Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? 13:30 - Feb 21 with 4711 viewstractordownsouth

I believe he's said that he'll resign if Cardiff win promotion because he has no interest in Premier League management. He'd fit Evans' criteria for sure, and crucially he wouldn't be too fussed about the financial situation, considering he was managing Rotherham a couple of seasons ago.

Wouldn't be against it myself, I quite like the bloke.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:34 - Feb 21 with 3605 viewsITFC_Forever

I personally don't mind him, but he's not a long-term appointment, and Ipswich is a long way from Cornwall (where he lives).

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:35 - Feb 21 with 3603 viewsTractorCam

Imagine that, Colin comes here and takes us up with the return of Feeney and Best to the team. Not sure Mick would appreciate his best bud coming here and taking us up

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:38 - Feb 21 with 3577 viewstractordownsouth

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:34 - Feb 21 by ITFC_Forever

I personally don't mind him, but he's not a long-term appointment, and Ipswich is a long way from Cornwall (where he lives).

Forgot that bit, although it is a crap excuse, If someone gave me the chance of managing town I'd be up there like a shot 😉

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:43 - Feb 21 with 3534 viewsFtnfwest

only if Mick decides to leave
Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:45 - Feb 21 with 3524 viewsNo9

Would be an improvement that's for sure
Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:48 - Feb 21 with 3492 viewsLesta_Tractor

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:45 - Feb 21 by No9

I like Colin but he wouldn't be an improvement on, or all that different to, Mick.

The problem is funding, we'd still play sh*t football if MM was in charge and we had money but we would more than likely be in the top six.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:49 - Feb 21 with 3487 viewsKitman

Blimey, its like being asked if you want to be shot or hanged?

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:50 - Feb 21 with 3488 viewsDyland

I wouldn't have minded him instead of Jewell or McCarthy, but the idea this could be seen as a positive appointment by any McCarthy outers speaks absolute volumes about how blinkered some of the fan base have become.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:50 - Feb 21 with 3480 viewsNo9

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:48 - Feb 21 by Lesta_Tractor

I like Colin but he wouldn't be an improvement on, or all that different to, Mick.

The problem is funding, we'd still play sh*t football if MM was in charge and we had money but we would more than likely be in the top six.

Colin has 7 promotions & going for an 8th
MM has two promotions
Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:50 - Feb 21 with 3479 viewsBlueBadger

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:45 - Feb 21 by No9

He's essentially a like-for-like appointment.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:52 - Feb 21 with 3467 viewsNo9

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:50 - Feb 21 by BlueBadger

For what it's worth, I disagree
Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:54 - Feb 21 with 3450 viewsBlueBadger

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:52 - Feb 21 by No9

For what it's worth, I disagree

Because he's got a different name?

There really is very little different to the two in their approach. Colin is a bit more keen on gamesmanship than Mick and buys more forwards than him, but otherwise in style of football, coaching style and team-building he's very, very similar.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:54 - Feb 21 with 3455 viewsGuthrum

I think he'd do more than a decent job. But it's a bit like-for-like.

For me, the difference between Ipswich and Cardiff currently is more than the manager.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:55 - Feb 21 with 3441 viewsGuthrum

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:50 - Feb 21 by No9

MM has two promotions

He's been around a lot longer and doesn't tend to spend as much time in each job.

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:56 - Feb 21 with 3435 viewsITFCBlues

MM has two promotions

He’d need money, like he’s had at Cardiff

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:57 - Feb 21 with 3428 viewsLesta_Tractor

MM has two promotions

Eddie Howe only has three promotions, is Colin a better manager than him?

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:57 - Feb 21 with 3426 viewsPinewoodblue

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:50 - Feb 21 by BlueBadger

Colin loves playing in cup games. Colin would have walked long ago once he saw he wasn't getting the best out of the squad. He certainly wouldn't explore every opportunity to widen the rift between fans and manager.

Give him a 12 month rolling contract, and, if he doesn't want to manager in the top flight, a 200% bonus for promotion.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:57 - Feb 21 with 3428 viewsNo9

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:54 - Feb 21 by Guthrum

I think he'd do more than a decent job. But it's a bit like-for-like.

For me, the difference between Ipswich and Cardiff currently is more than the manager.

The real difference is that Colin isn't scared of going out and taking the game to the other side then changing if it doesn't work.
MM's m.o. really is more, try to match the other side & hope he comes out on top with NO plan 'B'
Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 14:16 - Feb 21 with 3354 viewsGuthrum

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:57 - Feb 21 by Lesta_Tractor

Eddie Howe only has three promotions, is Colin a better manager than him?

Actually, I might argue he is. Howe has only done it at the one club, where he was already established as a player. Colin has achieved promotion in many different places, under all sorts of circumstances.

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 14:21 - Feb 21 with 3335 viewsGuthrum

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 13:57 - Feb 21 by No9

The real difference is that Colin isn't scared of going out and taking the game to the other side then changing if it doesn't work.
MM's m.o. really is more, try to match the other side & hope he comes out on top with NO plan 'B'

Does McCarthy not put out teams with four forwards on the pitch at once? Who are the reliably game-changing players he can call upon?

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 14:23 - Feb 21 with 3321 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I don’t believe that if he took them up and Cardiff offered him double his salary, he’d say no.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 14:24 - Feb 21 with 3316 viewsLesta_Tractor

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 14:16 - Feb 21 by Guthrum

Actually, I might argue he is. Howe has only done it at the one club, where he was already established as a player. Colin has achieved promotion in many different places, under all sorts of circumstances.

That's a good point.

Has Colin achieved promotion to the PL without spending any cash though?

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 14:25 - Feb 21 with 3310 viewsNo9

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 14:21 - Feb 21 by Guthrum

Does McCarthy not put out teams with four forwards on the pitch at once? Who are the reliably game-changing players he can call upon?

I can't help you because MM seems to have a preference for square pegs in round holes & often has a dysfunctional set of tactics
Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 14:27 - Feb 21 with 3294 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't think I could put up with people calling him Colin *cringe*

I like him though so wouldn't be against it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 14:41 - Feb 21 with 3233 viewsSpruceMoose

Could Colin feasibly be in charge next season? on 14:27 - Feb 21 by J2BLUE

I don't think I could put up with people calling him Colin *cringe*

I like him though so wouldn't be against it.

Get Giggsy in t'end of season I say.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024