Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! 09:15 - Feb 19 with 5250 viewsitfcjoe

The physio hadn't been on once, and the same ref had blown the whistle in the first half after 44 mins and 59 seconds!

There were no real stoppages, or time wasting

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 09:33 - Feb 19 with 4519 views_

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 09:34 - Feb 19 with 4520 viewsITFC_Forever

The officials are supposed to add 30 seconds per goal and substitution... which still only makes it 3 minutes.

But we should have defended better - a series of half-mistakes end with the ball in the net.
We should have won the first header before Bart came out / Bart should have stayed where he was or got there first and put it in to row Z / Webster should block the cross / we should win the header on the edge of our own 6 yard box.
Do that and welly it clear and that's it, game over.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 09:34 - Feb 19 with 4508 viewsOsborneOneNil

We were saying the same
Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 09:35 - Feb 19 with 4507 viewsHerbivore

on 09:33 - Feb 19 by _

There were 4 subs before stoppage time, so that's 2 minutes. The more ridiculous claim I've seen is 30 seconds for each yellow card, that's never been a thing as far as I'm aware. The second half was no more stop start than the first really, even allowing for subs and the goal I was expecting 3 minutes, maybe 4 at most. 5 minutes when he added nothing in a first half that had as many set piece stoppages was very strange indeed.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 09:37 - Feb 19 with 4489 viewsitfcjoe

And 2 of their subs were after the board going up I think

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 09:39 - Feb 19 with 4470 viewsHerbivore

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 09:37 - Feb 19 by itfcjoe

Correct. It should never have been 5 minutes, but that doesn't really excuse how poorly we defended for their goal. We only had to see out a few more seconds and that goal was an absolute clusterfck.

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 09:40 - Feb 19 with 4470 viewsStuartBrett8

The referee was sh*t

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 09:41 - Feb 19 with 4456 viewsITFC_Forever

No, it's the FIFA guideline.

Login to get fewer ads

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 09:42 - Feb 19 with 4452 viewsITFC_Forever

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 09:37 - Feb 19 by itfcjoe

The time would have still been added on....

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 09:45 - Feb 19 with 4441 viewsBenters2

The ref wanted a draw.

End of.
Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 09:51 - Feb 19 with 4424 viewsJ4ck22

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 09:41 - Feb 19 by ITFC_Forever

No, it's the FIFA guideline.

Then most games would end up being 5+ minutes, but they usually aren't. You don't often see more than 3 unless the game had a prolonged stoppage like an injury, but nothing like that happened yesterday. It just felt like the ref pulled the number out of his arse.
Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 09:51 - Feb 19 with 4420 viewsm14_blue

If it had still been 0-0 it would have been 3 minutes at most.

5 was crazy, although they didn't really put us under any pressure at all until the softest of soft goals.
Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 09:53 - Feb 19 with 4408 viewsHerbivore

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 09:51 - Feb 19 by J4ck22

Then most games would end up being 5+ minutes, but they usually aren't. You don't often see more than 3 unless the game had a prolonged stoppage like an injury, but nothing like that happened yesterday. It just felt like the ref pulled the number out of his arse.

Having blown up before 45 minutes had elapsed in the first half. Very odd to go from no stoppage time at all in one half to five minutes in the second half when both had a similar number of free kicks, corners etc. Even allowing for the goal and subs you're looking at 3 minutes.

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 09:54 - Feb 19 with 4398 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 09:51 - Feb 19 by J4ck22

3 or 4 tends to be the standard unless there has been an injury

I’m surprised at 5 minutes too and question where they came from, but at the end of the day we should have been able to see the time out

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 10:05 - Feb 19 with 4372 viewsRadlett_blue

Only 4 subs had been made when the board went up. Even allowing 30 seconds = 2 minutes. Allow a minute for our goal celebration. As was said, no injury stoppages so I'd love to know where the extra 2 minutes came from.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 10:06 - Feb 19 with 4358 viewshampstead_blue

The ref had a bet that the scum would score on 94 minutes.

Apart from that, I can see no other reason.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 10:07 - Feb 19 with 4357 viewsGeoffSentence

Farkie time

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 12:24 - Feb 19 with 4253 viewsCurrie10

No issue with this whatsoever.

Football needs to learn from rugby re the clock.

Also, most games realistically should be 5-10 mins stoppage time.

We should have gone 2-0 up then it wouldn't have mattered.
Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 12:51 - Feb 19 with 4190 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 12:24 - Feb 19 by Currie10

No issue with this whatsoever.

Football needs to learn from rugby re the clock.

Also, most games realistically should be 5-10 mins stoppage time.

We should have gone 2-0 up then it wouldn't have mattered.

As per my response in the other thread, stats generally show the ball in play for 60-65 mins per game, so if the clock was to be stopped then you’d either have to shorten the game or it’d last another hour

Stating that there should be 5-10 minutes in most games is irrelevant, as there isn’t. Most games have 3/4 mins unless there has been a significant stoppage, which there wasn’t yesterday. So difficult to see where 5 mins came from - but ultimately we should have still seen the game out

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 15:52 - Feb 19 with 4038 viewsCurrie10

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 12:51 - Feb 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

As per my response in the other thread, stats generally show the ball in play for 60-65 mins per game, so if the clock was to be stopped then you’d either have to shorten the game or it’d last another hour

Stating that there should be 5-10 minutes in most games is irrelevant, as there isn’t. Most games have 3/4 mins unless there has been a significant stoppage, which there wasn’t yesterday. So difficult to see where 5 mins came from - but ultimately we should have still seen the game out

Up to the ref to add on what he saw as fit- no issues from me whatsoever and good on a ref for not giving the usual 3 rubbish.
Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 17:21 - Feb 19 with 3914 viewssudburyblue16

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 10:06 - Feb 19 by hampstead_blue

The ref had a bet that the scum would score on 94 minutes.

Apart from that, I can see no other reason.

Anyone else think the ref yesterday looked alot like Joseph Goebbels?
Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 17:29 - Feb 19 with 3894 viewsblue75

7 bookings 30secs each =3mins 30secs
2 goals 30secs each =1min
4 subs before 90mins 30secs each =2mins
So he could of given 6mins 30secs this is not an excuse for losing the game!!!

Poll: Should McCarthy be sacked after telling Ipswich fans where to go?

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 17:29 - Feb 19 with 3891 viewsPJH

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 17:29 - Feb 19 by blue75

7 bookings 30secs each =3mins 30secs
2 goals 30secs each =1min
4 subs before 90mins 30secs each =2mins
So he could of given 6mins 30secs this is not an excuse for losing the game!!!

Good job we didn't lose then.
Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 17:42 - Feb 19 with 3859 viewsblue75

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 17:29 - Feb 19 by PJH

Good job we didn't lose then.

Felt like it and by all the tears seems we did.😂😂

Poll: Should McCarthy be sacked after telling Ipswich fans where to go?

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 17:45 - Feb 19 with 3851 viewsm14_blue

Where did 5 minutes injury time come from?! on 15:52 - Feb 19 by Currie10

Up to the ref to add on what he saw as fit- no issues from me whatsoever and good on a ref for not giving the usual 3 rubbish.

Did the ball not go out of play for a single second in the first half then?

No one's using it as an excuse, it's just another frustration to chuck in the mix.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024