Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues 08:48 - Feb 20 with 6124 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm a big 6 Music fan but I can't abide Mary Ann Hobbs who is sitting in for the next two weeks at this time.

Don't want sport, don't want tons of adverts just some decent tunes.

Think 6 Music without Mary Ann Hobbs.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 09:08 - Feb 20 with 5080 viewstcblue

6Music with a hand on the volume knob for when the nasty lady start speaking
DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 09:10 - Feb 20 with 5077 viewsartsbossbeard

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 09:08 - Feb 20 by tcblue

6Music with a hand on the volume knob for when the nasty lady start speaking

Alexa says no.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 09:11 - Feb 20 with 5074 viewsBlueBadger

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 09:10 - Feb 20 by artsbossbeard

Alexa says no.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 09:15 - Feb 20 with 5059 viewschicoazul

I have had DAB for years and years in the kitchen and I can never get any channel apart from the BBC ones and Absolute Radio. Even Talksport crackles and breaks up.
DAB is a sham.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 09:17 - Feb 20 with 5055 viewsartsbossbeard

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 09:15 - Feb 20 by chicoazul

I have had DAB for years and years in the kitchen and I can never get any channel apart from the BBC ones and Absolute Radio. Even Talksport crackles and breaks up.
DAB is a sham.

I've cheated by using the tune-in app on my Sonos set up (now with added Alexa integration). The radio world is my oyster.

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 09:24 - Feb 20 with 5032 viewsLord_Lucan

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 09:15 - Feb 20 by chicoazul

DAB is a sham.

To be fair it depends on how good the radio are I think.

I've got a couple of Pure Evokes and wherever I take them the quality is 100%.

ABB - listen to some good chat on LBC.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 09:32 - Feb 20 with 5018 viewschicoazul

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 09:24 - Feb 20 by Lord_Lucan

To be fair it depends on how good the radio are I think.

I've got a couple of Pure Evokes and wherever I take them the quality is 100%.

ABB - listen to some good chat on LBC.

Mine is a Pure Evoke! But I have had it for about 16 years so maybe it's just bggered.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 09:58 - Feb 20 with 4991 viewsDeano69

Get spotify premium free for a month, explore playlists and Spotify Radio. No Ads, no talking cant go wrong

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Login to get fewer ads

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 10:01 - Feb 20 with 4981 viewsartsbossbeard

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 09:58 - Feb 20 by Deano69

Get spotify premium free for a month, explore playlists and Spotify Radio. No Ads, no talking cant go wrong

Brilliant and I'm embarrassed that as a fully fledged Spotify user I've not even thought of that option.

Sorted!

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 10:19 - Feb 20 with 4960 viewsDeano69

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 10:01 - Feb 20 by artsbossbeard

Brilliant and I'm embarrassed that as a fully fledged Spotify user I've not even thought of that option.

Sorted!

I am a recent convert too. Then carry on listening in the car etc etc. Best money I have spent for ages. Now going through old albums I used to listen to years ago. Even creating my own playlists etc.... Brilliant with Sonos

Alexa - resume Spotify in the Kitchen

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 10:35 - Feb 20 with 4942 viewsartsbossbeard

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 10:19 - Feb 20 by Deano69

I am a recent convert too. Then carry on listening in the car etc etc. Best money I have spent for ages. Now going through old albums I used to listen to years ago. Even creating my own playlists etc.... Brilliant with Sonos

Alexa - resume Spotify in the Kitchen

Off the back of this, I've actually boxed up loads of CD's and they're off to ziffit.

New storage space aplenty at Beard Towers.

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 12:04 - Feb 20 with 4901 viewsDeano69

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 10:35 - Feb 20 by artsbossbeard

Off the back of this, I've actually boxed up loads of CD's and they're off to ziffit.

New storage space aplenty at Beard Towers.

What are going to do with the 37p they have given for them all?

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 12:33 - Feb 20 with 4887 viewsartsbossbeard

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 12:04 - Feb 20 by Deano69

What are going to do with the 37p they have given for them all?

I know...

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 13:24 - Feb 20 with 4853 viewsDubtractor

Other stations just have too many adverts.

If you can get online stations go for cdnx. Camden based station just playing loads of good music and no chat.

