Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? 22:29 - Feb 22 with 2454 viewsRenegade_Statman

He's playing four shows in London. The Palladium, Ally Pally, Brixton Academy and Royal Albert Hall.

When you sleep I will creep into your thoughts, like a bad debt that you can't pay

Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 22:39 - Feb 22 with 2426 viewsjasondozzell

Yep, got tickets for Brixton and the Ally. Will be 12 and 13th time seeing him - still the best, even if he's his own worst enemy sometimes. Noticed you're a big fan from your Twitter! What do you make of the new album?
Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 22:42 - Feb 22 with 2416 viewsRenegade_Statman

Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 22:39 - Feb 22 by jasondozzell

Yep, got tickets for Brixton and the Ally. Will be 12 and 13th time seeing him - still the best, even if he's his own worst enemy sometimes. Noticed you're a big fan from your Twitter! What do you make of the new album?

Some great tracks on the album, I really like 'Who will protect us from the police? But I'm looking forward to hearing his older stuff. Speedway, Jack the Ripper etc.

When you sleep I will creep into your thoughts, like a bad debt that you can't pay

Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 22:49 - Feb 22 with 2403 viewsjasondozzell

Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 22:42 - Feb 22 by Renegade_Statman

Some great tracks on the album, I really like 'Who will protect us from the police? But I'm looking forward to hearing his older stuff. Speedway, Jack the Ripper etc.

Like that too - think STDIB and HIAQM also great. And the opener has a real 'you're gonna need someone on your Side' feel to it too! Looking forward to speedway too. Was great in Manchester couple of years ago. His setlist could do with a bit of a shake up though I think, though I like the fact he slips b sides in. Would love to hear never played symphonies.
Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 22:53 - Feb 22 with 2395 viewsRenegade_Statman

Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 22:49 - Feb 22 by jasondozzell

Like that too - think STDIB and HIAQM also great. And the opener has a real 'you're gonna need someone on your Side' feel to it too! Looking forward to speedway too. Was great in Manchester couple of years ago. His setlist could do with a bit of a shake up though I think, though I like the fact he slips b sides in. Would love to hear never played symphonies.

True, love HIAQM. I tweeted earlier the setlist for his three shows so far.

Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 22:59 - Feb 22 with 2385 viewsjasondozzell

Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 22:53 - Feb 22 by Renegade_Statman

True, love HIAQM. I tweeted earlier the setlist for his three shows so far.

Will have a look - cheers! And thanks for podcasts - really enjoy them.
Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 00:09 - Feb 23 with 2367 viewsPlums

I love his music but drove literally halfway across the country to see him play about 50 mins. Never again.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

on 00:11 - Feb 23 with 2358 views_

Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 00:09 - Feb 23 by Plums

I love his music but drove literally halfway across the country to see him play about 50 mins. Never again.

Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 00:52 - Feb 23 with 2337 viewsGuthrum

on 00:11 - Feb 23 by _

What?? Hour and a half, plus encores. Then a second track as well.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

on 01:07 - Feb 23 with 2320 views_

Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 00:52 - Feb 23 by Guthrum

What?? Hour and a half, plus encores. Then a second track as well.

Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 09:31 - Feb 23 with 2214 viewsGuthrum

on 01:07 - Feb 23 by _

One of the best gigs I've ever been to. Small venue, about an hour after the place should have closed, ubteenth encore (not that they bothered going off and on again), guest musicians and members of the audience on stage, absolutely wild jamming, place was still bouncing. Staggered out exhausted but very happy afterwards.

on 09:32 - Feb 23 with 2205 views_

Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 09:31 - Feb 23 by Guthrum

One of the best gigs I've ever been to. Small venue, about an hour after the place should have closed, ubteenth encore (not that they bothered going off and on again), guest musicians and members of the audience on stage, absolutely wild jamming, place was still bouncing. Staggered out exhausted but very happy afterwards.

Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 09:33 - Feb 23 with 2209 viewsITFC_Forever

If I went to see a band and they didn't do 90 minutes (or near enough), I would feel short-changed and want my money back.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 09:35 - Feb 23 with 2207 viewsGuthrum

on 09:32 - Feb 23 by _

As long as it doesn't stray into tedious self-indulgence (a.k.a. endless widdly widdly stuff), I don't mind seeing new music created/improvised on stage by skilled musicians.

Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 09:40 - Feb 23 with 2192 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 09:33 - Feb 23 by ITFC_Forever

If I went to see a band and they didn't do 90 minutes (or near enough), I would feel short-changed and want my money back.

Especially a legacy act. If you go to see McCartney or Springsteen then you would expect a two and a half hour gig. When I last saw Springsteen he did 3 hours.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

on 09:41 - Feb 23 with 2185 views_

Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 09:40 - Feb 23 by GlasgowBlue

Especially a legacy act. If you go to see McCartney or Springsteen then you would expect a two and a half hour gig. When I last saw Springsteen he did 3 hours.

Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 09:46 - Feb 23 with 2179 viewsdickie

I've seen him about eight times I think and he's always been excellent (never had a no show and always played a decent length set). Sadly this tour I didn't get tickets as we're short of babysitting options and skint due to baby number two on the way (the price of parenthood!)
Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 09:53 - Feb 23 with 2168 viewsITFC_Forever

I've seen the Levellers a couple of times in the last couple of years, as well as the likes of Level 42, Billy Ocean (both through my brother's line of work) and they were all on for 90 minutes plus and seemed to be enjoying it as much as the audience - the Levellers especially were brilliant.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 10:07 - Feb 23 with 2157 viewstcblue

I can't help but feel that's due to the band you saw - all their songs sound the same
on 10:29 - Feb 23 with 2137 views_

Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 10:07 - Feb 23 by tcblue

I can't help but feel that's due to the band you saw - all their songs sound the same

Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 10:55 - Feb 23 with 2128 viewsRadlett_blue

McCartney - please!
I couldn't put up with more than a couple of songs of him croaking. Frog Chorus, anyone?
Without disrespecting his past achievements, someone should quietly have a word & suggest that he doesn't sing in public again.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 07:45 - Feb 24 with 2021 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Apparently Jacob RM is a big fan....

BOT

Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 09:56 - Feb 24 with 1984 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone going to see Morrissey this month/next? on 10:55 - Feb 23 by Radlett_blue

McCartney - please!
I couldn't put up with more than a couple of songs of him croaking. Frog Chorus, anyone?
Without disrespecting his past achievements, someone should quietly have a word & suggest that he doesn't sing in public again.

I always find that people who throw the Frog Chorus at Macca are trying a little too hard. It was a children's song written for a children's movie. No more, no less. It was't supposed to be a song to stand up against others ion his body of work like Hey Jude or Penny Lane. And I don't think something along the lines of Helter Skelter would have been appropriate as the title track for a film about Rupert the Bear.

Is he croaking? Well the bloke is getting closer to his 80th birthday so I wouldn't expect his voice to be the same as when he belted out I'm Down or Long Tall Sally but he can still rock with the best even at his late stage of life

And his back catalogue contains some of the finest British pop/rock songs ever written and still does them justice in concert today.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024