Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is the situation with Norwich’s finances? 15:57 - Feb 19 with 2487 viewsITFCBlues

I seem to remember Phil saying last summer that next season they’d in all likelihood have a smaller budget than us?

They’ve done a fair amount of wage bill trimming and sold a few players on obviously & I suspect they’ll be selling a few more this summer. But was wondering if someone who’s more accounts savvy could give their opinions?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

What is the situation with Norwich’s finances? on 15:58 - Feb 19 with 2472 viewsIllinoisblue

insert meme of a parachute with a giant hole in it
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 15:59]

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What is the situation with Norwich’s finances? on 15:59 - Feb 19 with 2468 viewschicoazul

their Chairman said they have a £30m hole in their budget next season but this is a bit of hyperbole on his part as it just means this season is the last of their parachute payments.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What is the situation with Norwich’s finances? on 16:04 - Feb 19 with 2416 viewshomer_123

I believe they are at 'Stand Fire' time.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What is the situation with Norwich’s finances? on 16:08 - Feb 19 with 2377 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Frustratingly they have sold a few players & brought in some substantial sums (Pritchard & Jerome as well as wages of Martin & Naismith)

They'll also probably get £20million for Maddison in the summer so can try and reinvest some of that on strengthening.. Though on the basis of what I've seen of them this season, they'll be dreadful without him as he has dragged them through most of the season.
What is the situation with Norwich’s finances? on 16:12 - Feb 19 with 2344 viewschicoazul

What is the situation with Norwich’s finances? on 15:58 - Feb 19 by Illinoisblue

insert meme of a parachute with a giant hole in it
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 15:59]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What is the situation with Norwich’s finances? on 16:13 - Feb 19 with 2342 viewsFreddies_Ears

I follow football finance fairly closely as I did an MSc in the subject not so long ago. Norwich are not in a great place. Next season they have no parachute money, so have to trim their wagebill hugely. They'll need the transfer fees for their last couple of saleable assets to help them to balance the books as they try to get rid of anyone still on Prem wages who won't agree a reduction.

With no wealthy owner to put a few £'m of his or her own money in to subsidise the club, they are likely to be considerably weaker next season.

Based on yesterday's display, then unless somehow they can magic up a couple of gifted midfielders for buttons, I'd expect them to be bottom 8.
What is the situation with Norwich’s finances? on 16:14 - Feb 19 with 2340 viewsBobbychase

At half time in the derby at Portman Road this season I happened to be looking towards the dugouts. It was amazing how many coaching staff they had trailing behind Farke. We had Mick, TC and the physio plus our subs. If you counted all the people in official Norwich benchwear (without the players) they could have fielded a whole football team.

That's where they will feel the pain next year. They've put all their eggs in the German basket and if it doesn't pay off this year, someone is going to have to have a word with Farke about how many of those people they can keep.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

What is the situation with Norwich’s finances? on 16:34 - Feb 19 with 2225 viewsITFCBlues

What is the situation with Norwich’s finances? on 15:59 - Feb 19 by chicoazul

their Chairman said they have a £30m hole in their budget next season but this is a bit of hyperbole on his part as it just means this season is the last of their parachute payments.

Yeah I seem to remember Phil referencing the fact that they’d have a smaller budget than us next season although you’d guess that may of changed with Pritchard and Maddison money

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

What is the situation with Norwich’s finances? on 16:49 - Feb 19 with 2193 viewsSuperfrans

I've had some chats with a few NCFC fans about this and it isn't pretty.

They've had several players on massive wages - as examples, Lafferty on £40k a week, Naismith on £50k a week (and they're still paying 75% of it while he's out on loan), while Klose is on Bundesliga money for another season after this and Moxey's pay-off a year ago was around £750,000. They borrowed to buy Hanley as well, apparently. So they've burned through huge amounts of money, are still paying large salaries and have top heavy staffing levels.

They have already sold Pritchard to bring in cash and the hope is that they can get £20m for Maddison this summer, although the income from that will be staged payments, not a big lump sum.

The problem on top of this is that Delia and her husband have said both that they won't fund the club (ie, invest, by covering debts as Evans does to the tune of £5-6m a season, as we know), but they also say they are not interested in selling or seeking new investment. They want to hand the club on to their nephew (I think).

When all said and done, they are a similar sized club to ours, they currently get bigger crowds, but the football is apparently dull as ditchwater (lots of passing around the defence and midfield, but its slow, undynamic and without much of a cutting edge). If you think about yesterday, their goal was scored by a centre half, from a cross by a centre half. Maddison had two efforts from free kicks, but otherwise two shots from distance. That's their season in a nutshell.

So, a similar sized club to ours, currently higher crowds, but with those likely to wane - if they don't have someone willing to cover losses similar to those that we incur, they'll be forced to live on the income they generate and that won't be enough for them to remain competitive in the Championship.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024