Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rommy Report 21:59 - Feb 21 with 5948 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I left early. Only 30 seconds but still.

From seeing the team sheet, I regretted my decision. It was dull. And cold. We weren’t bad. I’ve certainly seen us play worse. But it wasn’t fun.

This will be a very short report. Not just because I didn’t have a hotdog but because there really is nothing to talk about. It was a 0-0 in everything but scoreline. Cardiff were just as boring as we were. Could we have had a penalty at the end? Probably. But who cares? I didn’t even bother appealing. What’s the point?

So there I was with 30 seconds left leaving early and running to make the early train. Which I did. By about 10 seconds I made platform 2. So I’ll be home for 11:15. More importantly before the Chinese shuts.

My lack of anger at the boringness worries me most. A combination of the cold, the boring football, the lack of crowd and the fact my ribs were hurting from standing up that long after Sunday, I found myself clock watching for a lot of that second half.

I’m not angry. I’m not even ‘just dissapointed’. I’m wondering why I bother.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Rommy Report on 22:01 - Feb 21 with 4448 viewsblueconscience

Questioning Lord Micks selection and leaving early. I am very worried about you young Rommy.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Rommy Report on 22:03 - Feb 21 with 4376 viewspistonbroke

From seeing the team sheet
Was that Evans fault
Rommy Report on 22:03 - Feb 21 with 4366 viewsBluesquid

What do you think of Evan...sorry, McCarthys team selection tonight?
Rommy Report on 22:04 - Feb 21 with 4347 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Rommy Report on 22:03 - Feb 21 by pistonbroke

From seeing the team sheet
Was that Evans fault

No. That was micks fault.

Though the lack of strength in depth we’ve had for the entire mick era is evans’ fault.

Rommy Report on 22:05 - Feb 21 with 4326 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Rommy Report on 22:03 - Feb 21 by Bluesquid

What do you think of Evan...sorry, McCarthys team selection tonight?

As I said before the game, wtf was sears doing in then starting 11.

Rommy Report on 22:05 - Feb 21 with 4316 viewsstrikalite

Spare ribs tonight Rommy?
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 22:05]
Rommy Report on 22:08 - Feb 21 with 4236 viewsVaughan8

Someone just mentioned to me that we have only scored 2 goals in our last 6 home games and 7 in our last 12 games. If people think that's good then there are problems.

#becarefulwhatyouwishfor

I'm surprised people still turn up for these games. Sounds like we played ok, but that line up is always going to end win nil goals.

Edit. Romford, if you are wondering why you are bothering then we are in trouble. You used to be Mr Positive. These games must be even draining you now!
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 22:11]
Rommy Report on 22:08 - Feb 21 with 4238 viewswitchdoctor

you’re where I was two seasons ago after the Rotherham debacle....difference is I jacked it in after that game...🙄
Login to get fewer ads

Rommy Report on 22:14 - Feb 21 with 4132 viewsNewcyBlue

Rommy Report on 22:08 - Feb 21 by witchdoctor

you’re where I was two seasons ago after the Rotherham debacle....difference is I jacked it in after that game...🙄

I don’t think jacking off will help him feel better to be honest Mate...

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Rommy Report on 22:16 - Feb 21 with 4096 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Rommy Report on 22:08 - Feb 21 by Vaughan8

Someone just mentioned to me that we have only scored 2 goals in our last 6 home games and 7 in our last 12 games. If people think that's good then there are problems.

#becarefulwhatyouwishfor

I'm surprised people still turn up for these games. Sounds like we played ok, but that line up is always going to end win nil goals.

Edit. Romford, if you are wondering why you are bothering then we are in trouble. You used to be Mr Positive. These games must be even draining you now!
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 22:11]

At no point did I ever think we were gonna score.

It was just 90 minutes of cold, miserable, mentally draining boredom.

Rommy Report on 22:17 - Feb 21 with 4085 viewspointofblue

I was actually satisified with the performance tonight - it was a damnsight better than the utter mess from the Burton game. We wanted to play football, we had some nice pass and move stuff going on, we didn't hoof it that much and put the side who are sitting second in the table and high on confidence under pressure.

We lacked a severe cutting edge which I guess most of us who saw the line up suspected may happen; we were missing seven creative players due to illness and injury tonight and needed Celina to bring his A game - he was unfortunately probably our worst player. But otherwise it's a step in the right direction; the problem is we'll probably take two steps back again on Saturday.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Rommy Report on 22:18 - Feb 21 with 4059 viewswitchdoctor

Rommy Report on 22:14 - Feb 21 by NewcyBlue

I don’t think jacking off will help him feel better to be honest Mate...

he he...well at least he’d be in sync with them tha’s in charge...🤪
Rommy Report on 22:18 - Feb 21 with 4054 viewsHerbivore

Then you need to grow a pair, mate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Rommy Report on 22:26 - Feb 21 with 3959 viewsVaughan8

Rommy Report on 22:17 - Feb 21 by pointofblue

I was actually satisified with the performance tonight - it was a damnsight better than the utter mess from the Burton game. We wanted to play football, we had some nice pass and move stuff going on, we didn't hoof it that much and put the side who are sitting second in the table and high on confidence under pressure.

