Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People inside football all say the samething about MM...! 20:45 - Feb 19 with 5819 viewsITFCcharmer

Whenever anyone in the game is interviewed and asked for their opinion about ITFC under the management of MM, they all seem to have the same opinion and that Mick has done a brilliant job.

So why do the majority of “vocal” fans think otherwise? Who knows more about the situation - the fans that come week after week and want to be entertained by attacking football? Or those who are often privy to more “behind the scenes” info about how clubs like Ipswich are run and the Man management style and approach of Mick.

Does anyone think that MM has lost the changing room? People in the club only ever seem to have positives to say about MM. Everyone at the club seems to have bought into the MM way, I haven’t heard any whispers of disatisfaction, rifts or internal wrangling, has anyone else?

With only having had 3m to spend on transfer fees since arriving here, how can anyone expect us to realistically compete with the best in the league..? while in trueth we do compete and are rarely convincingly beaten by anyone in the league home or away.

Is setting us up to be solid at the back and to not lose, that much of a problem when we haven’t really got the type of players to be set up to attack attack attack? Until an ITFC manager is given funds to invest in players we can’t expect anything better.

IMO It’s not MM fans should vent their frustration at. Evans and the lack of funds is the real problem!

When MM leaves in the summer who is really going to want to work at our club with no funds being made available to invest and the “vocal fan base” venting at the manager who has no real money to invest in the type of players that fans want to see!?!

When expectations compared to means are so far apart, dissatisfaction and frustration Is bound to be the result.

I’m one of Celina’s biggest fans but I thought MM got our tactics and formation spot on at Norwich and to hear the fans sing “your football is s@@t” away at our local rivals, when you could see the players and staff doing everything they could to get a winning result was so disappointing... and our football wasn’t s@@t, no wonder he made his feeling felt when we scored!

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 20:52 - Feb 19 with 4734 viewsFtnfwest

Plus a million a year for the last three years on premier league loans.
People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 21:04 - Feb 19 with 4686 viewsMVBlue

All this depends on whether you think football is a sport, or a business. Mick manages the business well, getting some points on the board and folk look at the league table and say yes, well run club, for their money. Like a well run pub. Does well, good food, sticks to what it knows. No need to bring in Gordon Ramsey to rejuvinate it.

"Ipswich Town FC, how can anyone expect us to realistically compete with the best in the league...." I mean when it was a sport they won the league, FA cup, UEFA cup, playing the best teams in all the country and europe, never losing at home in European competition.

So, no need to find a manager with something to prove whos worked with players to find their strongest position and taught them to play the beautiful game, bringing them confidence and gelling a unit together.

No, its a business isn't it. Steady hand, a manager who can 'work with what hes got', earning hundreds of thousands positioning players to make a hard to beat unit that puts points on the board. Because we should always stay a Championship club with low ambition, as thats the business model now football is less a sport more a financial system.

Well if thats the way its going, 12000 is the attendence ITFC can expect. Sigh.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 21:06]

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

on 21:12 - Feb 19 with 4626 views_

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 21:15 - Feb 19 with 4606 viewsDubtractor

People inside always say good things about other people in football, that's just how it is.

That's not to say he hasn't done a decent job overall though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

on 21:20 - Feb 19 with 4583 views_

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 21:15 - Feb 19 by Dubtractor

People inside always say good things about other people in football, that's just how it is.

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 22:02 - Feb 19 with 4479 viewsChe

Excellent post and I thought fans singing about the teams football like that in a game we were drawing away, went one up and only lost the lead at the death should take a long hard look at themselves.
People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 22:05 - Feb 19 with 4464 viewswitchdoctor

ok Mick..👍
People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 09:31 - Feb 20 with 4225 viewsKitman

Well written.As an exile I don't see matches week in, week out so I rarely comment on the play we churn out. I do however, have a massive nagging doubt about MM going and the owner carrying on with the same old policy on funding. It'll be a very bright lad indeed to work on the same budget, play attractive football and mount a challenge..

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

Login to get fewer ads

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 10:47 - Feb 20 with 4150 viewsFreddies_Ears

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 22:02 - Feb 19 by Che

Excellent post and I thought fans singing about the teams football like that in a game we were drawing away, went one up and only lost the lead at the death should take a long hard look at themselves.

They can't take a look at themselves. They smashed the mirror to show how hard they are.
People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 10:53 - Feb 20 with 4130 viewsSomethingBlue

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 21:15 - Feb 19 by Dubtractor

They don't — trust me.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 11:12 - Feb 20 with 4087 viewsitfcjoe

There will always be people moaning about Mick's pragmatism and style of football - but ultimately he is doing a good job with the resources at his disposal.

He has been hampered by injuries, and they have killed this season for us really - but the fact he knows he is doing a decent job objectively and is getting loads of stick makes him reacts to the fans (who are on the whole way OTT) and this doesn't help anything.

