Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth 18:49 - Feb 20 with 6448 viewsnewbie

Good to see
Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 19:03 - Feb 20 with 5833 viewsSitfcB

Only because Pitman is injured.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 19:19 - Feb 20 with 5814 viewscrunchie1978

Have it on good info he will sign for prem club in summer window...they came after him in Jan but pompey said no till summer.....have no idea if we have a sell on clause.
Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 19:38 - Feb 20 with 5747 viewsBLUEBEAT

Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 19:19 - Feb 20 by crunchie1978

Have it on good info he will sign for prem club in summer window...they came after him in Jan but pompey said no till summer.....have no idea if we have a sell on clause.

Doubt we would. Wasn’t he the makeweight, rather than additional cash, for Webster?

Poll: W or W

Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 21:29 - Feb 20 with 5658 viewsPhilTWTD

Ray Crawford was telling us he knew of a number of clubs who had come in for him in January on Life's a Pitch at the weekend, fully expected him to be in the Premier League sooner rather than later. Think we have got a sell-on.
Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 21:48 - Feb 20 with 5611 viewsTrequartista

oops that will go down as a worse sale than Jordan Rhodes if Clarke signs for a Premier League club.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 23:23 - Feb 20 with 5525 viewsmonty_radio

Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 21:48 - Feb 20 by Trequartista

oops that will go down as a worse sale than Jordan Rhodes if Clarke signs for a Premier League club.

Pompey ST holder friend told me that they considered way back that they'd got the better of the Webster swap.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

on 23:44 - Feb 20 with 5496 views_

Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 23:23 - Feb 20 by monty_radio

Pompey ST holder friend told me that they considered way back that they'd got the better of the Webster swap.

Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 02:30 - Feb 21 with 5436 viewsCanadianBlue

He'll be signed to get shipped out for the duration of his contract with the hopes that he can develop into a decent back-up defender to meet home-grown player rules.
Login to get fewer ads

Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 09:47 - Feb 21 with 5267 viewsmonty_radio

on 23:44 - Feb 20 by _

Clarke is perhaps a little less confusing as to what type of player you're looking at: we look at Webster and see the calm skill, but still yet, with the defensive mistake in him; they can see Clarke as the out-an-out defender of the cause.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 10:21 - Feb 21 with 5234 viewsHopelessRomantic

on 23:44 - Feb 20 by _

Webster isn't that good, hasn't been for a while. Largely at fault for the Norwich goal.
Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 12:07 - Feb 21 with 5164 viewsNo9

Good for him, hope his progress continues
on 12:10 - Feb 21 with 5153 views_

Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 10:21 - Feb 21 by HopelessRomantic

Webster isn't that good, hasn't been for a while. Largely at fault for the Norwich goal.

Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 13:02 - Feb 21 with 5102 viewsHopelessRomantic

on 12:10 - Feb 21 by _

I'd agree, hope he can improve defensively though as it's his main job.
Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 13:05 - Feb 21 with 5097 viewsBluefish

Nice try but won't even be close. keane will always be the worst thing to ever happen to this club, everything about him was a disaster. Mick will go down as one of the best for recruitment

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 13:13 - Feb 21 with 5073 viewsTheBlueBarca

Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 23:23 - Feb 20 by monty_radio

They did, our back line has been poor and Webster has spent a large amount of time injured. We really needed a strong centre half to replace Berra with.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 13:21 - Feb 21 with 5051 viewsitfcjoe

Really good player - was really disappointing to lose him but assume that was the only way we could jump the queue to bring Webster in.

Webster really needs to get and stay fit, otherwise we will have 'lost' this transfer

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 13:24 - Feb 21 with 5036 viewsfarkenhell

on 12:10 - Feb 21 by _

Was it Webster who was beaten in the air (I haven't the inclination to look at it again)?

My immediate thought was Bart was at fault - should never have come for the ball. Although I switched off when the goal went in (couldn't stomach the in-breds celebrating) and, as I say, I haven't looked at any replay.
on 13:28 - Feb 21 with 5016 views_

Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 13:24 - Feb 21 by farkenhell

Was it Webster who was beaten in the air (I haven't the inclination to look at it again)?

My immediate thought was Bart was at fault - should never have come for the ball. Although I switched off when the goal went in (couldn't stomach the in-breds celebrating) and, as I say, I haven't looked at any replay.

Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 13:29 - Feb 21 with 5009 viewsBlueWharf

Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 13:24 - Feb 21 by farkenhell

Once Bart commmited himself, he would have probably been better off trying to tackle/stop Hanley turning. He actually stops mid run which didn't help his cause.

But, he probably shouldn't have gone in the first place.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 13:31]
Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 13:53 - Feb 21 with 4972 viewsNo9

Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 10:21 - Feb 21 by HopelessRomantic

Webster is another over rated Town player
on 14:06 - Feb 21 with 4939 views_

Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 13:53 - Feb 21 by No9

Webster is another over rated Town player

Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 14:13 - Feb 21 with 4922 viewsNo9

on 14:06 - Feb 21 by _

From my perspective Adam Webster makes far too many mistakes.
Having said that when MM moved him up to sipport Town's less than average midfield he looked better.
I would like to see him have an extended run in midfield but unless Shuse gets another injury that is unlikely to happen.
If Twon had good midfielders the need for a 'ball playing CB' dininishes substantially.
on 14:16 - Feb 21 with 4918 views_

Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 14:13 - Feb 21 by No9

From my perspective Adam Webster makes far too many mistakes.
Having said that when MM moved him up to sipport Town's less than average midfield he looked better.
I would like to see him have an extended run in midfield but unless Shuse gets another injury that is unlikely to happen.
If Twon had good midfielders the need for a 'ball playing CB' dininishes substantially.

Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 14:53 - Feb 21 with 4870 viewsNo9

on 14:16 - Feb 21 by _

Yes & no. But MM's square pegs in round holes makes Towna bit different - in my view
on 14:54 - Feb 21 with 4866 views_

Matt Clarke now captain at Portsmouth on 14:53 - Feb 21 by No9

Yes & no. But MM's square pegs in round holes makes Towna bit different - in my view

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024