Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? 20:50 - Feb 19 with 3953 viewsITFC_Forever

Pathetic, weak refereeing.

Had the yellow in his hand and changed his mind.

Ian Nolan should make a comeback.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? on 21:00 - Feb 19 with 3906 viewsPJH

Looked like it didn't it?

"I'm going to book him,what do you reckon lads?"

"Nah,nah ref,send him off"

"Ok I will".
on 21:07 - Feb 19 with 3879 views_

Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? on 21:11 - Feb 19 with 3865 viewsBasuco

The ref actually wrote his name on the yellow card, did he say something to get a straight red as well as the yellow?
Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? on 21:13 - Feb 19 with 3851 viewsfloridaboy

on 21:07 - Feb 19 by _

He was reacting to Cook waving an imaginary card at the fourth official.
on 21:27 - Feb 19 with 3811 views_

Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? on 21:13 - Feb 19 by floridaboy

Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? on 21:34 - Feb 19 with 3776 viewsITFC_Forever

Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? on 21:11 - Feb 19 by Basuco

The ref actually wrote his name on the yellow card, did he say something to get a straight red as well as the yellow?

Don’t think he could near enough to the ref to say anything as there was so many Wigan players around him.

And now Wigan have scored...

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? on 21:57 - Feb 19 with 3721 viewsSimonds92

The way Guardiola has complained about tackles on his players, to try and defend that tackle is ridiculous. Like the way because it was a city player he wasn't out of control according to the BBC. If that was a Wigan player it would have been deemed reckless. Over the ball out of control. Red card.
Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? on 22:00 - Feb 19 with 3700 viewsm14_blue

on 21:07 - Feb 19 by _

Pep's reaction was a disgrace, any other manager would be in all sorts of trouble.

Can only assume the ref had communication from his assistant that it should be a red. 50/50 call I reckon.
Login to get fewer ads

on 22:01 - Feb 19 with 3679 views_

Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? on 22:00 - Feb 19 by m14_blue

Pep's reaction was a disgrace, any other manager would be in all sorts of trouble.

Can only assume the ref had communication from his assistant that it should be a red. 50/50 call I reckon.

Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? on 22:10 - Feb 19 with 3653 viewsbrazil1982

Names are written on the yellow in most cases. Just because you see a yellow in his hand, means nothing.
Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? on 22:22 - Feb 19 with 3610 viewsflimflam

Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? on 21:11 - Feb 19 by Basuco

Pretty sure they do not write on the yellow or red cards so no idea why the commentators said that.
In fact I know they dont as I have official FA cards from my ref course and they are shiny plastic.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? on 23:19 - Feb 19 with 3500 viewsGarv

Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? on 21:57 - Feb 19 by Simonds92

The way Guardiola has complained about tackles on his players, to try and defend that tackle is ridiculous. Like the way because it was a city player he wasn't out of control according to the BBC. If that was a Wigan player it would have been deemed reckless. Over the ball out of control. Red card.

Of course if we ignore the fact its quite entertaining to see City suffer etc, it was a yellow card challenge, or less. Right?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? on 07:22 - Feb 20 with 3360 viewsSimonds92

Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? on 23:19 - Feb 19 by Garv

Of course if we ignore the fact its quite entertaining to see City suffer etc, it was a yellow card challenge, or less. Right?

No it's not, it's over the ball at speed he's not in control and endangering the opposition player who was lucky his studs didn't get stuck in the pitch.
Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? on 07:41 - Feb 20 with 3339 viewsJohnny_Boy

Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? on 21:13 - Feb 19 by floridaboy

But was he waving an imaginary yellow or red card?
Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? on 15:12 - Feb 20 with 3233 viewsGarv

Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? on 07:22 - Feb 20 by Simonds92

No it's not, it's over the ball at speed he's not in control and endangering the opposition player who was lucky his studs didn't get stuck in the pitch.

It's debatable. Nothing in the laws to say you can't tackle at speed, if he'd been slower he probably would have injured him. Won the ball, wasn't two footed. I can see why it was given but my opinion is yellow.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? on 15:30 - Feb 20 with 3219 viewsmanchego

Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? on 23:19 - Feb 19 by Garv

It looked red to me.
Get one of those wrong and it’s a leg breaker. He’s not in control of where he’s going.
Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? on 15:50 - Feb 20 with 3203 viewschicoazul

Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? on 22:00 - Feb 19 by m14_blue

It was a definite red. Going off the floor in the tackle is no longer allowed whether with two feet or one.
I heard that that specific ref writes the names of the players he cautions AND sends off on his yellow card hence him getting it out.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Who said there’s nothing to be gained by hounding the ref as a mob? on 16:05 - Feb 20 with 3178 viewsRadlett_blue

Yep, was definitely out of control but Delph did keep his feet on the floor. I would have called it yellow, but was a borderline decision & if more reds are given for tackles like that, players will stop sliding in recklessly.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024