Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Genuine question 20:16 - Feb 19 with 8411 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

At what point does protests/chants/public dissatisfaction against Evans begin?

This season? Next season? When mick is gone and it gets worse? In three seasons time in league 1? At what point?

I just don’t get how a fan base can, in general I mean, be so against the manager but with such little anger towards the biggest cause of our problem.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Genuine question on 20:17 - Feb 19 with 5247 viewsWD19

"Sack the board! Sack the board! Sack the board!"....

.....oh........
Genuine question on 20:19 - Feb 19 with 5247 viewsHerbivore

I'm not against the manager, he's done a good job but it's time for him to go. I'm still not sure what we'd be protesting against if we had a protest.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Easier to change the management though isn't it on 20:22 - Feb 19 with 5225 viewsDyland

And as has been pointed out by many, the football is not only often unadventurous and dull because we don't have a big spending budget.

The problem is that MEG doesn't seem to know anyone who knows anything or anyone about forward thinking footie.

Evans would sell like a shot if he had a realistic offer, and would take the hit.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Genuine question on 20:23 - Feb 19 with 5213 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Genuine question on 20:19 - Feb 19 by Herbivore

I'm not against the manager, he's done a good job but it's time for him to go. I'm still not sure what we'd be protesting against if we had a protest.

I agree with your first sentence. I fully expect it to get worse after he’s gone.

Personally, I’d protest about the fact that depsite the sales of Mings, Cressy and Murph in the recent years, we’ve spent 3m on transfers in micks entire reign. Or I’d protest the fact that the current target every year is for the playoffs and yet we have a budget that will in no way have us promoted. Or I’d protest that our best manager in many a year had been told that if we sold anyone in the January transfer window just gone ‘they’d be replaced by freebies and loans’.

Easier to change the management though isn't it on 20:25 - Feb 19 with 5196 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Easier to change the management though isn't it on 20:22 - Feb 19 by Dyland

And as has been pointed out by many, the football is not only often unadventurous and dull because we don't have a big spending budget.

The problem is that MEG doesn't seem to know anyone who knows anything or anyone about forward thinking footie.

Evans would sell like a shot if he had a realistic offer, and would take the hit.

The Football style is poor. But it’s also effective. I agree mick shouldn’t be here next season, but I would be more confident that we will stay up under mick scrapping points away than whoever the new manager is. The new guy will be a Megson or a Jackett anyway.

Phil said before that Evans has turned down offers.

Easier to change the management though isn't it on 20:33 - Feb 19 with 5156 viewsDyland

Easier to change the management though isn't it on 20:25 - Feb 19 by The_Romford_Blue

The Football style is poor. But it’s also effective. I agree mick shouldn’t be here next season, but I would be more confident that we will stay up under mick scrapping points away than whoever the new manager is. The new guy will be a Megson or a Jackett anyway.

Phil said before that Evans has turned down offers.

I think it's safe to assume that he's turned down offers that are not compelling from a financial perspective... he's losing money remember... it's not as some fans seem to think some dodgy enterprise where MEG is laundering money and evading tax. He can (and no doubt does) avoid taxes (legally) without having a own a football club.

We need a fresh approach and a mercurial manager with a Town connection.

In other words we're fooked!

Genuine question on 20:36 - Feb 19 with 5140 viewsgt81

Genuine question on 20:23 - Feb 19 by The_Romford_Blue

I agree with your first sentence. I fully expect it to get worse after he’s gone.

Personally, I’d protest about the fact that depsite the sales of Mings, Cressy and Murph in the recent years, we’ve spent 3m on transfers in micks entire reign. Or I’d protest the fact that the current target every year is for the playoffs and yet we have a budget that will in no way have us promoted. Or I’d protest that our best manager in many a year had been told that if we sold anyone in the January transfer window just gone ‘they’d be replaced by freebies and loans’.

At root, the protest would be about poor value for money given the entertainment/experience on offer.

A lot of people are already doing it passively in the form of just not going to Town games or choosing Town as option for a time out. It's no different to me deciding not to buy an Apple iMac because I'm not convinced as an informed consumer that I am getting the best value for money.
Easier to change the management though isn't it on 20:37 - Feb 19 with 5137 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Easier to change the management though isn't it on 20:33 - Feb 19 by Dyland

I think it's safe to assume that he's turned down offers that are not compelling from a financial perspective... he's losing money remember... it's not as some fans seem to think some dodgy enterprise where MEG is laundering money and evading tax. He can (and no doubt does) avoid taxes (legally) without having a own a football club.

We need a fresh approach and a mercurial manager with a Town connection.

In other words we're fooked!

