Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seems pretty clear 09:03 - Feb 23 with 4543 viewsBehindBlueEyes

from the news conference that MM is happy here and doesn't expect ME to let him go.

Also only a "small" minority want him to go.

Thoughts?

Blog: Kundai Benyu – The Golden Shot?

Seems pretty clear on 11:03 - Feb 23 with 1770 viewsJ2BLUE

Seems pretty clear on 10:04 - Feb 23 by Guthrum

Thing is, if everybody is fit, do we need two or three signings? Particularly as "exciting" generally means attacking and that's not our weakest area on paper.

We're likely to need a McGoldrick replacement, probably another defender/wing-back. And McCarthy always likes his wingers (even if most of them underperform/fall to pieces).

We have enough DCMs. With Huws, Adeyemi and the youngsters, we're probably ok for ACMs. With good service, Garner and Waghorn are decent up front.

A decent RB would be an exciting signing. As would a striker. We seem to get a lot of injuries so replacing the likes of Bru/Hyam with quality players would give us options. I think it would be a good investment for Evans.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Seems pretty clear on 11:04 - Feb 23 with 1764 viewsmonty_radio

Seems pretty clear on 10:04 - Feb 23 by BrixtonBlue

Your first paragraph is nonsense. He said in that press conference he loves where he lives.

Which, I think, is Bromley

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Seems pretty clear on 11:08 - Feb 23 with 1756 viewsmonty_radio

Seems pretty clear on 10:15 - Feb 23 by longtimefan

"eye-watering cost"

My season tickets works out at £18.26 per game. So that's once every two weeks for about 3/4 of a year. I bet most would spend a lot more than that on booze or fags!

Which. if true, might be their choice.

Seems pretty clear on 11:23 - Feb 23 with 1740 viewsmonty_radio

Seems pretty clear on 10:15 - Feb 23 by longtimefan

"eye-watering cost"

My season tickets works out at £18.26 per game. So that's once every two weeks for about 3/4 of a year. I bet most would spend a lot more than that on booze or fags!

Even that is not cheap, compared to, say, the cinema. But the individual match ST cost is beside the point - it's £400 a year (or £30 per game) to be weighed against what you might, or might not, get. If the answer is cold and bored, you think twice.

The facts don't lie - we've lost 4-5000 recently and had 13200 there this week, if you take that figure as true. You're in for the long haul - good. But only the entertainment on the pitch will swing things in a different direction for the mass of waverers - not the vocal minority, but the silent set.

Seems pretty clear on 11:27 - Feb 23 with 1732 viewschurchmantom

I’m not against McCarthy as such I think his time maybe up it’s just the god damm awful football every bloody time I sit down there when you don’t expect us to score and we go one down and know there is no chance of getting back into it that is causing me to lose interest.
Seems pretty clear on 11:36 - Feb 23 with 1716 viewsITFC_Forever

Seems pretty clear on 10:13 - Feb 23 by BrixtonBlue

A marquee striker signing would get people excited, preferably someone with pace.

But when even poor strikers (Madine, Hugill) are going for £6m - £8m, then what hope is there of a marquee striker signing?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Seems pretty clear on 11:44 - Feb 23 with 1710 viewsNo9

MM's history strongly suggests he has no tiem for the fans and even less respect.
I believe this has caused him problems in the past but here at Ipswich he has an aly in the MD who couldn't give a flying fcuk what the fans think.
Between them they will put Town in an even worse place Milne will go back to one of Mr Evans other businesses and MM will retire.
We shall continue to be the losers.
Seems pretty clear on 11:47 - Feb 23 with 1701 viewsDubtractor

Seems pretty clear on 11:36 - Feb 23 by ITFC_Forever

But when even poor strikers (Madine, Hugill) are going for £6m - £8m, then what hope is there of a marquee striker signing?

I was staggered by how poor hugill was when Preston were here.

Just a unit and not a lot else.

8 million?! Football has gone mad etc.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Seems pretty clear on 11:51 - Feb 23 with 1696 viewslongtimefan

Seems pretty clear on 11:23 - Feb 23 by monty_radio

Even that is not cheap, compared to, say, the cinema. But the individual match ST cost is beside the point - it's £400 a year (or £30 per game) to be weighed against what you might, or might not, get. If the answer is cold and bored, you think twice.

The facts don't lie - we've lost 4-5000 recently and had 13200 there this week, if you take that figure as true. You're in for the long haul - good. But only the entertainment on the pitch will swing things in a different direction for the mass of waverers - not the vocal minority, but the silent set.

Still doesn't justify your "eye watering cost" label. Plus plenty seemed willing to pay Norwich £40.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2018 11:52]
Seems pretty clear on 12:27 - Feb 23 with 1675 viewsDarkHorse

Yeah, I've seen no evidence that he's leaving, so always assumed he'd stay on.

