Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McCarthy really is deluded 10:23 - Feb 22 with 2961 viewsIpswich24

He actually thought last night was a good performance, is there anyone else that actually went to game agreeing with him? I thought considering we had 3 midgets up front we continuously played the ball in the air. Sol Bamba probably had his easiest game of the season. Actually felt bit sorry for Sears. MM has completely destroyed him! Cardiff only had to be in 1st gear to beat us which is very disappointing

Poll: Who would you like to be manager out of these?

McCarthy really is deluded on 10:27 - Feb 22 with 2931 viewsGollum

Did not attend the match but agree that MM has messed up Sears.
McCarthy really is deluded on 10:28 - Feb 22 with 2931 viewsBlueBadger

Or, you know, he was spouting a load of bog-standard managerial cliches and you're analysing it like it's the works of Shakespeare.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2018 10:35]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

McCarthy really is deluded on 10:30 - Feb 22 with 2916 viewsBlueBadger

McCarthy really is deluded on 10:27 - Feb 22 by Gollum

...or Sears is essentially a willing but limited League One standard player who was signed when he was enjoying a purple patch ala Kevin Lisbie.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

McCarthy really is deluded on 10:30 - Feb 22 with 2916 viewsSlartibartfast

McCarthy really is deluded on 10:27 - Feb 22 by Gollum

Yes, when he first arrived he was playing central and scoring goals. Played well wide for a while but went downhill.
McCarthy really is deluded on 10:34 - Feb 22 with 2894 viewsBlueBadger

McCarthy really is deluded on 10:30 - Feb 22 by Slartibartfast

Yes, when he first arrived he was playing central and scoring goals. Played well wide for a while but went downhill.

As I said below, it's my suspicion that ultimately, Sears isn't really that good and came to us when he was in the form of his life that ultimately couldn't and hasn't lasted. Granted long spells playing out wide hasn't helped but to my mind, he's a limited but willing player.
Kevin Lisbie with pace and less attitude, if you will.

McCarthy really is deluded on 10:40 - Feb 22 with 2866 viewsHerbivore

We played well first half, not so much second half. In the context of the players unavailable it was a decent performance against a side in the top 3.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

McCarthy really is deluded on 10:42 - Feb 22 with 2858 viewsPinewoodblue

If the players performed exactly as they had been asked to then it was a good performance. Town had the majority of possession and made Cardiff look ordinary.

You have to assume however that we didn't exactly set out to win the game, and that a draw would have been regarded as a good result.

The real problem is what Manager and fans want are poles apart?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

McCarthy really is deluded on 10:44 - Feb 22 with 2844 viewsHerbivore

McCarthy really is deluded on 10:42 - Feb 22 by Pinewoodblue

If the players performed exactly as they had been asked to then it was a good performance. Town had the majority of possession and made Cardiff look ordinary.

You have to assume however that we didn't exactly set out to win the game, and that a draw would have been regarded as a good result.

The real problem is what Manager and fans want are poles apart?

How do you conclude that we set out to draw? We were well on the front foot in the first half and looking to get forward.

Login to get fewer ads

McCarthy really is deluded on 10:47 - Feb 22 with 2824 viewsSomethingBlue

McCarthy really is deluded on 10:44 - Feb 22 by Herbivore

How do you conclude that we set out to draw? We were well on the front foot in the first half and looking to get forward.

So many posters have reduced themselves to talking in tired cliches now — and they think McCarthy is the rigid and unimaginative one.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

McCarthy really is deluded on 10:49 - Feb 22 with 2813 viewsBluefish

McCarthy really is deluded on 10:47 - Feb 22 by SomethingBlue

So many posters have reduced themselves to talking in tired cliches now — and they think McCarthy is the rigid and unimaginative one.

Been like that for sometime. Sadly there is an agenda being pushed and fans are lapping it up. They say it so much it becomes the truth. The list of Mick myths is huge but they get spouted daily without challenge.

Please do not report this as abuse*

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

McCarthy really is deluded on 10:57 - Feb 22 with 2786 viewsPinewoodblue

McCarthy really is deluded on 10:44 - Feb 22 by Herbivore

When did we last have a good first half and step up a gear after the break? We had a good first half agsinst Norwich but we're over run after the break. Scored a goal, against the run of play and threw it away at the end.

With seven defensive players against Cardiff it was clear, especially in the second half, that a bore draw would have been an acceptable result.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

McCarthy really is deluded on 10:58 - Feb 22 with 2782 viewsNazemariner

We weren't too bad when compared to some of our performances this season.

Tactically Mick got it right. The back three coped well with the attacking threat of Cardiff, and Hyam and Skuse were combative in the middle. Sears looked lively, if not particularly threatening in central position. Though it's a mystery to me how he started ahead of Waghorn.

I think Warnock realised he'd been out thought by Mick and decided that sucking the life out of the game was his teams only option. Never have i seen a side take so long about every free kick or throw on. The ref did nothing to stop the constant time wasting.

Replays have not yet emerged, but the goal came from a free kick that shouldn't of been given. Madine was all over CCV for the knock down, and Zohore practically caught the ball before tucking it away. The goal should never of stood.

Cardiff looked average, but credit must go to Mick for the way he set his team out.
McCarthy really is deluded on 10:59 - Feb 22 with 2779 viewsSomethingBlue

McCarthy really is deluded on 10:57 - Feb 22 by Pinewoodblue

When did we last have a good first half and step up a gear after the break? We had a good first half agsinst Norwich but we're over run after the break. Scored a goal, against the run of play and threw it away at the end.

With seven defensive players against Cardiff it was clear, especially in the second half, that a bore draw would have been an acceptable result.