I’m of the opinion that if he’s gonna be lucky enough to get to own Ipswich Town, he ought to at least make us financially competitive with a budget that gives us a realistic chance of promotion.

If he won’t or can’t do that, fair enough.. sell up then. We are ipswich ffs. Not his play toy.

Login to get fewer ads

That's modern football on 20:38 - Feb 19 with 5127 viewsDyland

Easier to change the management though isn't it on 20:37 - Feb 19 by The_Romford_Blue

I’m of the opinion that if he’s gonna be lucky enough to get to own Ipswich Town, he ought to at least make us financially competitive with a budget that gives us a realistic chance of promotion.

If he won’t or can’t do that, fair enough.. sell up then. We are ipswich ffs. Not his play toy.

There are clubs in worse states than us on this front.

That's modern football on 20:39 - Feb 19 with 5122 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

That's modern football on 20:38 - Feb 19 by Dyland

There are clubs in worse states than us on this front.

I know there are.

But that doesn’t mean we should just put up with it.

Genuine question on 20:41 - Feb 19 with 5117 viewscrunchie1978

When it gets worse? Surely when a manager tells his own fans to "f##k off" that is rock bottom regardless of what division your in.
That's modern football on 20:48 - Feb 19 with 5108 viewsDyland

That's modern football on 20:39 - Feb 19 by The_Romford_Blue

I know there are.

But that doesn’t mean we should just put up with it.

Of course not. But again, if you aren't going to put up with it, what is it that we're protesting about here exactly? Evans only puts in six million a year? It's a bit ridiculous. Football is eating itself.

We have to cross our fingers and hope MEG can make a creative, forward thinking appointment. And doubly hope that our moronic fan base can be patient and encourage especially the young players instead of moaning and groaning all the time. A more positive playing style may help on that front.

But let's face it... it's as likely we'll appoint a McCarthy lite... and on that front I'd rather keep McCarthy (and lose our melty fans).

That's modern football on 20:58 - Feb 19 with 5071 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

That's modern football on 20:48 - Feb 19 by Dyland

Of course not. But again, if you aren't going to put up with it, what is it that we're protesting about here exactly? Evans only puts in six million a year? It's a bit ridiculous. Football is eating itself.

We have to cross our fingers and hope MEG can make a creative, forward thinking appointment. And doubly hope that our moronic fan base can be patient and encourage especially the young players instead of moaning and groaning all the time. A more positive playing style may help on that front.

But let's face it... it's as likely we'll appoint a McCarthy lite... and on that front I'd rather keep McCarthy (and lose our melty fans).

You talk a lot of sense. I too would rather McCarthy over a Megson type.

The problem is the club is dying due to the loss of so many fans. Loyal fans not just the fair weather ones. That decline in numbers is so worrying that mick needs to go because otherwise next season we could have gates of 12k. That’s 50% if what it was when Evans bought the club.

There’s a part of me that thinks Evans is just unlucky in that the money in championship football has got too much for Evans. But then the other part of me thinks I have a season ticket and do 15 away games a season, I’m not asking for a lot. I just want Town to have a team of players who care and a realistic chance of some success. There’s absolutely no chance of promotion on this budget. So we are effectively waiting for that terrible season where we get relegated.

Really.. what’s the point? 15 years I’ve supported this club and wtf do I have to show for it? A failed cup semi final? A playoff loss? A 5-1 win against West Ham? My sadness in the situation is quickly turning into anger. And Evans, as the anonymous owner putting in the bare minimum, is just going to naturally bear the brunt of that.

Genuine question on 21:02 - Feb 19 with 5053 viewsJ2BLUE

Evans doesn't care what the fans think and has a human shield in Milne.

I honestly think MM will get a new deal. Most ST holders aren't doing anything about it so can't really complain when it happens. No good whining on a forum.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Of course he'll bear the brunt on 21:13 - Feb 19 with 5014 viewsDyland

That's modern football on 20:58 - Feb 19 by The_Romford_Blue

The problem is the club is dying due to the loss of so many fans. Loyal fans not just the fair weather ones. That decline in numbers is so worrying that mick needs to go because otherwise next season we could have gates of 12k. That’s 50% if what it was when Evans bought the club.

There’s a part of me that thinks Evans is just unlucky in that the money in championship football has got too much for Evans. But then the other part of me thinks I have a season ticket and do 15 away games a season, I’m not asking for a lot. I just want Town to have a team of players who care and a realistic chance of some success. There’s absolutely no chance of promotion on this budget. So we are effectively waiting for that terrible season where we get relegated.

Really.. what’s the point? 15 years I’ve supported this club and wtf do I have to show for it? A failed cup semi final? A playoff loss? A 5-1 win against West Ham? My sadness in the situation is quickly turning into anger. And Evans, as the anonymous owner putting in the bare minimum, is just going to naturally bear the brunt of that.