If people don't like it they should vote with their feet. Trudging along and moaning every week isn't going to work.
Seems pretty clear on 12:58 - Feb 23 with 1646 viewsmonty_radio

Seems pretty clear on 11:51 - Feb 23 by longtimefan

Still doesn't justify your "eye watering cost" label. Plus plenty seemed willing to pay Norwich £40.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2018 11:52]

Don't reference those who do, but the refusers. Plenty eat at the Ritz.

Current living wage = £7.83 per hour = £15500 p.a. = £13800 take home = £13400 after ITFC (but before travel and refreshment). Eye-watering outlay for Burton brew.

Seems pretty clear on 13:18 - Feb 23 with 1628 viewslongtimefan

Seems pretty clear on 12:58 - Feb 23 by monty_radio

Don't reference those who do, but the refusers. Plenty eat at the Ritz.

Current living wage = £7.83 per hour = £15500 p.a. = £13800 take home = £13400 after ITFC (but before travel and refreshment). Eye-watering outlay for Burton brew.

Your post would make more sense if you used the current average wage or are all our supporters on minimum wage?
Seems pretty clear on 13:43 - Feb 23 with 1619 viewsBluesquid

Seems pretty clear on 09:35 - Feb 23 by BehindBlueEyes

MM laughing & joking about the season ticket numbers going up or down if he's still here was interesting.

I think he just wants a chance to carry on and see what this squad (if ever fully fit) can do next season. Whether he gets that chance is up to ME now it seems and MM definitely seems confident.

He just wants a chance to make more money out of the club (supporters).
Money for old rope.
For him it's the easiest job in football and he's laughing all the way to the bank.
He just spouts off about a lack of money and injuries and certain supporters buy it time and time again.
He's a con artist.
Seems pretty clear on 14:26 - Feb 23 with 1600 viewsNo9

From the time it was reported that Mr Milne said "as long as I am here Mick's going nowhere" seemed to have triggered MM's antogonising the fans.
As M.D. Milne will have some influence on ME and if he supports MM then ME will ask his avisors if keeping MM is in his best interests if they concur (& MM believes his standing in the fb community is high) it will surely come down to how low ME is willing to let the attendances fall to.
Seems pretty clear on 17:06 - Feb 23 with 1558 viewsBrixtonBlue

Seems pretty clear on 13:43 - Feb 23 by Bluesquid

He just wants a chance to make more money out of the club (supporters).
Money for old rope.
For him it's the easiest job in football and he's laughing all the way to the bank.
He just spouts off about a lack of money and injuries and certain supporters buy it time and time again.
He's a con artist.

So there isn't a lack of money and a huge injury list then? We just imagined that?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Seems pretty clear on 17:22 - Feb 23 with 1551 viewsmanchego

Seems pretty clear on 14:26 - Feb 23 by No9

From the time it was reported that Mr Milne said "as long as I am here Mick's going nowhere" seemed to have triggered MM's antogonising the fans.
As M.D. Milne will have some influence on ME and if he supports MM then ME will ask his avisors if keeping MM is in his best interests if they concur (& MM believes his standing in the fb community is high) it will surely come down to how low ME is willing to let the attendances fall to.

I think MM is on a wind up. He is trolling us into exactly this conversation.

I'll bet 50p he has no intention of staying on. That's assuming he would be asked.
Seems pretty clear on 19:57 - Feb 23 with 1517 viewsDarkHorse

Seems pretty clear on 17:22 - Feb 23 by manchego

I think MM is on a wind up. He is trolling us into exactly this conversation.

I'll bet 50p he has no intention of staying on. That's assuming he would be asked.

Yeah, he's definitely going to walk away from a £1m per year job.

No chance Mick voluntarily leaves or ME doesn't renew his contract - Mick IS Ipswich Town right now. He is our figurehead. He keeps us afloat, well away from relegation, with an outside chance of promotion and ME getting his investment and more back. Why on earth would either party want to walk away?
Seems pretty clear on 22:09 - Feb 23 with 1487 viewsmanchego

Seems pretty clear on 19:57 - Feb 23 by DarkHorse

Yeah, he's definitely going to walk away from a £1m per year job.

No chance Mick voluntarily leaves or ME doesn't renew his contract - Mick IS Ipswich Town right now. He is our figurehead. He keeps us afloat, well away from relegation, with an outside chance of promotion and ME getting his investment and more back. Why on earth would either party want to walk away?

Hi Mick,
I love what you did at the world cup with Ireland and all your 'tell it like it is' press conferences and all that and I love that you kept us up when we were going down to Div 1 a few years ago but just give it up now.
I hate the muck that gets thrown at you at games but you know we are done right ?
I wish you all the best.
To be honest I'm nervous about who we get next.
respect,
x
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024