Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Ambition = Bored Fans 18:56 - Feb 22 with 4847 viewsTrequartista

Almost 2 years ago that banner now. Funny how most of those who sneered at and mocked "banner boy" now seem to be finally drawing the same conclusions.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2018 18:56]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 20:46 - Feb 22 with 1660 viewsSpruceMoose

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 19:20 - Feb 22 by unbelievablue

Grown men taking banners to games deserve a sneer and a royal mocking.

They deserve an unmarked grave in the PIne Barrens.

(Sorry, rewatching The Sopranos at the moment.)

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 20:48 - Feb 22 with 1653 viewsSpruceMoose

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 20:12 - Feb 22 by unbelievablue

I for one am glad we're neither Leeds nor West Ham.

This next generation of fan we have coming along is just facepalm after facepalm.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 20:48 - Feb 22 with 1655 viewsrgp1

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 20:43 - Feb 22 by Herbivore

No. Where on earth have you plucked that from? Nobody views us as a basket case club because we aren't a basket case club.

Many clubs like Sunderland or Leeds have been in a general malaise for many years. What i said was or to rephrase that we could end up being a basket case club unless things improve.
No Ambition = Bored Fans on 20:50 - Feb 22 with 1649 viewsHerbivore

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 20:48 - Feb 22 by rgp1

Many clubs like Sunderland or Leeds have been in a general malaise for many years. What i said was or to rephrase that we could end up being a basket case club unless things improve.

You suggested we're earning a reputation as a basket case club, which clearly we aren't. Nobody sees us that way, we aren't a basket case club in the slightest.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 20:52 - Feb 22 with 1643 viewsrgp1

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 20:43 - Feb 22 by Herbivore

No. Where on earth have you plucked that from? Nobody views us as a basket case club because we aren't a basket case club.

Many clubs like Sunderland and Leeds have been in a general malaise for a number of years, the danger is we could end up being classed as a basket case club, after all Leeds demise has mirrored ours to some extent, its just that their fans won't tolerate what we put up with.
No Ambition = Bored Fans on 20:52 - Feb 22 with 1641 viewsSpruceMoose

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 20:52 - Feb 22 by rgp1

Many clubs like Sunderland and Leeds have been in a general malaise for a number of years, the danger is we could end up being classed as a basket case club, after all Leeds demise has mirrored ours to some extent, its just that their fans won't tolerate what we put up with.

Haven't Leeds had about 25 managers in 3 years? The fans there sure do know what's best, seemingly.

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 20:56 - Feb 22 with 1637 viewsHerbivore

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 20:52 - Feb 22 by rgp1

You've lost me. Re-read what you posted. You said aren't we earning a reputation as a basket case club. We aren't, not even close, mainly because we aren't a basket case club. You're throwing Leeds into the mix now for some reason, they had a very dodgy owner who seemed to dabble in the football side of things, was a crook and changed his manager as often as his underwear. They aren't really comparable to us in any way.

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 20:59 - Feb 22 with 1625 viewsrgp1

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 20:52 - Feb 22 by SpruceMoose

Haven't Leeds had about 25 managers in 3 years? The fans there sure do know what's best, seemingly.

Leeds are no better or worse off than us. Thats my point.
Login to get fewer ads

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 21:03 - Feb 22 with 1616 viewsHerbivore

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 20:59 - Feb 22 by rgp1

Leeds are no better or worse off than us. Thats my point.

What's your understanding of what is meant by a basket case club? That might help to clear up some of the confusion.

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 21:08 - Feb 22 with 1609 viewspointofblue

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 21:03 - Feb 22 by Herbivore

What's your understanding of what is meant by a basket case club? That might help to clear up some of the confusion.

From the outside I highly doubt we're seen as a basket club. We keep ourselves to ourselves, the board doesn't interfere with the manager, the manager doesn't moan about the financial situation. We, the fans, may be seen as turning on the club but reaction wise it's nowhere near the extent of other fanbases when they get upset. We're a midtable plodding side but not a basket case.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 21:11 - Feb 22 with 1606 viewsHerbivore

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 21:08 - Feb 22 by pointofblue

From the outside I highly doubt we're seen as a basket club. We keep ourselves to ourselves, the board doesn't interfere with the manager, the manager doesn't moan about the financial situation. We, the fans, may be seen as turning on the club but reaction wise it's nowhere near the extent of other fanbases when they get upset. We're a midtable plodding side but not a basket case.

