 - Feb 18 with 3179 viewslongtimefan

No subject on 21:15 - Feb 18 by jaykay

on the pitch would be better

Maybe he should have done a Cantona instead !
No subject on 21:31 - Feb 18 with 3163 viewsolimar

No subject on 21:21 - Feb 18 by BloomBlue

Yes, if someone tells you to eff off you have every right within the law to tell them to eff off

Of course you do, but I reckon youd have a reasonable chance of losing your job.
I don't disagree with your point about the PR at the club on 21:43 - Feb 18 with 3155 viewstractorboy1978

I don't disagree with your point about the PR at the club on 21:19 - Feb 18 by Dyland

The club seems to be run by numpties.

Football clubs are not the same as any other business when it comes to customer relationships. You don't go to another football club because you don't like the owner or staff in the same way you may stop patronising a shop, pub or restaurant.

The relentless abuse McCarthy gets would affect anyone. Especially in the circumstances he works. Everyone slags off outsiders praising him, that they don't watch us week in week out, but you don't think there's something in the fact that everyone else in football praises him? He's entitled to do his job without the abuse.

For clarity, I want him gone as well. But he deserves some respect. The chant last season about Evans being a c unit says it all about the class of this very vociferous and classless minority of entitled fans.

Your second paragraph sums up for me what has been the club's problem. I think the fans have been taken for granted - this perception they will turn up (or enough of them will) regardless of the price, the brand of football, the whole match day experience.
No subject on 21:50 - Feb 18 with 3139 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

No subject on 21:31 - Feb 18 by olimar

Of course you do, but I reckon youd have a reasonable chance of losing your job.

It’s almost like most people don’t work in football

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I don't disagree with your point about the PR at the club on 21:50 - Feb 18 with 3143 viewsolimar

I don't disagree with your point about the PR at the club on 21:43 - Feb 18 by tractorboy1978

Your second paragraph sums up for me what has been the club's problem. I think the fans have been taken for granted - this perception they will turn up (or enough of them will) regardless of the price, the brand of football, the whole match day experience.

Agree- its quite clear that isnt the case, attendances have fallen considerably and if you assume that most of them will stay regardless of how you treat them, then maybe that starts to inform how you interact with them.
No subject on 21:52 - Feb 18 with 3133 viewsolimar

No subject on 21:50 - Feb 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It’s almost like most people don’t work in football

Why is football different? Most other clubs are acutely aware of their reputation and PR, keeping close range on tweets from players, shutting down any story that could do damage.
Login to get fewer ads

No subject on 21:56 - Feb 18 with 3130 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

No subject on 21:52 - Feb 18 by olimar

Why is football different? Most other clubs are acutely aware of their reputation and PR, keeping close range on tweets from players, shutting down any story that could do damage.

Because it’s a results driven business, not your average customer service one

I assume you’ll be joining pistonbroke in bringing the ‘CUSTOMERS NOT SUPPORTERS’ banner to the next game?

No subject on 22:01 - Feb 18 with 3117 viewsolimar

No subject on 21:56 - Feb 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Because it’s a results driven business, not your average customer service one

I assume you’ll be joining pistonbroke in bringing the ‘CUSTOMERS NOT SUPPORTERS’ banner to the next game?

Results are completely tied to expenditure, which is tied to income. As I said, many other clubs seem to see the importance of good PR to protect their commercial sales.
I dont think a banner is necessary.
I don't disagree with your point about the PR at the club on 22:06 - Feb 18 with 3113 viewsDyland

I don't disagree with your point about the PR at the club on 21:43 - Feb 18 by tractorboy1978

Completely agree. The club is being run poorly.

This doesn't make it okay for customers (at any business) to consistently abuse the staff. Not in my eyes anyway. It's also completely counterproductive. The ones who have voted with their feet have done what needs to be done.

Certainly McCarthy's inability to rise above it is also ripe for criticism. But there's an entitlement among some of our fans that it's okay for fans to chant abuse at players/staff but not okay for them to return it in the heat of the moment. Which to my mind is complete nonsense and seriously pathetic. What it shows is they have an agenda beyond the swearing, which nullifies their whole point.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

No subject on 22:10 - Feb 18 with 3103 viewstractorboy1978

No subject on 22:01 - Feb 18 by olimar

Results are completely tied to expenditure, which is tied to income. As I said, many other clubs seem to see the importance of good PR to protect their commercial sales.