That's only natural, and quite fair enough.

I think the players do care generally. It's becoming hard though with the toxic vitriol coming from the angry minority. I mean honestly, singing WITH NORWICH our football is sh1te. Stupid melts. Embarrassing. What must the players think.

We've had gates that low, and not too long ago. And been considerably worse off on and off the pitch. Unfortunately the reality is we are where we are and it's not so crazy really. We're a mid size club with a mid size fanbase. We just have a great history and are fortunate to have had two amazing forward thinking managers.

Bigger or similar size clubs than us have done worse over the time we've been in the second tier. It's hilarious Norwich triumphantly goad re the sixteen years. They've been in the third tier. So what they've been promoted again? They've bottled it in the most funny fashion.

Look on the bright side, when neutrals talk about ITFC they talk about Ramsey, Robson, and especially THAT team in 1981. When they talk about NCFC they talk about Delia Smith and Stephen Fry.

You deserve some better times though, I agree. Whether we get them or not is in the hands of fate.

Genuine question on 21:14 - Feb 19 with 5006 viewsScuzzer

It already started last season....and maybe the season before that. 2,000 Season Ticket holders lodged their protest by not signing up for this season, I was one of them. Surely that is the most direct and effective way of showing peoples dissatisfaction with the owner.

Established 1968

That's modern football on 21:16 - Feb 19 with 4996 viewsportmanroadblue

That's modern football on 20:58 - Feb 19 by The_Romford_Blue

Whens the 3 year plan up, or was it a five year plan or a 3/5 point plan? cant remember, but thats when we should really be protesting.

Agree, its time for McCarthy to go and hes done well with the lack of funds.

We seem to have a lot of youngsters on the fringe of the first team and some even better coming through the ranks, I dont want to see the flair and individuality being coached out of them, which would happen under McCarthy.

One thing I dont think will be improved if McCarthy goes, and thats the loans McCarthy has managed to bring in.
Genuine question on 21:26 - Feb 19 with 4957 viewsBlueBadger

Genuine question on 20:19 - Feb 19 by Herbivore

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's Last Days of Magilton all over again.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Genuine question on 21:30 - Feb 19 with 4944 viewsFreddies_Ears

And if Evans walked away, writing off the debt but not prepared to put any more in? What then?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 21:32]
Genuine question on 22:19 - Feb 19 with 4875 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Genuine question on 21:30 - Feb 19 by Freddies_Ears

And if Evans walked away, writing off the debt but not prepared to put any more in? What then?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 21:32]

*sigh*

I guess we should just carry on with no chance of promotion for the next few years until we are eventually relegated then. Yay! Buzzing!

Genuine question on 22:22 - Feb 19 with 4865 viewsnoggin

No chance, someone might spill their bovril.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Genuine question on 22:25 - Feb 19 with 4855 viewsMelford

Genuine question on 21:26 - Feb 19 by BlueBadger

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's Last Days of Magilton all over again.

and getting rid of Jim worked out really well too.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Genuine question on 08:07 - Feb 20 with 4697 viewsHerbivore

Genuine question on 22:19 - Feb 19 by The_Romford_Blue

*sigh*

I guess we should just carry on with no chance of promotion for the next few years until we are eventually relegated then. Yay! Buzzing!

But do you not think protesting that someone *only* puts £6m of their own money in a season makes us sound like entitled children? We all want to be competing for promotion but we have no right to expect it or to feel entitled to be in such a position. There are 23 others sides in this league who want the same thing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Genuine question on 08:10 - Feb 20 with 4688 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Genuine question on 08:07 - Feb 20 by Herbivore

But do you not think protesting that someone *only* puts £6m of their own money in a season makes us sound like entitled children? We all want to be competing for promotion but we have no right to expect it or to feel entitled to be in such a position. There are 23 others sides in this league who want the same thing.

If he’s not going to be putting in an amount that gives us a chance at promotion, he should sell up.

If he keeps the club and keeps this budget for 20 more years, we will be in this league or be relegated in that time. Imagine being in this same league for another 16 more years. We will have crowds of less than 12k ffs

Genuine question on 08:13 - Feb 20 with 4680 viewsnoggin

Genuine question on 08:10 - Feb 20 by The_Romford_Blue

If he’s not going to be putting in an amount that gives us a chance at promotion, he should sell up.

If he keeps the club and keeps this budget for 20 more years, we will be in this league or be relegated in that time. Imagine being in this same league for another 16 more years. We will have crowds of less than 12k ffs

We're already getting crowds under 12k in real terms. There should be protests but there won't be.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024