It wasn't clear at all. Watch the game itself rather than worrying yourself about fixed definitions. We tried to win it; in the end we just weren't good enough to.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

McCarthy really is deluded on 11:05 - Feb 22 with 2754 viewsIpswichKnight

McCarthy really is deluded on 10:58 - Feb 22 by Nazemariner

Tactically Mick got it right. The back three coped well with the attacking threat of Cardiff, and Hyam and Skuse were combative in the middle. Sears looked lively, if not particularly threatening in central position. Though it's a mystery to me how he started ahead of Waghorn.

I think Warnock realised he'd been out thought by Mick and decided that sucking the life out of the game was his teams only option. Never have i seen a side take so long about every free kick or throw on. The ref did nothing to stop the constant time wasting.

Replays have not yet emerged, but the goal came from a free kick that shouldn't of been given. Madine was all over CCV for the knock down, and Zohore practically caught the ball before tucking it away. The goal should never of stood.

Cardiff looked average, but credit must go to Mick for the way he set his team out.

Suspect he thought Waghorn would be knackered playing Sunday-Wednesday-Saturday and gave him the rest yesterday. Seems we were plagued by injuries and illness last night with both McGoldrick and Cayol both set to play.

Is it time now to think about playing Morris/Drinnan/Folami in some games?
McCarthy really is deluded on 11:06 - Feb 22 with 2743 viewsNazemariner

Replays have now emerged.

Perhaps CCV was not fouled by Madine, but my god......I didn't realsie Zohores hand ball was so obvious.

Disgraceful refereeing!
McCarthy really is deluded on 11:06 - Feb 22 with 2744 viewslazyblue

Last night was a good performance and against a team looking like they will be in premiership next season.

Qpr Boxing Day was a poor performance, Burton was a poor performance whereas last night town were by far the better team (apart from first 10mins).

It’s too easy for some with an agenda against the club currently to criticise even when it’s not warranted .
McCarthy really is deluded on 11:09 - Feb 22 with 2733 viewsHerbivore

McCarthy really is deluded on 10:57 - Feb 22 by Pinewoodblue

There are two teams involved in a game and at this level they are usually quite evenly matched. That makes it hard to dominate for 90 minutes. It was evident we were trying to win yesterday, I don't see how you can think otherwise, but with no Didz, Garner or Carayol available our attacking options were somewhat limited.

McCarthy really is deluded on 12:31 - Feb 22 with 2618 viewsGarv

With two midget strikers playing lobbed passes and no tactical plan to score a goal?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

McCarthy really is deluded on 12:40 - Feb 22 with 2592 viewsbluehook

McCarthy really is deluded on 10:49 - Feb 22 by Bluefish

Been like that for sometime. Sadly there is an agenda being pushed and fans are lapping it up. They say it so much it becomes the truth. The list of Mick myths is huge but they get spouted daily without challenge.

Please do not report this as abuse*

....but we’ve got you telling the real truth to us though.
Thanks very much for your boring insight.
McCarthy really is deluded on 12:40 - Feb 22 with 2587 viewsnshearman1

McCarthy really is deluded on 11:09 - Feb 22 by Herbivore

There are two teams involved in a game and at this level they are usually quite evenly matched. That makes it hard to dominate for 90 minutes. It was evident we were trying to win yesterday, I don't see how you can think otherwise, but with no Didz, Garner or Carayol available our attacking options were somewhat limited.

Agree with this. Initially I wasn't happy with the team he started, but can see now that he had very limited options with further injuries (surely there has to be an underlying reason for this?). I think he was trying to win the game, but in classic Mick style by soaking up Cardiff pressure and hitting them quickly on the break - hence the picking of Sears because of his pace. Unfortunately we just don't have the quality.
McCarthy really is deluded on 12:51 - Feb 22 with 2535 viewspointofblue

McCarthy really is deluded on 12:31 - Feb 22 by Garv

With two midget strikers playing lobbed passes and no tactical plan to score a goal?

We didn't lob the ball forward that often - it was mainly pass the move up the pitch. The issue was the final third; the final cross or pass was often cleared. Credit to Cardiff, they defended well but I thought it was a decent performance overall; especially when comparing to the nightmares of QPR and Burton.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

McCarthy really is deluded on 12:55 - Feb 22 with 2517 viewsGarv

McCarthy really is deluded on 12:51 - Feb 22 by pointofblue

We didn't lob the ball forward that often - it was mainly pass the move up the pitch. The issue was the final third; the final cross or pass was often cleared. Credit to Cardiff, they defended well but I thought it was a decent performance overall; especially when comparing to the nightmares of QPR and Burton.

It was marginally better than Burton, in my view. Skuse was main culprit of the passes I refer to, its a combination of a lack of movement and lack of quality to find a pass that it just goes forward and up.

You say it was the final ball but how often in that second half did we get into a good position that you felt a goal was likely? I'd say Bru at the end on the left, whose ball wasn't great and it was Skuse on the end of it.

McCarthy really is deluded on 14:29 - Feb 22 with 2391 viewsGarv

McCarthy really is deluded on 10:28 - Feb 22 by BlueBadger

Or, you know, he was spouting a load of bog-standard managerial cliches and you're analysing it like it's the works of Shakespeare.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2018 10:35]

Saying he thought we were 'excellent' is hardly cliché. It suggest he thought we were excellent, which is laughable.

McCarthy really is deluded on 16:01 - Feb 22 with 2318 viewsmadmouse1959

Sadly, our expectations are so low that if we scrape a draw against any team in the top 10 we would then have to listen to the McCarthy spin of how good the performance was and "what a great job i,ve done " etc

shampoo dave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024