It's particularly staggering when you consider we have an owner that wants to keep his financial input to a minimum.
No subject on 22:13 - Feb 18 with 3098 viewsPJH

Unless Marcus Evans was in our section MM did not tell the people that pay his wages to f...o...
No subject on 22:13 - Feb 18 with 3097 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

No subject on 22:01 - Feb 18 by olimar

Results aren’t completely tied to expenditure, otherwise you could just do away with the actual football and award the title based on wage bill. Expenditure isn’t strictly tied to income either although generally a close link admittedly

Ipswich fans aren’t turning up because results haven’t been as good as they were 2 years ago, and they’ve tired on Mick’s football. Not because he appeared to scream ‘f*ck off’ in the derby, possibly in the direction of the supporters

No subject on 22:29 - Feb 18 with 3080 viewsolimar

No subject on 22:13 - Feb 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Results aren’t completely tied to expenditure, otherwise you could just do away with the actual football and award the title based on wage bill. Expenditure isn’t strictly tied to income either although generally a close link admittedly

Ipswich fans aren’t turning up because results haven’t been as good as they were 2 years ago, and they’ve tired on Mick’s football. Not because he appeared to scream ‘f*ck off’ in the derby, possibly in the direction of the supporters

Point is, the club needs all the fans (and income) it can get. There is no question that MM reacting the way he does is anything except negative.
No subject on 22:32 - Feb 18 with 3074 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

No subject on 22:29 - Feb 18 by olimar

Point is, the club needs all the fans (and income) it can get. There is no question that MM reacting the way he does is anything except negative.

It’s not great, but it’s fairly inconsequential

If we play better and win games we’ll have more fans, and the reaction would be along the lines of ‘good old Mick’ to that sort of thing. As we’ve been largely cr*p to watch and results are deteriorating, its the worst crime anyone within football has ever committed

No subject on 22:36 - Feb 18 with 3077 viewsDarth_Koont

Because he was responding to one of the most embarrassing and counter-productive chants I've heard in years.

Pronouns: He/Him

No subject on 07:57 - Feb 19 with 2994 viewsKeaneish

No subject on 22:36 - Feb 18 by Darth_Koont

Because he was responding to one of the most embarrassing and counter-productive chants I've heard in years.

Have to agree, I was surprised when that chant went out. I thought we were decent first half. The midfield three especially. We were still guilty of rushing a long ball into channels or over the top on too many occasions but our work rate and willingness to close the ball down was great. Time and time again we forced them into errors, great to see.

I’ve no doubt MM aimed that at the fans and thought as much at the time, which is idiotic. I can’t remember too many managers over the course of history doing that. The irony is though, our only shot on target in the second half and subsequent goal isn’t vindication for several seasons of poor football so MM comes out of this in worse light than the fans once more, which is a shame given the occasion and the relatively decent display, first half anyway.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

No subject on 16:23 - Feb 19 with 2957 viewspatrickswell

No subject on 20:57 - Feb 18 by FrimleyBlue

Timing is key here

Keane and jewell were given a certain time period then bang gone

Mick has been woeful for 2 seasons now and nothing has been done about it.

There is one key difference. Keane and Jewell were both given bigger sums of money to buy players and their purchases saw us fighting relegation battles.

Mick hasn't been given anything like the same layout to buy players but delivered a play-off place, some top 10 finishes and a dull mid-table finish after seeing his iconic striker sold and not replaced. Evans may be aware of the fact that he hasn't given Mick the money to be successful and that could have a bearing on why he doesn't appear to be looking to move him on. The next bloke in post is going to have to work under similar restrictions while Evans holds the purse-strings. I don't see a queue of top managers happy to work under that set-up.
No subject on 17:44 - Feb 19 with 2933 viewsDarth_Koont

No subject on 16:23 - Feb 19 by patrickswell

There is one key difference. Keane and Jewell were both given bigger sums of money to buy players and their purchases saw us fighting relegation battles.

Mick hasn't been given anything like the same layout to buy players but delivered a play-off place, some top 10 finishes and a dull mid-table finish after seeing his iconic striker sold and not replaced. Evans may be aware of the fact that he hasn't given Mick the money to be successful and that could have a bearing on why he doesn't appear to be looking to move him on. The next bloke in post is going to have to work under similar restrictions while Evans holds the purse-strings. I don't see a queue of top managers happy to work under that set-up.

He also inherited a worse base than either as Jewell had pretty much screwed over the squad in terms of age and wages. Plus with little coming through from the Academy and young pros as we'd pretty much put all the budget into the first team and agents' pockets.

Pronouns: He/Him

No subject on 17:53 - Feb 19 with 2924 viewsBluefish

I think it is because you are a ****

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024