Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Im in a little disbelief 23:43 - Feb 21 with 4447 viewsGarv

That people believe we played well tonight.

Incredible. We never troubled the keeper, maybe Sears was the exception to that first half but even that was blocked before the keeper could save it.

I can't understand what was going through Mick 's head. Every change was late. Bru on 85 minutes, utterly pointless. Waghorn not until 75, far too late. Make the changes on 55-60 minutes and inject some positivity. We never looked like scoring.

Genuinely thought we'd make up for our last home showing tonight, but it was more of very similar.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Im in a little disbelief on 16:06 - Feb 22 with 685 viewsBrixtonBlue

Im in a little disbelief on 14:49 - Feb 22 by Herbivore

He took two corners and made two runs. Not much of a contribution. I like Celina but he, like some of his colleagues, has been poor for most of the last 2-3 months but he seems immune to criticism for some reason.

1. "right wing Celina cross" - i.e. not a corner.

2. You said above, "All I can really remember him doing is giving the ball away constantly" - you're already back tracking on that.

3. These are just the incidents Phil bothered to mention, he was constantly probing and working hard. Are you seriously suggesting he only made 2 runs the entire match?

Like any player, Celina's not immune from criticism... but you appear to be going too far the other way. To describe him as being "poor for most of the last 2-3" is ridiculous IMO.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Im in a little disbelief on 16:15 - Feb 22 with 678 viewslongtimefan

Im in a little disbelief on 16:06 - Feb 22 by BrixtonBlue

2. You said above, "All I can really remember him doing is giving the ball away constantly" - you're already back tracking on that.

3. These are just the incidents Phil bothered to mention, he was constantly probing and working hard. Are you seriously suggesting he only made 2 runs the entire match?

Like any player, Celina's not immune from criticism... but you appear to be going too far the other way. To describe him as being "poor for most of the last 2-3" is ridiculous IMO.

I like Celina but he was poor last night compared to his contributions earlier in the season. I'm sure he was trying his best but his first touch, especially in the first half was terrible for someone as skillful as he is. He also misplaced numerous short passes and was far less impressive than Ward going forward.
Im in a little disbelief on 16:18 - Feb 22 with 670 viewsBrixtonBlue

Im in a little disbelief on 16:15 - Feb 22 by longtimefan

I like Celina but he was poor last night compared to his contributions earlier in the season. I'm sure he was trying his best but his first touch, especially in the first half was terrible for someone as skillful as he is. He also misplaced numerous short passes and was far less impressive than Ward going forward.

I disagree. He was neither poor or terrible. Not as good as he has been, granted, but poor/terrible? Come on!

If he was that bad why did he stay on the entire game?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Im in a little disbelief on 16:26 - Feb 22 with 656 viewslongtimefan

Im in a little disbelief on 16:18 - Feb 22 by BrixtonBlue

I disagree. He was neither poor or terrible. Not as good as he has been, granted, but poor/terrible? Come on!

If he was that bad why did he stay on the entire game?

I'm afraid in my opinion his touch was terrible in the first half. I presume he stayed on because MM knows, like most of us, that he is capable of that piece of magic that will get you a goal out of nothing. Unfortunately it didn't happen last night.
Im in a little disbelief on 16:33 - Feb 22 with 650 viewsHerbivore

Im in a little disbelief on 16:06 - Feb 22 by BrixtonBlue

I think he was poor last night and largely has been for 2-3 months, aside from the Leeds game, and you disagree. Not much more to be said than that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Im in a little disbelief on 16:49 - Feb 22 with 636 viewsBrixtonBlue

Im in a little disbelief on 16:33 - Feb 22 by Herbivore

I think he was poor last night and largely has been for 2-3 months, aside from the Leeds game, and you disagree. Not much more to be said than that.

Indeed.

(Although I provided evidence that he did more than you said he did, which suggests you're being unnecessarily harsh).

Im in a little disbelief on 17:16 - Feb 22 with 622 viewsjas0999

To be clear: I thought it was better than a couple of other games, but the reality is we have fallen so low that a home defeat and failing to score is now an improvement.

We were poor.
Im in a little disbelief on 18:38 - Feb 22 with 603 viewsstantheman

My work colleague (Arsenal supporter) had a ticket from company for this match. His comments were
a) Ward had a good game
b) Defence looked half decent.
c) That blonde striker didn't do a lot.
d) Town looked OK in first half but got snuffed out too easily in second half.
e) Enjoyed the game but Town very lightweight in attack.
Login to get fewer ads

Im in a little disbelief on 18:40 - Feb 22 with 597 viewsHerbivore

Im in a little disbelief on 18:38 - Feb 22 by stantheman

My work colleague (Arsenal supporter) had a ticket from company for this match. His comments were
a) Ward had a good game
b) Defence looked half decent.
c) That blonde striker didn't do a lot.
d) Town looked OK in first half but got snuffed out too easily in second half.
e) Enjoyed the game but Town very lightweight in attack.

Decent summary.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Im in a little disbelief on 18:52 - Feb 22 with 590 viewstiptreeblue

Im in a little disbelief on 23:47 - Feb 21 by SomethingBlue

We ... errr ... didn't have a lot of options available tonight did we? It wasn't a classic, was it, but if people can't see we set out with good intentions then they're just not looking properly. For what it matters, anyway, because the next three months will be painful as hell.

If we never had a lot of options, where was the young Irish striker we have just signed? (by the way, i have forgotten his name already), i thought he was ready for first team football but wasn`t even in the squad?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024