Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... 17:55 - Feb 20 with 5845 viewsSpruceMoose

But, has Corbyn been arrested for being a spy yet?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 17:57 - Feb 20 with 4080 viewsGeoffSentence

Nothing to worry about here, he is officially NOT a spy. His folder began with a 1 not a 4.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 18:12 - Feb 20 with 4055 viewsStokieBlue

Not yet.

Today the Torygraph have gone for a left-field attack whilst they leave spygate on the back boiler:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/19/homeless-man-lionised-jeremy-corbyn-s

Not really sure what their point is on this one. Regardless of the specifics of the case the general sentiment is right.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 18:14 - Feb 20 with 4050 viewschicoazul

The whole thing is ridiculous. Of course he wasn't a spy. You think anyone with his stated Communist/Irish Nat sympathies would have been told or have access to anything worth knowing?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 18:16 - Feb 20 with 4043 viewsSpruceMoose

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 18:12 - Feb 20 by StokieBlue

Not yet.

Today the Torygraph have gone for a left-field attack whilst they leave spygate on the back boiler:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/19/homeless-man-lionised-jeremy-corbyn-s

Not really sure what their point is on this one. Regardless of the specifics of the case the general sentiment is right.

SB

Bit of a cheap shot there. Makes them look rather silly. I always thought the Telegraph was a more serious publication than that, no matter it's political stance.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 18:23 - Feb 20 with 4024 viewsBlueBadger

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 18:14 - Feb 20 by chicoazul

The whole thing is ridiculous. Of course he wasn't a spy. You think anyone with his stated Communist/Irish Nat sympathies would have been told or have access to anything worth knowing?

Particularly given that he was a very minor party figure back in the day as well.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 18:24 - Feb 20 with 4022 viewschicoazul

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 18:23 - Feb 20 by BlueBadger

Particularly given that he was a very minor party figure back in the day as well.

As he was for the whole of his political career until 2015.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 18:24 - Feb 20 with 4022 viewsSpruceMoose

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 18:14 - Feb 20 by chicoazul

But..but..but.. why were a few folks on here making such a it deal about it then?!

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 18:27 - Feb 20 with 4017 viewschicoazul

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 18:24 - Feb 20 by SpruceMoose

But..but..but.. why were a few folks on here making such a it deal about it then?!

It's arguably fair to do so as it makes him look a) like a complete pillock with poor judgement or b) actively working against British interests in the 80s. Or both.

Login to get fewer ads

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 18:28 - Feb 20 with 4016 viewsSpruceMoose

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 18:27 - Feb 20 by chicoazul

It's arguably fair to do so as it makes him look a) like a complete pillock with poor judgement or b) actively working against British interests in the 80s. Or both.

I for one am shocked. Shocked I tell you.

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 18:28 - Feb 20 with 4016 viewsBlueBadger

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 18:24 - Feb 20 by chicoazul

As he was for the whole of his political career until 2015.

...and for a fair chunk of it after 2015 as well, such was his performance.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 18:29]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 18:31 - Feb 20 with 4012 viewsGeoffSentence

The archivist for the Czech authorities was clear that he was not a spy or informer, but simply a person of interest. So far as I can see all they got from him was he didn't think much of the tories.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 18:32 - Feb 20 with 4008 viewsSpruceMoose

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 18:31 - Feb 20 by GeoffSentence

The archivist for the Czech authorities was clear that he was not a spy or informer, but simply a person of interest. So far as I can see all they got from him was he didn't think much of the tories.

I should hope not, seeing as he's now the leader of the Labour Party.

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 20:45 - Feb 20 with 3964 viewsGlasgowBlue

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 18:24 - Feb 20 by SpruceMoose

This seems a fair and balanced view from the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/feb/18/jeremy-corbyn-czech-connec

I'll stick with my first thoughts on the matter. A useful idiot.

Although cuddly Ken hasn't done much to hep Jezza on this issue after being another one named as speaking to a cold war spook.

‘It was very interesting, but it was endless bloody meetings. I think they were just collecting data about what we were all like, and they would have feared we were too left-wing.’

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 00:53 - Feb 21 with 3904 viewsacj

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 20:45 - Feb 20 by GlasgowBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/feb/18/jeremy-corbyn-czech-connec

Although cuddly Ken hasn't done much to hep Jezza on this issue after being another one named as speaking to a cold war spook.

‘It was very interesting, but it was endless bloody meetings. I think they were just collecting data about what we were all like, and they would have feared we were too left-wing.’

Good read that, cheers

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 07:19 - Feb 21 with 3841 viewsBloomBlue

No he moved onto banking, going to kill off the city of London, we don't need it or the money it brings in.
So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 08:39 - Feb 21 with 3809 viewsfloridaboy

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 07:19 - Feb 21 by BloomBlue

No he moved onto banking, going to kill off the city of London, we don't need it or the money it brings in.

