Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
utterly fascinating story on the top of the beeb right now 11:59 - Feb 22 with 1458 viewsgiant_stow

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-42951788

Haven't read it all - saving it for later it so nutso. bonkers.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

utterly fascinating story on the top of the beeb right now on 12:10 - Feb 22 with 1413 viewsSteve_M

That's utter weird, cheers for posting it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

utterly fascinating story on the top of the beeb right now on 12:34 - Feb 22 with 1354 viewsBrixtonBlue

Fascinating story.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

utterly fascinating story on the top of the beeb right now on 13:07 - Feb 22 with 1273 viewsRyorry

Raises a particularly interesting question I think - for me it was all coming across as another distressing case of abusive controlling behaviour (coercive control now a recognised crime in the UK). However, that Stan was at the end of the article described as mentally ill with delusional disorder, in itself raises the issue of how far coercive control is just another indication of mental illness? and sentences therefore mitigated (or morphed into treatment plans) accordingly.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

utterly fascinating story on the top of the beeb right now on 13:16 - Feb 22 with 1235 viewsChiefXL

wait, who was involved with the mob, the husband or the minister?

*edit - I haven't read all of the article ffs
[Post edited 22 Feb 2018 13:17]
utterly fascinating story on the top of the beeb right now on 13:16 - Feb 22 with 1232 viewsfabian_illness

Interesting read.

Also found this article at the end of the page:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-39849458

There wasn't a single person in Felixstowe not talking about it.
utterly fascinating story on the top of the beeb right now on 13:41 - Feb 22 with 1188 viewsJ2BLUE

Horrible story. From the outside reading that article it was clear as soon as she was told that it was BS. The mafia clearly wouldn't operate like that. I feel for her though. Especially as it seemed to put all the pieces together for her.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

utterly fascinating story on the top of the beeb right now on 14:17 - Feb 22 with 1125 viewsfarkenhell

Oy - go away. You're not allowed back yet. It's too soon - we're still suffering!
utterly fascinating story on the top of the beeb right now on 14:53 - Feb 22 with 1074 viewsGuthrum

utterly fascinating story on the top of the beeb right now on 13:41 - Feb 22 by J2BLUE

Horrible story. From the outside reading that article it was clear as soon as she was told that it was BS. The mafia clearly wouldn't operate like that. I feel for her though. Especially as it seemed to put all the pieces together for her.

Problem is, if you don't know that for certain (this having happened well before internet research was possible), then someone you really trust assures you it is the case, it is quite hard to resist.

Even today, unless you're actually involved, you don't know how the Mafia (or any other secretive organisation) operates, you just have an impression based on which sources you've consumed and choose to believe. That's how films and TV dramas can get away with wild inaccuracies in their portrayals.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

utterly fascinating story on the top of the beeb right now on 15:22 - Feb 22 with 1026 viewsJ2BLUE

utterly fascinating story on the top of the beeb right now on 14:53 - Feb 22 by Guthrum

Problem is, if you don't know that for certain (this having happened well before internet research was possible), then someone you really trust assures you it is the case, it is quite hard to resist.

Even today, unless you're actually involved, you don't know how the Mafia (or any other secretive organisation) operates, you just have an impression based on which sources you've consumed and choose to believe. That's how films and TV dramas can get away with wild inaccuracies in their portrayals.

Very interesting point about the internet.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

utterly fascinating story on the top of the beeb right now on 15:38 - Feb 22 with 1001 viewsITFC_Forever

And now here's Fast Eddie....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-39849458

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024