Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rommy Report 21:59 - Feb 21 with 5938 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I left early. Only 30 seconds but still.

From seeing the team sheet, I regretted my decision. It was dull. And cold. We weren’t bad. I’ve certainly seen us play worse. But it wasn’t fun.

This will be a very short report. Not just because I didn’t have a hotdog but because there really is nothing to talk about. It was a 0-0 in everything but scoreline. Cardiff were just as boring as we were. Could we have had a penalty at the end? Probably. But who cares? I didn’t even bother appealing. What’s the point?

So there I was with 30 seconds left leaving early and running to make the early train. Which I did. By about 10 seconds I made platform 2. So I’ll be home for 11:15. More importantly before the Chinese shuts.

My lack of anger at the boringness worries me most. A combination of the cold, the boring football, the lack of crowd and the fact my ribs were hurting from standing up that long after Sunday, I found myself clock watching for a lot of that second half.

I’m not angry. I’m not even ‘just dissapointed’. I’m wondering why I bother.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Rommy Report on 23:33 - Feb 21 with 1415 viewsLuk38644

That's the thing that worries me, it's not that people are angry or pissed off, it's just that alot of our fanbase at the moment don't seem to care, myself included.

I have the flu and would usually be gutted I couldn't go tonight, but I wasn't at all, and I can see why people are staying away and doing other things with their time. I won't be joining them in the hope that, next season, we'll see a big shake up at the club.
Rommy Report on 23:39 - Feb 21 with 1388 viewstextbackup

Rommy Report on 22:17 - Feb 21 by pointofblue

I was actually satisified with the performance tonight - it was a damnsight better than the utter mess from the Burton game. We wanted to play football, we had some nice pass and move stuff going on, we didn't hoof it that much and put the side who are sitting second in the table and high on confidence under pressure.

We lacked a severe cutting edge which I guess most of us who saw the line up suspected may happen; we were missing seven creative players due to illness and injury tonight and needed Celina to bring his A game - he was unfortunately probably our worst player. But otherwise it's a step in the right direction; the problem is we'll probably take two steps back again on Saturday.

"we had some nice pass and move stuff going on"

they are professional footballers, all paid thousands a week, with a manager that earns thousands to coach and train them, this is the absolute min I expect to see, so much so it shouldnt even be picked up or noticed

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Rommy Report on 23:43 - Feb 21 with 1379 viewsSomethingBlue

Rommy Report on 23:39 - Feb 21 by textbackup

they are professional footballers, all paid thousands a week, with a manager that earns thousands to coach and train them, this is the absolute min I expect to see, so much so it shouldnt even be picked up or noticed

We were much the better of the two sides tonight, footballing-wise. Which doesn't hide the fact that it was, for many reasons, a thoroughly depressing evening.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Rommy Report on 23:46 - Feb 21 with 1367 viewstextbackup

Rommy Report on 23:43 - Feb 21 by SomethingBlue

We were much the better of the two sides tonight, footballing-wise. Which doesn't hide the fact that it was, for many reasons, a thoroughly depressing evening.

sorry bud but its means absolutely nothing now, it really doesn't. he's going to end up staying on, I can just see it.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Rommy Report on 23:52 - Feb 21 with 1360 viewsLuk38644

Rommy Report on 23:46 - Feb 21 by textbackup

sorry bud but its means absolutely nothing now, it really doesn't. he's going to end up staying on, I can just see it.

If that happens, it's effectively financial suicide by Evans. Ticket sales will go to around 10k per-game.

He can get at least 3k extra fans back to games just by showing some ambition and bringing in a manager who can play decent football.
Rommy Report on 23:57 - Feb 21 with 1347 viewspointofblue

And yet Cardiff didn't really manage it at all and they're second.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Rommy Report on 23:59 - Feb 21 with 1346 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Rommy Report on 23:46 - Feb 21 by textbackup

If he did stay on, I’d have to seriously question renewing as I’ll be at uni by then. The style of football and knowing that we can’t have succes under Evans and his financial input would have me questioning why I should bother when he clearly doesn’t care. If he cared, he’d act and make a change at the top. By either increasing budget or bringing in a young fresh manager.

As it stands, I’ve thought he would go at the end of the year and I’d renew and just travel that bit longer for games.

If it’s mick or a Megson in the hotseat next season, even the most loyal of supporters like myself would have to question if renewing is the sane thing to do.

Rommy Report on 00:08 - Feb 22 with 1329 viewsHarryfromBath

Thanks for a well summed up report, Rommy. It does feel a bit as if the season ended on Sunday.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Login to get fewer ads

Rommy Report on 08:08 - Feb 22 with 1233 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Rommy Report on 00:08 - Feb 22 by HarryfromBath

Thanks for a well summed up report, Rommy. It does feel a bit as if the season ended on Sunday.

It’s gonna be a struggle justifying to myself to pay for the train tickets for games like yesterday

£23.15 yesterday’s train was. The match wasn’t worth 10% of that

Rommy Report on 08:14 - Feb 22 with 1219 viewsBenters2

THIS!
Rommy Report on 09:45 - Feb 22 with 1197 viewsHerbivore

Rommy Report on 23:52 - Feb 21 by Luk38644

If that happens, it's effectively financial suicide by Evans. Ticket sales will go to around 10k per-game.

He can get at least 3k extra fans back to games just by showing some ambition and bringing in a manager who can play decent football.

There is no way a change in manager will instantly add 3k on to the gate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Rommy Report on 19:07 - Feb 22 with 1148 viewsCoastalblue

Rommy Report on 08:08 - Feb 22 by The_Romford_Blue

It’s gonna be a struggle justifying to myself to pay for the train tickets for games like yesterday

£23.15 yesterday’s train was. The match wasn’t worth 10% of that

I don't go that often now to be honest, and not sure how much I will bother between now and the end of the season but there are probably occasions when I can give you a lift back from Ipswich to London, I'm passing on my way back into East London.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Rommy Report on 19:27 - Feb 22 with 1125 viewsLuk38644

Rommy Report on 09:45 - Feb 22 by Herbivore

There is no way a change in manager will instantly add 3k on to the gate.

You'd be surprised I think. Quite a few people are staying away due to Mick and the excitement of a new era after 5 years of the same will bring quite a few back.
Rommy Report on 19:32 - Feb 22 with 1119 viewsHerbivore

Rommy Report on 19:27 - Feb 22 by Luk38644

You'd be surprised I think. Quite a few people are staying away due to Mick and the excitement of a new era after 5 years of the same will bring quite a few back.

Aside from a small bump in Keane's first season a change of manager has never led to an increase in attendances since we've been in this league. There's a vocal minority who reckon they've quit because of Mick and won't come back until he's gone but you can guarantee most of them won't get a season ticket if he leaves, they'll say that they want to see what happens in the summer, then it'll be first 10 games, then it'll be they won't come back whilst ME is at the club. It really won't do much to attendances, 16 years in this league is the biggest reason attendances have declined and until that looks like changing we won't see much of a pick up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024