The situation is toxic, and he's got to go for the benefit of everyone (except Marcus Evans...) but those thinking things will be better off without him could be in for a big shock.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 11:22 - Feb 20 with 4060 viewsRyorry

"Whenever anyone in the game is interviewed and asked for their opinion about ITFC under the management of MM, they all seem to have the same opinion and that Mick has done a brilliant job. "

How many entire games of ours in total have all of them put together actually watched? 5? 10?

Thousands of our fans watch every game, week in week out, year in year out, in full. I'd sooner trust the fans tbh.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 11:24 - Feb 20 with 4055 viewscharlie1

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 20:52 - Feb 19 by Ftnfwest

Plus a million a year for the last three years on premier league loans.

Expenditure for the 2017/18 season: -

Hull £17.86m
Middlesbrough £50.09m
Reading £13.14m
Sheff Wed £13.68m
Fulham £19.64m
Leeds £25.59m
Norwich £13.18m
Derby £11.04m
Cardiff £11.40m
Wolves £22.15m
Bristol £12.09m
Birmingham £15.89m

Many others have also spent far more than Town, these are just the most alarming.

How can people honestly believe that we can compete with that?!
People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 11:27 - Feb 20 with 4044 viewsitfcjoe

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 11:24 - Feb 20 by charlie1

Expenditure for the 2017/18 season: -

Hull £17.86m
Middlesbrough £50.09m
Reading £13.14m
Sheff Wed £13.68m
Fulham £19.64m
Leeds £25.59m
Norwich £13.18m
Derby £11.04m
Cardiff £11.40m
Wolves £22.15m
Bristol £12.09m
Birmingham £15.89m

Many others have also spent far more than Town, these are just the most alarming.

How can people honestly believe that we can compete with that?!

It's not just that, it's the wages too.

Mick is juggling sand and his recruitment has been excellent - although I do think he has failed to make the most of the squad he has put together (on a shoestring)

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 11:32 - Feb 20 with 4027 viewsCrawfordsboot

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 21:04 - Feb 19 by MVBlue

All this depends on whether you think football is a sport, or a business. Mick manages the business well, getting some points on the board and folk look at the league table and say yes, well run club, for their money. Like a well run pub. Does well, good food, sticks to what it knows. No need to bring in Gordon Ramsey to rejuvinate it.

"Ipswich Town FC, how can anyone expect us to realistically compete with the best in the league...." I mean when it was a sport they won the league, FA cup, UEFA cup, playing the best teams in all the country and europe, never losing at home in European competition.

So, no need to find a manager with something to prove whos worked with players to find their strongest position and taught them to play the beautiful game, bringing them confidence and gelling a unit together.

No, its a business isn't it. Steady hand, a manager who can 'work with what hes got', earning hundreds of thousands positioning players to make a hard to beat unit that puts points on the board. Because we should always stay a Championship club with low ambition, as thats the business model now football is less a sport more a financial system.

Well if thats the way its going, 12000 is the attendence ITFC can expect. Sigh.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 21:06]

You seem to be implying that Football is a sport but that at ITFC it is just a business.

Reality is that every premiership club is a business. Also probably every championship club. Yes they all have dreams but those dreams are always constrained by finances. With the amount of money sloshing around how could it be otherwise.

The fact is that our club/business has limited finances
People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 11:38 - Feb 20 with 4012 viewscharlie1

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 11:27 - Feb 20 by itfcjoe

It's not just that, it's the wages too.

Mick is juggling sand and his recruitment has been excellent - although I do think he has failed to make the most of the squad he has put together (on a shoestring)

True.

Five of the current top six have spent a combined £75m (!!!!!) and the sixth signed John Terry on a free. Can’t see him playing just for fun.

I would agree that Mick hasn’t got the best out of what is actually a very tidy squad, and injuries have played a part in that, but I would also argue that we wouldn’t have been able to assemble such a squad if it weren’t for Micks standing in the game.

Would love to see what he can do with a fully fit Huws, Bishop, Dozzell, Adeyemi not to mention all the emerging youngsters.
People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 11:38 - Feb 20 with 4012 viewspowinswitch

I think its fair to say Mick has achieved a good outcome working on the resources he has had. I think we have a significantly better squad than when he arrived. I applaud him on his transfer dealings. He has instilled a good work ethic and created a good (perhaps excellent) team spirit.

His style of football troubles me greatly and is the reason I want him gone. Lowest number of shots on goal last season, and second lowest so far this year. We are not entertaining, and attending games has almost become a chore. And I love the club.

However his interaction with the fans over the last couple of years has been abysmal. There is blame on both sides, I don't doubt, but when he has gone, the fan base will still be here. Whether they will attend or not, and how much long term damage has been done to the relationship between club and supporters is another thing. But that is also not all down to McCarthy, with so many issues causing bad feeling.