I agree 're Mary Ann Hobbs also.

Edit: apparently cdnx is now nme radio.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 13:25]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 13:29 - Feb 20 with 4840 viewsDubtractor

Or you could go on mix cloud and listen to my high quality radio show from last week.

I'm less annoying than mah.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 14:25 - Feb 20 with 4799 viewsSteve_M

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 13:24 - Feb 20 by Dubtractor

Other stations just have too many adverts.

If you can get online stations go for cdnx. Camden based station just playing loads of good music and no chat.

I agree 're Mary Ann Hobbs also.

Edit: apparently cdnx is now nme radio.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 13:25]

I'll have a look out for that one then. Not really found much in the way of additional stations with internet radio so far.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 14:59 - Feb 20 with 4780 viewssoupytwist

2 weeks? It was only the prospect of it being one week that was keeping me going. Having just been made redundant and therefore at home more this might just tip me over the edge. Someone needs to have a stern word with Keaveny.

Might give Dubtractor a go.
DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 15:34 - Feb 20 with 4767 viewsartsbossbeard

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 14:59 - Feb 20 by soupytwist

2 weeks? It was only the prospect of it being one week that was keeping me going. Having just been made redundant and therefore at home more this might just tip me over the edge. Someone needs to have a stern word with Keaveny.

Yep, two weeks hols for Keaveny. I'm hoping Mary has only got a week to cover as I can't wake up to her softly spoken tones.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 15:42]

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 19:46 - Feb 20 with 4688 viewsJohnny_Boy

Why didn't you just get an Internet radio instead?
DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 19:54 - Feb 20 with 4678 viewsunbelievablue

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 14:59 - Feb 20 by soupytwist

She's so annoying.

Best presenter(s)? I love Cerys Matthews.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 19:59 - Feb 20 with 4672 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 19:46 - Feb 20 by Johnny_Boy

Why didn't you just get an Internet radio instead?

Considering I can stream any radio station from around the world from my phone I was thinking the same
DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 20:36 - Feb 20 with 4647 viewsJohnny_Boy

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 19:59 - Feb 20 by FrowsyArmLarry

Considering I can stream any radio station from around the world from my phone I was thinking the same

Internet radios have gone down in price quite considerably in recent years. Loved my DAB when I got mine in 2008, but the selection of UK radio is painfully poor. 6Music has died a slow & painful death from its glorious inception. (Bloody playlists?!? Are you kidding me? The sole point of 6Music was distancing itself from R1, R2 & every commercial station in the land). I don't want to hear the same song getting plugged 4 times a day on a playlist.

WFMU (NYC) & KEXP (Seattle) are the radio stations you need to be listening to.

But as you say, purchase a Sonos speaker, pair that with your Android or IPhone & you've got the all the Worlds radio stations at your fingertips.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 20:49]
DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 00:05 - Feb 21 with 4559 viewsoldbluey

Since Radio Caroline launched on AM in Suffolk / North Essex I have not listened to DAB much at home or in my car.

The AM signal is excellent and the music is great!

Poll: Chopra - do you want him to stay or want him to go?

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 08:26 - Feb 21 with 4499 viewsSteve_M

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 20:36 - Feb 20 by Johnny_Boy

Internet radios have gone down in price quite considerably in recent years. Loved my DAB when I got mine in 2008, but the selection of UK radio is painfully poor. 6Music has died a slow & painful death from its glorious inception. (Bloody playlists?!? Are you kidding me? The sole point of 6Music was distancing itself from R1, R2 & every commercial station in the land). I don't want to hear the same song getting plugged 4 times a day on a playlist.

WFMU (NYC) & KEXP (Seattle) are the radio stations you need to be listening to.

But as you say, purchase a Sonos speaker, pair that with your Android or IPhone & you've got the all the Worlds radio stations at your fingertips.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 20:49]

On the odd occasions I listen to 6 music during the day it is pretty tedious, certainly in the morning. The evening stuff still tends to be varied and random.

I'll note those two stations down and have a listen though, cheers.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

DAB Radio station me up, fellow blues on 10:39 - Feb 21 with 4465 viewsBaaBaaBlue

If it helps.. I think Nemone is sitting in next week
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024