Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At what point do the likes of.... 11:09 - Feb 22 with 3709 viewsitfcjoe

....TWTD, EADT and Ipswich Star start demanding answers of Evans?

The club is drifting to nothingness, season ticket renewals will be round imminently and nothing is happening.

Even the 5 point plan last year gave us a bit of hope of the direction - but we have had nothing this season and it might already be too late.

Feels like Evans thinks once we drop out of contention, he can effectively mothball the club and everyone will be back in 6 months raring to go for the new season.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:15 - Feb 22 with 2669 viewsSomethingBlue

Good point. It surely has to start happening. Even in the cold light of day I think last night, completely ignoring the performance itself, worried me more than at any time in the last 20 years.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:16 - Feb 22 with 2664 viewsBluefish

I expect better from you. Evans isn't doing this for fun, he isn't holding off a plan in his pocket. He is desperately hoping for a buyer. What on earth would a protest do? What would an interview change? He is not going to chuck more money at a failure so he sits and waits and hopes. It baffles me that people demand answers from Evans, it is a mess and he wants out. As i have said the alternative is close us down and the more unattractive this club becomes, the more likely it could happen. Divided fans and bad atmosphere doesn't make changes closer, it makes extinction closer.

Please do not report my post as abuse*

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:21 - Feb 22 with 2630 viewsITFCBlues

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:16 - Feb 22 by Bluefish

I expect better from you. Evans isn't doing this for fun, he isn't holding off a plan in his pocket. He is desperately hoping for a buyer. What on earth would a protest do? What would an interview change? He is not going to chuck more money at a failure so he sits and waits and hopes. It baffles me that people demand answers from Evans, it is a mess and he wants out. As i have said the alternative is close us down and the more unattractive this club becomes, the more likely it could happen. Divided fans and bad atmosphere doesn't make changes closer, it makes extinction closer.

Agree - the manager situation aside, what do you want answers to?

We should know what’s happening with Mick that’s for sure. But Evans is keeping the club afloat at present. Yes he doesn’t want to pump more money in which is understandable. But what’s the alternative? I can’t believe there is a long extensive list of potential buyers waiting in the wings to pump fortunes into the club?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:25 - Feb 22 with 2598 viewsBluefish

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:21 - Feb 22 by ITFCBlues

Agree - the manager situation aside, what do you want answers to?

We should know what’s happening with Mick that’s for sure. But Evans is keeping the club afloat at present. Yes he doesn’t want to pump more money in which is understandable. But what’s the alternative? I can’t believe there is a long extensive list of potential buyers waiting in the wings to pump fortunes into the club?

I think Mick is definitely going but i wonder if a buyer is waiting as well for the summer. Regardless if they are he is hardly going to announce it before they are ready.

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:26 - Feb 22 with 2591 viewsLankHenners

Thing is though, the 5 point plan was quickly jumped on and ridiculed by masochists (of which we seem to have a large amount of) who turned it into a stick to beat the club with.

I do agree with the general point that we seem rudderless and in need of some direction or at least some hope that things might not stay so crap forever, and that'll need to come through Evans' actions rather than his words.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:28 - Feb 22 with 2571 viewsNo9

Joe, Mr Evans has an MD to take care of the commercial side of the business.
He has MM to take care of the football side of the business.
It looks like Town have circa 150 full time & 30 part tiem employees.
Mr Evans has a right to think those he pays to look after his investment are doing so.

The fact he never even addresses the shareholders suggest he beleive his affairs are being maanged properly.

We disagree
At what point do the likes of.... on 11:29 - Feb 22 with 2571 viewsmarcus1642

The local press have quite regularly asked for answers to the long term plan of ITFC and Evans.

Both the local press and the fans, were fobbed off with Ian Milne and the five point plan, which posed more questions than answers.
At what point do the likes of.... on 11:33 - Feb 22 with 2537 viewshype313

To be fair, I think Phil, Stuart and others have repeatedly tried to gain some access to Evans over the years to interview him and he flatly refuses.

Don't know what more they can do, essentially Mick is being paid handsomely t take the heat for Marcus.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:34 - Feb 22 with 2519 viewsNo9

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:33 - Feb 22 by hype313

To be fair, I think Phil, Stuart and others have repeatedly tried to gain some access to Evans over the years to interview him and he flatly refuses.

Don't know what more they can do, essentially Mick is being paid handsomely t take the heat for Marcus.

As I posted - it's what Milne & McCarthy are paid to do
At what point do the likes of.... on 11:36 - Feb 22 with 2508 viewsartsbossbeard

Anyone remember the Evening Star's MAGILTON OUT front page headline?

I've not purchased a copy of it since that day and my letter to Nigel Pickover complaining over the papers stance was printed (although I never saw it, of course).

