Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deluded budgie's 08:22 - Feb 19 with 6771 viewsJimmy86

Oh my god, I made the mistake of venturing on to the EDP's coverage of yesterday's derby and they are going on as if they won the bloody game!! They secured an equaliser, with the last kick of the game, bearing in mind there shouldn't have even been 5 mins of time added on.

Michael Bailey and Paddy Davitt are scummers, so much for impartial reporting
Deluded budgie's on 08:47 - Feb 19 with 6615 viewsGeoffSentence

Why would you expect reporters in Norwich*s local paper to be impartial?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Deluded budgie's on 08:48 - Feb 19 with 6613 viewsbritbiker

I too took a look. For a bunch of fans who thought they would get automatic promotion this season. They clearly are deluded. Both teams yesterday showed that neither are near any sort of playoff form.
One clown suggested iorfa should get a retrospective ban. I agree his dive was pathetic but wasn't maddison also criticised for persistent diving only last week. This is from the same team that bought grant holt to fame. Biggest diver in the league.
Deluded budgie's on 09:15 - Feb 19 with 6515 viewsmonytowbray

Seen a few scummers say they never got out of 1st gear yesterday. As someone who saw them at home vs Brentford lose 2-1 to a very poor, unorganised and slow side that was a good 2nd half for them. They still think they’re the side they had under Lambert.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Deluded budgie's on 09:21 - Feb 19 with 6486 viewsSomethingBlue

Davitt is a Coventry fan, to be fair, and a very decent journo. But yes, some of the triumphalism is quite breathtaking.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Deluded budgie's on 09:38 - Feb 19 with 6404 viewsArnieM

I'm actually quite chirpy( sorry poor choice of word there), after yesterday's game .
That was the first time in a long while a Town side has actually "turned up" in a derby clash.

We bossed the game for large parts of it , and this with a Town side bereft of at least half a quad of influential players ...compare this to scum, who if you take Maddison out of their team, oh my , what a poor outfit they are !!!

It says everything , when they are treating a 1-1 draw as a great result.
Cant wait for next season, when they will be struggling ( Maddison will leave in the summer).

ps I thought it was against he rules to have ref officiating a game when he clearly supports the home team ?!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Deluded budgie's on 09:43 - Feb 19 with 6380 viewsnoggin

Deluded budgie's on 09:38 - Feb 19 by ArnieM

I'm actually quite chirpy( sorry poor choice of word there), after yesterday's game .
That was the first time in a long while a Town side has actually "turned up" in a derby clash.

We bossed the game for large parts of it , and this with a Town side bereft of at least half a quad of influential players ...compare this to scum, who if you take Maddison out of their team, oh my , what a poor outfit they are !!!

Cant wait for next season, when they will be struggling ( Maddison will leave in the summer).

ps I thought it was against he rules to have ref officiating a game when he clearly supports the home team ?!

Did we really boss large parts of the game? We edged a first half that was lacking in any quality and Norwich had us on the back foot for 95% of the second. Apart from Chambers' goal and another excellent performance from Bart, I saw little to feel positive about.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Deluded budgie's on 09:58 - Feb 19 with 6315 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Deluded budgie's on 09:43 - Feb 19 by noggin

Did we really boss large parts of the game? We edged a first half that was lacking in any quality and Norwich had us on the back foot for 95% of the second. Apart from Chambers' goal and another excellent performance from Bart, I saw little to feel positive about.

Agree with that.. We huffed and puffed but (as always) lacked quality on the ball.

Maddison turned up in the 2nd half, but wasn't really that effective and the biggest frustration of all is that although we were poor, Norwich were no better and were definitely there for the taking if we had a little more composure.