Yep, agreed. If anything our fans seem to want us to be more of a basket case club, we're almost too stable and safe to the point of boredom. For all ME's faults he has provided stability, both financially and in giving his managers a chance. We've also, under MM at least, had a lot of stability in the squad by and large. People want more change and a bit of a gamble.

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 21:19 - Feb 22 with 1598 viewsrgp1

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 21:03 - Feb 22 by Herbivore

The general assumption is that clubs that change their managers like underwear are basket case clubs. We seem to laud the fact that we've had 3 managers in the last 150 years, it ain't got us anywhere has it. But if our reputation is so good then why are our crowds falling week on week and whats left of our fan base is so deeply divided.
No Ambition = Bored Fans on 21:28 - Feb 22 with 1588 viewsHerbivore

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 21:19 - Feb 22 by rgp1

The general assumption is that clubs that change their managers like underwear are basket case clubs. We seem to laud the fact that we've had 3 managers in the last 150 years, it ain't got us anywhere has it. But if our reputation is so good then why are our crowds falling week on week and whats left of our fan base is so deeply divided.

Because our fans are a bit bored. We're not a basket case club though, not remotely.

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 21:34 - Feb 22 with 1574 viewsrgp1

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 21:11 - Feb 22 by Herbivore

Yep, agreed. If anything our fans seem to want us to be more of a basket case club, we're almost too stable and safe to the point of boredom. For all ME's faults he has provided stability, both financially and in giving his managers a chance. We've also, under MM at least, had a lot of stability in the squad by and large. People want more change and a bit of a gamble.

I know its a lively debate but i take my hat off to you, well put.
No Ambition = Bored Fans on 21:51 - Feb 22 with 1553 viewsstantheman

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 20:17 - Feb 22 by rgp1

Yes but aren't we gaining a reputation for becoming a basket case club

No, thats just the fans.
No Ambition = Bored Fans on 06:46 - Feb 23 with 1479 viewsJohnny_Boy

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 20:00 - Feb 22 by Bluefish

Banner boy and statman are more interested in themselves than the club. They post disgraceful rubbish to collect likes and it has been responsible in turning the armchair fans against the club. The swell of that has then leaked to other fans and created rifts. Football doesn't need self centred attention whores that put likes and followers before the club.

Please do not report my post as abuse*

I disagree. iFollow was responsible for turning armchair fans away from the club.
They were able to see how disagreeable the football being served-up was for themselves.
No Ambition = Bored Fans on 06:54 - Feb 23 with 1471 viewsBenters2

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 06:46 - Feb 23 by Johnny_Boy

I disagree. iFollow was responsible for turning armchair fans away from the club.
They were able to see how disagreeable the football being served-up was for themselves.

Sad times ba.
No Ambition = Bored Fans on 07:02 - Feb 23 with 1470 viewschristiand

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 06:46 - Feb 23 by Johnny_Boy

I think if you have 'eyes' and a semblance of footballing nous you'd see that the football being served up - and has been for a while - is of a poor standard, however you try to dress it up. Not really a surprise that the club's attendances appear to be dwindling.

We are certainly not a basket case, but we certainly are a club that just treads water and that now appears to be the level of our ambition. Change is desperately needed otherwise avoiding relegation to league 1 season on season will become our aim!
[Post edited 23 Feb 2018 7:16]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 07:55 - Feb 23 with 1435 viewsbluehook

No Ambition = Bored Fans on 20:00 - Feb 22 by Bluefish

Banner boy and statman are more interested in themselves than the club. They post disgraceful rubbish to collect likes and it has been responsible in turning the armchair fans against the club. The swell of that has then leaked to other fans and created rifts. Football doesn't need self centred attention whores that put likes and followers before the club.

Please do not report my post as abuse*

Thank you Mrs Evans, now go and lie down again.
No Ambition = Bored Fans on 15:58 - Feb 23 with 1366 viewsmaccyd9

The responses could not have been more obvious on this thread.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2018 16:04]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024