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:37 - Feb 22 with 2484 viewscarlisleaway

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:29 - Feb 22 by marcus1642

The local press have quite regularly asked for answers to the long term plan of ITFC and Evans.

Both the local press and the fans, were fobbed off with Ian Milne and the five point plan, which posed more questions than answers.

I have asked this question before, who is more important the fans or rumbling along as we are with long term supporters leaving in there droves. Where I sat last night there were huge gaps of season ticket holders who did not attend last nights game.
We need entertainment and McCarthy is certainly not helping and it seems Evans is quite content with a mid table position. Time for him to speak out before the renewals are sent out.
At what point do the likes of.... on 11:39 - Feb 22 with 2460 viewsSlartibartfast

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:36 - Feb 22 by artsbossbeard

I've not purchased a copy of it since that day and my letter to Nigel Pickover complaining over the papers stance was printed (although I never saw it, of course).

JM should have been given longer IMO.
At what point do the likes of.... on 11:40 - Feb 22 with 2449 viewschicoazul

They can demand what they like and so can we all. He won't listen.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:40 - Feb 22 with 2443 viewsITFC_Forever

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:26 - Feb 22 by LankHenners

Thing is though, the 5 point plan was quickly jumped on and ridiculed by masochists (of which we seem to have a large amount of) who turned it into a stick to beat the club with.

I do agree with the general point that we seem rudderless and in need of some direction or at least some hope that things might not stay so crap forever, and that'll need to come through Evans' actions rather than his words.

Because the 5 point plan was a load of sound-bites cobbled together on the back of a fag packet that they hoped everyone would forget about pretty quickly.

ME didn't mean a word of it.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:42 - Feb 22 with 2427 viewsBluefish

Likewise I have never bought any local papers since then. Sometimes it would makes sense to buy one of bags outside the ground with a paper and chocolate bar etc but in. I also wrote a letter but to terry hunt

[Post edited 22 Feb 2018 11:43]

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:43 - Feb 22 with 2401 viewsBluefish

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:40 - Feb 22 by ITFC_Forever

Because the 5 point plan was a load of sound-bites cobbled together on the back of a fag packet that they hoped everyone would forget about pretty quickly.

People demanded something so he gave them something

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:44 - Feb 22 with 2398 viewsLankHenners

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:40 - Feb 22 by ITFC_Forever

And if he spoke out now, the general tone and message would be completely different?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:46 - Feb 22 with 2383 viewsitfcjoe

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:33 - Feb 22 by hype313

I’m far from suggesting hounding him out, but this illustrates that the press is apathetic as the fan base.

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:48 - Feb 22 with 2347 viewsITFC_Forever

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:43 - Feb 22 by Bluefish

People demanded something so he gave them something

A load of empty words don't amount to much.

The whole "ME is invisible" thing doesn't bother me particularly, actions speak louder than words and that's the bit that's not happening - a load of empty promises doesn't make any difference.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:49 - Feb 22 with 2337 viewsElderGrizzly

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:46 - Feb 22 by itfcjoe

I’m far from suggesting hounding him out, but this illustrates that the press is apathetic as the fan base.

No need for the extra “a” in there Joe
At what point do the likes of.... on 11:50 - Feb 22 with 2326 viewsReuser_is_God

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:48 - Feb 22 by ITFC_Forever

A load of empty words don't amount to much.

The whole "ME is invisible" thing doesn't bother me particularly, actions speak louder than words and that's the bit that's not happening - a load of empty promises doesn't make any difference.

& a load of empty seats.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:55 - Feb 22 with 2282 viewsBackToRussia

Absolutely.

Town fans would rather turn on each other than the man responsible.

It's craziness. If nothing changes you're going to get to a point where the fan base itself is as fractured as the club.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:57 - Feb 22 with 2271 viewsitfcjoe

I think there is a difference between what was a personal campaign representing what wasn’t a large percentage of the fan base against an employee effectively, opposed to trying to get answers as to the owners viduon of the future and what he is looking to do to stop the rot, which could become terminal

At what point do the likes of.... on 12:01 - Feb 22 with 2237 viewsartsbossbeard

At what point do the likes of.... on 11:57 - Feb 22 by itfcjoe

I think there is a difference between what was a personal campaign representing what wasn’t a large percentage of the fan base against an employee effectively, opposed to trying to get answers as to the owners viduon of the future and what he is looking to do to stop the rot, which could become terminal

I've not articulated myself too well on this.

I know that the decision to run with that headline was far from popular at EADT Towers (I had emails from staff members telling me so), so I'm wondering if the backlash from this has an effect on how far they want to push things now.

Different causes, yes. Same establishment, yes.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

At what point do the likes of.... on 12:04 - Feb 22 with 2191 viewsStadiumofdark

We just need someone (12th Man?) to knock one of these up

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/thousands-of-sunder
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024