Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" 09:31 - Feb 20 with 9638 viewsartsbossbeard

1. I Gotta Feeling - Black eyed Peas
2. Saturday Night - Whigfield
3. Pussycat Dolls - Don'tcha
4. Anything by Pitbull
5. Loveshack - B52's

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 09:34 - Feb 20 with 6045 viewsITFC_Forever

House of Pain - Jump Around
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
We Are Family - Sister Sledge
Anything by The Streets

Pretty much anything else doesn't bother me.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a on 09:35 - Feb 20 with 6030 viewsTractorJack

Wonderwall
Mr. Brightside
Dancing in the Moonlight
Sex on Fire
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 9:35]
5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 09:35 - Feb 20 with 6028 viewsartsbossbeard

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 09:34 - Feb 20 by ITFC_Forever

Anything by The Streets

RKD's not going to like your last exclusion option.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 09:38 - Feb 20 with 6013 viewsBlueBadger

The main thing I'm getting from this thread is that the people posting in it basically don't want anybody to dance at their 'do'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 09:39 - Feb 20 with 5991 viewsartsbossbeard

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 09:38 - Feb 20 by BlueBadger

The main thing I'm getting from this thread is that the people posting in it basically don't want anybody to dance at their 'do'.

My do would have a float behind the bar (finished by 19:43PM).

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 10:39 - Feb 20 with 5918 viewsGlasgowBlue

People planning a “do” should remember that it’s not about them. It’s about their guests having a great time and keeping a full dancefloor.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 10:40 - Feb 20 with 5915 viewsGlasgowBlue

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 09:38 - Feb 20 by BlueBadger

You beat me to it.

Iron Lion Zion

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 10:42 - Feb 20 with 5912 viewsBluefish

I'm confused by it also. These are the best songs for getting people on a dance floor. Would they rather sit in the corner and just listen?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 10:51 - Feb 20 with 5893 viewsartsbossbeard

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 10:42 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

I'm confused by it also. These are the best songs for getting people on a dance floor. Would they rather sit in the corner and just listen?

If I'm paying the DJ, it's going to be New Order, Kraftwerk, Underworld with some added Morrisey, The Smiths & maybe some Beastie Boys at a push.

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 10:55 - Feb 20 with 5876 viewsGlasgowBlue

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 10:51 - Feb 20 by artsbossbeard

If I'm paying the DJ, it's going to be New Order, Kraftwerk, Underworld with some added Morrisey, The Smiths & maybe some Beastie Boys at a push.

I used to DJ back in the day. My heart would sink when a couple would hand me their personal play list for their wedding do. What people need to remember is not everybody likes their taste in music.

It’s a DJ’s job to keep the dance floor full. Not indulge the hosts in a w@nkfest of their favourite student days favourite music.

Iron Lion Zion

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 11:03 - Feb 20 with 5851 viewsBlueBadger

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 10:55 - Feb 20 by GlasgowBlue

I used to DJ back in the day. My heart would sink when a couple would hand me their personal play list for their wedding do. What people need to remember is not everybody likes their taste in music.

It’s a DJ’s job to keep the dance floor full. Not indulge the hosts in a w@nkfest of their favourite student days favourite music.

The odd 'this is ur song' is fine, a whole night of it is a bit indulgent.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 11:07 - Feb 20 with 5840 viewsitfcjoe

Reef - Place Your Hands

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 11:10 - Feb 20 with 5829 viewsThrobbe

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 10:55 - Feb 20 by GlasgowBlue

Exactly what the DJ at my wedding did. Pretty much ignored all our suggestions and was dead right to do so. Loads of people commented in the following weeks how good the music was.

If people want to shuffle around to Build Me Up Buttercup, let them get on with it.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 11:10 - Feb 20 with 5830 viewsBlueBadger

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 11:07 - Feb 20 by itfcjoe

Reef - Place Your Hands

Fair dos on the Reef. That song is basically what bad breath sounds like.

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 11:13 - Feb 20 with 5816 viewsartsbossbeard

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 11:10 - Feb 20 by Throbbe

Exactly what the DJ at my wedding did. Pretty much ignored all our suggestions and was dead right to do so. Loads of people commented in the following weeks how good the music was.

If people want to shuffle around to Build Me Up Buttercup, let them get on with it.

Argh! That's another for the list!

Also, the Black Eyed Peas - I've gotta feeling has angered me further simply by looking at the title. It's got to be "I've got a feeling" as "I've gotta feeling" doesn't make any sense as it's a curtailed version of got to "I've got to feeling".

I'm seething here.

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 11:15 - Feb 20 with 5806 viewstcblue

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 11:10 - Feb 20 by BlueBadger

Fair dos on the Reef. That song is basically what bad breath sounds like.

I've always been curious about why he wants hands placed on his hole
5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 11:23 - Feb 20 with 5783 viewsartsbossbeard

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 11:07 - Feb 20 by itfcjoe

Reef - Place Your Hands

I'd also add Dancing in the moonlight - Toploader into that heady mix.

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 11:25 - Feb 20 with 5772 viewsBluefish

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 10:51 - Feb 20 by artsbossbeard

The smoking area will be busy

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a on 12:06 - Feb 20 with 5729 viewsDeano69

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 09:34 - Feb 20 by ITFC_Forever

Anything by The Streets

No Jump Around? - nooooooo, its a must have

Fair play on the rest though
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 12:07]

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 12:08 - Feb 20 with 5720 viewsDeano69

Loveshack - shudders

Add the Proclaimers to the list, anything by them

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 12:46 - Feb 20 with 5670 viewsGlasgowBlue

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 11:10 - Feb 20 by Throbbe

I had one couple who wanted five or six songs my Tenacious D. I'm sure it looked great in their heads but no fun for a DJ playing to an empty floor with all the guests glaring at him.

Your DJ was right. Throw a few of their requests in early doors when everyone are still arriving but when the place is full leave it to the professionals who know what fills a floor and what empties one.

Iron Lion Zion

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 13:22 - Feb 20 with 5628 viewsVaughan8

We let our DJ have full control at our wedding disco thingy. However, on the day he was "refusing" to play certain songs and overall it was a bit naff.

We let him cos he did talk the talk before hand, sadly I wish I have requested some songs to guarantee they were there.
5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 14:25 - Feb 20 with 5564 viewsGeoffSentence

Surely it's the DJ's job to play whatever the people paying him want them to play.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 14:35 - Feb 20 with 5551 viewsfooters

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 14:25 - Feb 20 by GeoffSentence

Surely it's the DJ's job to play whatever the people paying him want them to play.

Exactly. If it's just the same old, same old, why not spunk a fiver on a Jive Bunny CD and sod the DJ?

Couldn't get away from Ed Bloody Sheeran on my hols recently so camped out in a bar with a laptop and played an hour-long tribute to Mark E Smith. People didn't like it. Fine. But I've had to listen to Ed Bloody Sheeran for days so why not?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

5x songs you wouldn't allow the DJ to play if you're planning a "do" on 14:37 - Feb 20 with 5546 viewsRadlett_blue

The Birdie Song by The Tweets.
Used to be a staple at 1980s weddings.
Add "Agadoo" or anything by Black Lace to that list.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024