Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland 16:06 - Feb 22 with 2510 viewsNo9

News on the radio this afternoon Ellis Short, Sunderland owner is ready to give the club away to anyone who will take the debts as well.

Sunderland on 16:09 - Feb 22 with 2442 viewsgiant_stow

He's dreaming innit?! If they owe at a total guess £100m, then that's a bludy high price for a club about to go down to league 1.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Sunderland on 16:15 - Feb 22 with 2379 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sunderland on 16:09 - Feb 22 by giant_stow

He's dreaming innit?! If they owe at a total guess £100m, then that's a bludy high price for a club about to go down to league 1.

Simon Jordan was on TalkSport yesterday talking about this. He said that no potential owner is interested in a club that will most likely be playing in the third tier next season with a squad on massive wages.

He reckons most investors aren't interested unless clubs are challenging for the play offs.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sunderland on 16:20 - Feb 22 with 2329 viewsgiant_stow

Sunderland on 16:15 - Feb 22 by GlasgowBlue

Simon Jordan was on TalkSport yesterday talking about this. He said that no potential owner is interested in a club that will most likely be playing in the third tier next season with a squad on massive wages.

He reckons most investors aren't interested unless clubs are challenging for the play offs.

That's far more believable, not that I know anything about valuing football clubs or businesses.

I would have thought the only possible buyers of Sunderland would be a fans grouping of some sort and they'd need / want all the debt written off, no? Otherwise, they'd be on a hiding to nothing.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Sunderland on 16:28 - Feb 22 with 2270 viewsNo9

Sunderland on 16:09 - Feb 22 by giant_stow

I think the debt they mentioned is circa £130 Mn

How many others are in a similar position?

Are we looking at a potential end for some famous clubs?
Sunderland on 17:16 - Feb 22 with 2077 viewsRadlett_blue

Sunderland on 16:28 - Feb 22 by No9

Well, Short has stopped putting much money in but if he wants out of Sunderland he's going to have to write off all the debt & accept a lot less than £50m, especially if they go down.
Like many new owners of English football clubs, I wondered about his motivation to buy Sunderland (as I wondered about Evans's to buy Town) & I do remember predicting that Short would lose money.
Unless you can find a "bigger fool" to sell the club on to, owning a football club is a mug's game.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Sunderland on 19:14 - Feb 22 with 1817 viewsNo9

Sunderland on 17:16 - Feb 22 by Radlett_blue

Well, Short has stopped putting much money in but if he wants out of Sunderland he's going to have to write off all the debt & accept a lot less than £50m, especially if they go down.
Like many new owners of English football clubs, I wondered about his motivation to buy Sunderland (as I wondered about Evans's to buy Town) & I do remember predicting that Short would lose money.
Unless you can find a "bigger fool" to sell the club on to, owning a football club is a mug's game.

I agree and think we may be entering a new phase of English football.
Sunderland on 21:37 - Feb 22 with 1650 viewsWicklowBlue

Sunderland on 17:16 - Feb 22 by Radlett_blue

Sounds strangely familiar......
Sunderland on 22:21 - Feb 22 with 1550 viewsBloomBlue

Sunderland on 19:14 - Feb 22 by No9

I agree and think we may be entering a new phase of English football.

A lot of clubs will close, that was always going to happen when all the money was flooding in from companies like Sky and BT it isn't going to be sustainable. The annoying thing is football fans could stop it by all cancelling their subscription to Sky and BT
Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland on 00:46 - Feb 23 with 1439 viewsElderGrizzly

Think Swiss Ramble said they had lost £200m during their time in the PL. Quite impressive given the money up there
Sunderland on 09:24 - Feb 23 with 1262 viewsFinidiCentenary

It's the perfect time for Evans to make an announcement then.

If anyone is seriously looking to take a club £130m in debt losing £2m more a month, I'm sure they'd be more interested in a better placed club £90m in debt losing £500k a month.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

Sunderland on 09:31 - Feb 23 with 1247 viewsMJallday

no business can sustain losses of the amounts being talked about - us, sunderland, doenst matter.

the time is running out - and i reacon within the next 10 years youll see a fair few clubs go by the wayside.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024