Spent most of the game thinking how much better we would be with one of Huws, Bishop or even Adayemi in that midfield to try & get hold of it as those 3 offered very little when in possession.
Deluded budgie's on 18:09 - Feb 19 with 6069 viewsJimmy86

Deluded budgie's on 09:38 - Feb 19 by ArnieM

Difference between us and them is when they sell Maddison in the summer for the 20-30 million that is being talked about they will reinvest that money, where as we don't, or haven't properly when we've sold players
Login to get fewer ads

Deluded budgie's on 19:04 - Feb 19 with 5864 viewsGunnsAirkick

The bit about us winning "just the UEFA Cup" is funny, considering how much they bang on about that win against Bayern. Town have had as many European fixtures whilst in the Championship as they have in their entire existence!
Deluded budgie's on 19:11 - Feb 19 with 5825 viewslongtimefan

Deluded budgie's on 18:09 - Feb 19 by Jimmy86

Difference between us and them is when they sell Maddison in the summer for the 20-30 million that is being talked about they will reinvest that money, where as we don't, or haven't properly when we've sold players

I think you’ll find a substantial portion of that will go on wages to replace the £30M they will have lost in parachute payments. Plus they don’t have an owner who’s going to subsidise them
Deluded budgie's on 19:12 - Feb 19 with 5818 viewslongtimefan

There’s still plenty of them think they’re going to get in the playoffs
Deluded budgie's on 19:15 - Feb 19 with 5801 viewsstrikalite

Deluded budgie's on 09:43 - Feb 19 by noggin

Exactly the same game i was watching...
Deluded budgie's on 20:00 - Feb 19 with 5652 viewsBluespeed225

Deluded budgie's on 19:04 - Feb 19 by GunnsAirkick

The bit about us winning "just the UEFA Cup" is funny, considering how much they bang on about that win against Bayern. Town have had as many European fixtures whilst in the Championship as they have in their entire existence!

That is possibly the most tinpot comment in the EDP’s entire history. Absolutely desperation. Didn’t they have reunion for the team that won one game? And for the ‘59’ cup run’!! Doesn’t matter we haven’t beaten them in ages, I still feel somehow superior!
Deluded budgie's on 20:27 - Feb 19 with 5567 viewsbluejacko

Deluded budgie's on 19:12 - Feb 19 by longtimefan

There’s still plenty of them think they’re going to get in the playoffs

Bloke I work with said the same,then I said that means we are in with a chance as well! He said what did I mean.
Deluded budgie's on 20:46 - Feb 19 with 5499 viewsGunnsAirkick

Deluded budgie's on 20:00 - Feb 19 by Bluespeed225

That is possibly the most tinpot comment in the EDP’s entire history. Absolutely desperation. Didn’t they have reunion for the team that won one game? And for the ‘59’ cup run’!! Doesn’t matter we haven’t beaten them in ages, I still feel somehow superior!

Yeah here it is: https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2017/november/city-legends-inter-forever/
Deluded budgie's on 21:32 - Feb 19 with 5390 viewsstonojnr

Deluded budgie's on 20:00 - Feb 19 by Bluespeed225

they are having a special game to celebrate 25 years of it in May, sheesh can you imagine any other ever club doing that ??

https://www.canaries.co.uk/Tickets/LegendsvForever/

and they cant even get anyone from Inter who actually played in the game to turn up for it.
Deluded budgie's on 22:15 - Feb 19 with 5287 viewsEly_Blue

Deluded budgie's on 21:32 - Feb 19 by stonojnr

they are having a special game to celebrate 25 years of it in May, sheesh can you imagine any other ever club doing that ??

and they cant even get anyone from Inter who actually played in the game to turn up for it.

More of that Inter team played against us when we beat them at PR didn’t they?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Deluded budgie's on 22:17 - Feb 19 with 5270 viewsMullet

Deluded budgie's on 21:32 - Feb 19 by stonojnr

"Adam Drury
The former Club captain made over 300 appearances in 11 years with Norwich City and won Player of the Season in 2003. He is one of a very distinguished group of Club captains to receive silverware on behalf of Norwich City during its 115-year history."

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Deluded budgie's on 23:27 - Feb 19 with 5133 viewsFreddies_Ears

Deluded budgie's on 08:47 - Feb 19 by GeoffSentence

Why would you expect reporters in Norwich*s local paper to be impartial?