Also now threatening to try and control the press if and its a big if he ever gets into number ten!
So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 08:40 - Feb 21 with 3807 viewsGlasgowBlue

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 08:39 - Feb 21 by floridaboy

Also now threatening to try and control the press if and its a big if he ever gets into number ten!

Not that he is allowing his personal feelings to interfere with restricting the freedom of the press.

Iron Lion Zion

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 09:18 - Feb 21 with 3758 viewschicoazul

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 20:45 - Feb 20 by GlasgowBlue

The thing is there is a lot of sympathy for the Soviet Union Empire and Communism amongst the new wave of Labour supporters, Momentum types etc so if anything the idea that the Maximum Leader was "cosying up" to the Czech regime in the 80s as D'ancona puts it will only make them love him more.

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 09:18 - Feb 21 with 3759 viewsBackToRussia

Shockingly not.

Maybe he is a double agent?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 09:23 - Feb 21 with 3750 viewsGlasgowBlue

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 09:18 - Feb 21 by chicoazul

The thing is there is a lot of sympathy for the Soviet Union Empire and Communism amongst the new wave of Labour supporters, Momentum types etc so if anything the idea that the Maximum Leader was "cosying up" to the Czech regime in the 80s as D'ancona puts it will only make them love him more.

If they are going to love him for bringing two IRA bombers into the HOC just a couple of weeks after the Brighton bombing then this will be justification for having their Che poster on the wall.

Iron Lion Zion

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 09:31 - Feb 21 with 3733 viewschicoazul

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 09:23 - Feb 21 by GlasgowBlue

If they are going to love him for bringing two IRA bombers into the HOC just a couple of weeks after the Brighton bombing then this will be justification for having their Che poster on the wall.

Going to be PM in 4 years and rename Parliament the Westminster Soviet.

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 09:33 - Feb 21 with 3722 viewsBluefish

You have to worry about these papers and what they are doing. Making things up about him is daft, they would be far better telling the truth about him. He would be laughed at back to the fringes.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 09:33 - Feb 21 with 3723 viewsGlasgowBlue

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 09:18 - Feb 21 by BackToRussia

Shockingly not.

Maybe he is a double agent?

I don’t think anyone seriously believes Corbyn was a spy. As previously stated, he was a useful idiot at a time when the Soviets were infiltrating the Trades Unions, see Jack Jones, and other left wing organisations like CND with the intention of destabilising the U.K.

There is a Stasi file on Jezza from when he went in a “romantic” trip to East Germany with Diane Abbot. It can only be opened at Jezza’s request. If he is confident he has nothing to hide then why not give his permission fir the details to be realised?

Taking aside that East Germany isn’t the most romantic place to take your bit on the side, it seriously brings into question his moral compass that he was cosying up to the eastern bloc when they were imprisoning dissidents and putting down peaceful demonstrations.

In isolation you could say it was ooor judgement. But add that to IRA support, paid Iran State TV appearances which he has recently lied about, donating money to holocaust deniers, saying antisemitic hate preachers have “a voice that should be heard” and calling Hamas his “friends” and we have a bloke here who is unfit to lead the United Kingdom.

Iron Lion Zion

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 09:44 - Feb 21 with 3696 viewschicoazul

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 09:33 - Feb 21 by Bluefish

You have to worry about these papers and what they are doing. Making things up about him is daft, they would be far better telling the truth about him. He would be laughed at back to the fringes.

It's a fact he met the Czechs, it's a fact he went to East Germany with Abbott. His supporters only love him all the more because of this. Labour has been captured by the Communists, there will be no laughing the likes of Corbyn back to the fringes for a looooong time.

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 09:45 - Feb 21 with 3697 viewsGlasgowBlue

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... on 09:33 - Feb 21 by Bluefish

But what have the papers made up?

Corbyn met with a Chezch spy. There is documentary evidence which has been authenticated. Corbyn has admitted meeting the spy but says he thought he was a diplomat.

Documentary evidence shows that he met the spy on three occasions and that he was given the code name COB. The files also report that he was sympathetic and would be interested in meeting again.

The papers have also reported that the Chezch spy claims Corbyn was given money. I don’t believe this. Corbyn May be many things but he’d have cosied up to these scum bags for free as he did the IRA and Hamas.

The papers have given the Chezch spy a platform and they have given Corbyn a right of reply.

Edit. It’s worth noting that Livingstone has also been named and has verified he had “endless meetings” with Soviet spys but concluded that they “probably thought [we] were too left wing for them”.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 10:29]

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024