Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay 10:28 - Feb 19 with 4762 viewsJ2BLUE

Can't remember the exact words but he said something like 'talking to people around the club I get the feeling that they want him to stay'.

Not saying a commentator has any real insight but it seems fairly obvious that Evans would keep him if he could. We assume that the broken relationship with the fans will force his hand but i'm not so sure.

If you're a ST holder who wants him out the time to act is now.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 10:31 - Feb 19 with 3706 viewshype313

I genuinely think Evans is desperate for him to stay, I don't think he feels he would find someone better equipped to keep us in this division on a shoestring, problem Evans has is Mick and the fans have come to the end of the road, and something needs to give.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 10:33 - Feb 19 with 3683 viewsJ2BLUE

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 10:31 - Feb 19 by hype313

I genuinely think Evans is desperate for him to stay, I don't think he feels he would find someone better equipped to keep us in this division on a shoestring, problem Evans has is Mick and the fans have come to the end of the road, and something needs to give.

I agree. I'm not convinced we won't announce that he's staying soon.

Time for the ST holders who feel strongly to make their move.

Truly impaired.

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 10:34 - Feb 19 with 3669 viewsColchesterBlue1985

It was Keith Andrews so could very well still have a link within the club.
Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 10:34 - Feb 19 with 3657 viewsJ2BLUE

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 10:34 - Feb 19 by ColchesterBlue1985

Was it? Thought it was the other one.

Truly impaired.

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 10:36 - Feb 19 with 3647 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 10:34 - Feb 19 by J2BLUE

Was it? Thought it was the other one.

I thought it was but could be wrong.
Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 10:37 - Feb 19 with 3637 viewsKieran_Knows

I know a couple of others mentioned it last weekend, but I too heard last weekend that Town are trying to convince Mick to stay. Not a case of taking the 2 year option in his deal either .. a fresh 3 year contract.

If that is the case, then that is me done. I won't be getting another ST next year.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 10:39 - Feb 19 with 3593 viewsartsbossbeard

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 10:37 - Feb 19 by Kieran_Knows

I know a couple of others mentioned it last weekend, but I too heard last weekend that Town are trying to convince Mick to stay. Not a case of taking the 2 year option in his deal either .. a fresh 3 year contract.

If that is the case, then that is me done. I won't be getting another ST next year.

I'd heard the same from 2x different sources but Phil poo-pooed it.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 10:41 - Feb 19 with 3573 viewsJ2BLUE

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Would show Evans didn't give a flying fook about the fans though.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 10:41 - Feb 19 with 3568 viewsbluehook

Evans and MM probably paid him to say that.
Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 10:45 - Feb 19 with 3516 viewsmaccyd9

Evans desperately wants Mick to stay but it's an impossible situation.

If he stays it will be a big two fingers up to the fans. I don't wish to speak for everyone but even ardent Mick fans I know accept that his time is up. Things just run their course and they appear to have here with it getting increasingly more sour.

I just don't see a selling feature in prospective ST holders or those looking to renew. What from a marketing angle can the club do to sell it?

Evans clearly won't invest, there a few academy prospects but not what you'd call an influx and there is much disdain towards the manager and from the manager to the fans.

What a really messy situation we find ourselves in.
Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 10:47 - Feb 19 with 3489 viewsWickets

I don't think any of this is accurate and that the majority around the club are happy to see him leave. I have a small insight into the club and that is the feeling i get.
Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 10:52 - Feb 19 with 3436 viewsPhilTWTD

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 10:39 - Feb 19 by artsbossbeard

I'd heard the same from 2x different sources but Phil poo-pooed it.

Not sure I did. Mick said he had started talks with Marcus re his future at a press conference a couple of weeks ago. From what I gather talks were instigated by Marcus, which is probably obvious given it's him who would be offering the deal. But I think it would be a surprise if a new contract had actually been offered at this point.

Mick has previously said he wouldn't necessarily take a new contract even if it were offered, of course, although he has seemed more positive towards the idea in recent weeks reading between the lines. But I would guess the ongoing - and escalating - rift between him and fans is likely to have some impact on his thinking.

Re the commentator's comment, I doubt he would have talked to anyone of any influence, is more likely to be referring to the off-field staff he's spoken to rather than those in charge and generally staff who work with MM like him.

There are certainly those working at the club who are fully aware of the rift between MM and the support but ultimately the decision will come down to ME and then MM. As we saw with the season ticket situation at the end of last season, ME doesn't always follow the advice given to him by his foot soldiers working day in, day out at the club.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The problem that #evansout has.... on 10:58 - Feb 19 with 3368 viewsBloots

....is that, on the assumption he is trying to sell the club, then does he stick or twist?

If MM stays then it's likely we'll stay in mid table in the Championship, albeit with a thousand or so less season ticket holders and average gates overall probably a couple of thousand down on this year.

If he goes then there is a real possibility that we will get relegated, given the operating budget.