Maybe because the EADT lot are anti-Town?
Deluded budgie's on 23:44 - Feb 19 with 5105 viewsJimmy86

Deluded budgie's on 23:27 - Feb 19 by Freddies_Ears

Maybe because the EADT lot are anti-Town?

I think despite some criticism he receives Stuart Watson generally does a really good job. He does give credit, where credit is due, but is absolutely spot on, in a lot of things he writes.

Mick is his own worst enemy at times. Someone, who most sensible and realistic town fans will fully admit has done a good job, with the absolute pittance of a budget he has to work with from Evans. Instead of keeping his powder dry, he inflamed the situation with his arrogance and contempt for the fans, or customers.

Yesterday I wasn't offended by what he did, he got the bird from the away fans, who all pay hard earned money to go and watch the team in our most important game, but to sing songs like that in such a game is playing into the budgie's hands and they didn't even have to slag us off, as we did that ourselves.

Perhaps as a professional manager Mick should rise above that and not react the way he did to a small minority. It doesn't paint him, or indeed the club in a particularly good light and shows how fractured the rift has become.

Evans is as much of the problem as Mick, but Mick has made himself the problem, when truth be told he probably wasn't.
Deluded budgie's on 23:54 - Feb 19 with 5078 viewsBackToRussia

Deluded budgie's on 23:44 - Feb 19 by Jimmy86

I think despite some criticism he receives Stuart Watson generally does a really good job. He does give credit, where credit is due, but is absolutely spot on, in a lot of things he writes.

Mick is his own worst enemy at times. Someone, who most sensible and realistic town fans will fully admit has done a good job, with the absolute pittance of a budget he has to work with from Evans. Instead of keeping his powder dry, he inflamed the situation with his arrogance and contempt for the fans, or customers.

Yesterday I wasn't offended by what he did, he got the bird from the away fans, who all pay hard earned money to go and watch the team in our most important game, but to sing songs like that in such a game is playing into the budgie's hands and they didn't even have to slag us off, as we did that ourselves.

Perhaps as a professional manager Mick should rise above that and not react the way he did to a small minority. It doesn't paint him, or indeed the club in a particularly good light and shows how fractured the rift has become.

Evans is as much of the problem as Mick, but Mick has made himself the problem, when truth be told he probably wasn't.

Surely Mick has to question why he is in this situation where he is getting his kicks out of getting into this aggressive dialectic with the fans. If you're turning up to work trying to get one over a sort of notional set of people isn't it time to move on no matter what. Aint healthy.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Deluded budgie's on 00:02 - Feb 20 with 5062 viewsJimmy86

Deluded budgie's on 23:54 - Feb 19 by BackToRussia

Surely Mick has to question why he is in this situation where he is getting his kicks out of getting into this aggressive dialectic with the fans. If you're turning up to work trying to get one over a sort of notional set of people isn't it time to move on no matter what. Aint healthy.

Agreed and that is why my money is on a changing of the guard, either in the summer, or once mathematically we can't make the play offs, or get relegated.

Evans is apparently aware of the rift, but probably wants Mick to stay, as he does keep us competitive, bar last season, which compared to our budget was prob about right for where we finished.

Evans will surely have an eye on the ever falling attendances and upcoming ST renewals. That will have a big bearing on things, but all the time Mick is making a rod for his own back then the spotlight isn't more firmly on Evans, which he'll also be pleased with
Deluded budgie's on 08:14 - Feb 20 with 4877 viewsNo9

Didn't on eof them say on TV betaing Ipswich is the highlight os their year?
We should, of course rise above that
Deluded budgie's on 09:29 - Feb 20 with 4777 viewsArnieM

Deluded budgie's on 18:09 - Feb 19 by Jimmy86

If you think they will that make net to reinv st, I’d say think again. They will record a debt n ct s ask. And that money will disappear into running costs etc.

They’re stuffed .
“ PL and the f lucked it up” .... how many millions have they wasted for one or two seasons in PL only to be relegated and now have next to no chance of being promoted again any time soon.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024