I am grateful for Mick's first two - three years. I have not enjoyed the last two to two and a half. Its a shame this has dragged on for as long as it has, as he deserves to be remembered better than he possibly will be.
People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 11:46 - Feb 20 with 3992 viewsitfcjoe

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 11:38 - Feb 20 by charlie1

True.

Five of the current top six have spent a combined £75m (!!!!!) and the sixth signed John Terry on a free. Can’t see him playing just for fun.

I would agree that Mick hasn’t got the best out of what is actually a very tidy squad, and injuries have played a part in that, but I would also argue that we wouldn’t have been able to assemble such a squad if it weren’t for Micks standing in the game.

Would love to see what he can do with a fully fit Huws, Bishop, Dozzell, Adeyemi not to mention all the emerging youngsters.

The likes of Waghorn and Garner are signing here to play for Mick, not because they love ITFC - he's also trusted with loan players like Lawrence, Celina etc -it takes years to build up that network of contacts and respect that he has and utilises here

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 12:11 - Feb 20 with 3958 viewsSomethingBlue

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 11:22 - Feb 20 by Ryorry

"Whenever anyone in the game is interviewed and asked for their opinion about ITFC under the management of MM, they all seem to have the same opinion and that Mick has done a brilliant job. "

How many entire games of ours in total have all of them put together actually watched? 5? 10?

Thousands of our fans watch every game, week in week out, year in year out, in full. I'd sooner trust the fans tbh.

The fans' view is important but it is very different and I'm afraid what you say isn't true.

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 12:15 - Feb 20 with 3938 viewsRyorry

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 11:46 - Feb 20 by itfcjoe

The likes of Waghorn and Garner are signing here to play for Mick, not because they love ITFC - he's also trusted with loan players like Lawrence, Celina etc -it takes years to build up that network of contacts and respect that he has and utilises here

That's actually a very fair point which I must admit I'd not given proper consideration to before.

Just a shame about the style of football that he sets them up to play - see Powin's post above. If only the two things - players signed + our style/tactics - could be joined together!

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 12:18 - Feb 20 with 3922 viewsRyorry

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 12:11 - Feb 20 by SomethingBlue

The fans' view is important but it is very different and I'm afraid what you say isn't true.

Which bit of what I said isn't true?

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 12:23 - Feb 20 with 3903 viewsSomethingBlue

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 12:18 - Feb 20 by Ryorry

Which bit of what I said isn't true?

That people inside the game who talk about Mick haven't seen much of Ipswich and, by implication, know little of his methods or the context he works within. They actually know a lot more. Which doesn't discount the views of fans, of course it doesn't — but it's just a totally different realm.

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 12:35 - Feb 20 with 3859 viewsBloomBlue

And that's the funny thing, fans keep moaning ME needs to get a football man into the club ie a director of football to help choose the next manager and all the football men/experts are saying MM is the best person for the job
People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 12:36 - Feb 20 with 3853 viewsRyorry

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 12:23 - Feb 20 by SomethingBlue

That people inside the game who talk about Mick haven't seen much of Ipswich and, by implication, know little of his methods or the context he works within. They actually know a lot more. Which doesn't discount the views of fans, of course it doesn't — but it's just a totally different realm.

But I didn't say that, you've picked up 'implications' incorrectly (or perhaps I didn't express myself clearly enough!). I asked how much time all of them put together have actually spent watching us play? Thousands of our fans watch 92 mins+ week in week out, and according to most on here, are fed up and bored out of their minds by watching dross week in week out. Completely different kettle of fish. When all of those pundits have put in the same stint as the fans, they might have a different view - that was my point.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 12:46]

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 12:42 - Feb 20 with 3818 viewsMullet

People inside football all say the samething about MM...! on 12:36 - Feb 20 by Ryorry

But I didn't say that, you've picked up 'implications' incorrectly (or perhaps I didn't express myself clearly enough!). I asked how much time all of them put together have actually spent watching us play? Thousands of our fans watch 92 mins+ week in week out, and according to most on here, are fed up and bored out of their minds by watching dross week in week out. Completely different kettle of fish. When all of those pundits have put in the same stint as the fans, they might have a different view - that was my point.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 12:46]

Given our away attendances I doubt we have more than 200 people that watch every game live. Some of us get can use iFollow which is pretty good, however if you think that ex-pros and players don't know or keep up to date either you're kidding yourself.

Noel Hunt on twitter this weekend being a good example. Keith Andrews on TV, whilst I'm no great fan, was very insightful and it was obvious he'd kept himself in the loop through the old boys network judging from the way he was talking.

Arguably the old boys are going to get far more inside info and gossip which is probably telling.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024