From a business perspective it's obvious that it's far better for us to remain the dullest team in England/Britain/Europe/The World and lose a couple of thousand fans in the process, than to be relegated and still lose those fans.

The decision will be entirely down to MM (whether it's portrayed that way or not) and personally if I were him I wouldn't be able to get out of here quick enough.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 11:03 - Feb 19 with 3342 viewshampstead_blue

The commentator was Keith Andrews.

He also commented that the fans should be careful if they think that driving him out is a good idea.

He's got a point, but I do think that MM needs to soften a little. His relationship management isn't great.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 11:22 - Feb 19 with 3269 viewsPhilTWTD

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 10:34 - Feb 19 by ColchesterBlue1985

I doubt he does other than with players or coaching staff, almost certainly not with anyone involved in the hiring or firing of managers.
Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 11:40 - Feb 19 with 3172 viewschicoazul

The ultimate Sunday by chicoazul 16 Feb 2018 12:38
He's signing a new 3 year deal in a few weeks so you at least will have another few seasons before we disappear into nothingness.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 11:53 - Feb 19 with 3108 viewschicoazul

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 10:52 - Feb 19 by PhilTWTD

Not sure I did. Mick said he had started talks with Marcus re his future at a press conference a couple of weeks ago. From what I gather talks were instigated by Marcus, which is probably obvious given it's him who would be offering the deal. But I think it would be a surprise if a new contract had actually been offered at this point.

Mick has previously said he wouldn't necessarily take a new contract even if it were offered, of course, although he has seemed more positive towards the idea in recent weeks reading between the lines. But I would guess the ongoing - and escalating - rift between him and fans is likely to have some impact on his thinking.

Re the commentator's comment, I doubt he would have talked to anyone of any influence, is more likely to be referring to the off-field staff he's spoken to rather than those in charge and generally staff who work with MM like him.

There are certainly those working at the club who are fully aware of the rift between MM and the support but ultimately the decision will come down to ME and then MM. As we saw with the season ticket situation at the end of last season, ME doesn't always follow the advice given to him by his foot soldiers working day in, day out at the club.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Mick always always tells us how he isnt bothered by what anyone thinks so talk of the rift is irrelevant.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 11:57 - Feb 19 with 3082 viewsRyorry

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 10:41 - Feb 19 by bluehook

Evans and MM probably paid him to say that.

New log-in, CIL? ;)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 12:02 - Feb 19 with 3042 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 11:22 - Feb 19 by PhilTWTD

I doubt he does other than with players or coaching staff, almost certainly not with anyone involved in the hiring or firing of managers.

Exactly that. And in reality it’s the decision of one man (two if you include Mick) who is seemingly taking more control over any significant decision at the club than ever before.

Like many on here, regardless of what Mr Evans might want or not want, I’d be surprised if he persuaded Mick to stay.
Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 12:08 - Feb 19 with 2992 viewsRyorry

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 12:02 - Feb 19 by PrideOfTheEast

Exactly that. And in reality it’s the decision of one man (two if you include Mick) who is seemingly taking more control over any significant decision at the club than ever before.

Like many on here, regardless of what Mr Evans might want or not want, I’d be surprised if he persuaded Mick to stay.

Interesting you say that - raised issue of the Board in my mind, which I must admit I hadn't thought about in a long time - and perhaps thats significant. I'm not exactly clued up in that department - do they still have any input/influence in such major decisions? Phil?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 12:13 - Feb 19 with 2946 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 12:08 - Feb 19 by Ryorry

Interesting you say that - raised issue of the Board in my mind, which I must admit I hadn't thought about in a long time - and perhaps thats significant. I'm not exactly clued up in that department - do they still have any input/influence in such major decisions? Phil?

I understand that Milne and other people at the club have an input but Marcus is clearly making all the key decisions, and in the case of the season ticket stuff appeared to go against some of the advice he received.
Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 12:16 - Feb 19 with 2918 viewsPhilTWTD

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 11:53 - Feb 19 by chicoazul

Mick always always tells us how he isnt bothered by what anyone thinks so talk of the rift is irrelevant.

He clearly is though.
Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 12:17 - Feb 19 with 2905 viewschicoazul

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 12:16 - Feb 19 by PhilTWTD

He clearly is though.

Well yeah I agree. So why does he always say it then?

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 12:18 - Feb 19 with 2894 viewsPhilTWTD

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 12:13 - Feb 19 by PrideOfTheEast

I understand that Milne and other people at the club have an input but Marcus is clearly making all the key decisions, and in the case of the season ticket stuff appeared to go against some of the advice he received.

Indeed, was like that. Proposals for season ticketing - if I remember rightly a 1.5 per cent drop in price - were put together by IM and others at the club but ME opted to stick with the annual 1.5 per cent rise.
Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 12:18 - Feb 19 with 2891 viewsRadlett_blue

Sky commentator - the club want MM to stay on 12:13 - Feb 19 by PrideOfTheEast

Exactly. Evans will listen to advice but will then ignore it if he wishes & to all intents & purposes he is "the board".

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024