We lacked a severe cutting edge which I guess most of us who saw the line up suspected may happen; we were missing seven creative players due to illness and injury tonight and needed Celina to bring his A game - he was unfortunately probably our worst player. But otherwise it's a step in the right direction; the problem is we'll probably take two steps back again on Saturday.

Some bloke on Facebook has said Celina was the best player.....! Such mixed reports for us lot who stay at home in the warm!
Rommy Report on 22:28 - Feb 21 with 3937 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Whereas I’m doing 11 of the last 13 games Home and away.

I have absolutely no idea why at this moment in time.

Rommy Report on 22:29 - Feb 21 with 3922 viewslongtimefan

Rommy Report on 22:17 - Feb 21 by pointofblue

Yes Celina’s performance tonight really dents the popular opinion that he would have transformed the game Sunday if he had come on as a Sub.
Rommy Report on 22:32 - Feb 21 with 3879 viewspointofblue

Rommy Report on 22:26 - Feb 21 by Vaughan8

Some bloke on Facebook has said Celina was the best player.....! Such mixed reports for us lot who stay at home in the warm!

For me he seriously lacked end product - he ran into cul de sacs, was loose with his passing, the one set piece opportunity he had he shot weakly into the wall. Admittedly the game passed Sears by as well and considering they were two of our three attacking options it's no wonder we were blunt up top.

We missed Garner tonight; someone to mess up the steady play of Cardiff's back four and make a nuisance of themselves. Our best chances came from Ward - otherwise most balls forward were bread and butter to them.

Rommy Report on 22:34 - Feb 21 with 3860 viewsCoastalblue

Rommy Report on 22:28 - Feb 21 by The_Romford_Blue

Whereas I’m doing 11 of the last 13 games Home and away.

I have absolutely no idea why at this moment in time.

I'm home, still bloody cold. I'm not sure I could face that if I'm honest, even if I'd paid in full for every ticket I don't think I could face that.

It wasn't awful tonight, but it did feel like I'd been time warped back to the John Duncan era, that is never a good thing aside from the fact my waist was a lot smaller and hair a lot browner.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Rommy Report on 22:36 - Feb 21 with 3823 viewspointofblue

Rommy Report on 22:29 - Feb 21 by longtimefan

Yes Celina’s performance tonight really dents the popular opinion that he would have transformed the game Sunday if he had come on as a Sub.

Even on Sunday I wasn't one of those wanting Celina to come on - I would have preferred Carayol to be given a run out over him.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 22:48]

Rommy Report on 22:42 - Feb 21 with 3777 viewsPinewoodblue

It just grinds you down Rommy. Trouble is once you stay away it is very difficult to justify making the effort to attend.

Sounds as if the highlight of your evening was catching the earlier train. It surely can't get any worse than that?

You are young enough to keep the faith.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Rommy Report on 22:44 - Feb 21 with 3756 viewsLord_Lucan

You’re not getting enough beaver Romsters.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Rommy Report on 22:47 - Feb 21 with 3720 viewsPinewoodblue

Rommy Report on 22:44 - Feb 21 by Lord_Lucan

Things will look up when he gets to Uni, as long as doesn't admit to being a Town fan.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Rommy Report on 22:49 - Feb 21 with 3685 viewsOsborneOneNil

Rommy Report on 22:44 - Feb 21 by Lord_Lucan

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Brilliant.
Rommy Report on 22:51 - Feb 21 with 3671 viewsSarge

Rommy Report on 22:26 - Feb 21 by Vaughan8

Celina is one of those players people find easy to blame because he actually tries to play football and sometimes it doesn't come off. We've become so used to cloggers that people don't seem to realise that is how real footballers play.

He wasn't the best player, Ward was, but I felt if we were going to score it was going to come via him or Celina.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 22:51]
Rommy Report on 23:00 - Feb 21 with 3611 viewsRadlett_blue

Rommy Report on 22:36 - Feb 21 by pointofblue

Even on Sunday I wasn't one of those wanting Celina to come on - I would have preferred Carayol to be given a run out over him.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 22:48]

Carayol was "ill", apparently.
Please can we start selecting more players who might well be at the club next season?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024