Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seems pretty clear 09:03 - Feb 23 with 4542 viewsBehindBlueEyes

from the news conference that MM is happy here and doesn't expect ME to let him go.

Also only a "small" minority want him to go.

Thoughts?

Blog: Kundai Benyu – The Golden Shot?

Seems pretty clear on 09:20 - Feb 23 with 2705 viewsgmanrom

We will see how small that minority is, come season ticket renewal time.

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Seems pretty clear on 09:20 - Feb 23 with 2705 viewsFinidiCentenary

I'm sure there was a survey on the Star website around Christmas time where 73% of fans said it was time for a change in the summer and there were about 3,000 votes.

That was whilst we were still close to the play offs and before Micks sweary outburst.

The feeling I get is that 75% at least think he should leave for one reason or another and about 25% of ST holders won't renew if he is here.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

Seems pretty clear on 09:24 - Feb 23 with 2690 viewsGuthrum

I think the number actively wanting him to go is smaller than those who simply think his time here has come to a natural end, or are fed up with the general doldrums at the club.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Seems pretty clear on 09:25 - Feb 23 with 2682 viewsFinidiCentenary

Seems pretty clear on 09:24 - Feb 23 by Guthrum

I think the number actively wanting him to go is smaller than those who simply think his time here has come to a natural end, or are fed up with the general doldrums at the club.

Those I've spoken to seem evenly split between despising McCarthy, appreciating what he did but thinking he's lost his touch and thinking he's a good manager who they are thankful to but feeling we need a new start.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

Seems pretty clear on 09:29 - Feb 23 with 2630 viewsMJallday

Seems pretty clear on 09:25 - Feb 23 by FinidiCentenary

Those I've spoken to seem evenly split between despising McCarthy, appreciating what he did but thinking he's lost his touch and thinking he's a good manager who they are thankful to but feeling we need a new start.

feels like a twtd poll is needed...

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

The fact that fans will even..... on 09:34 - Feb 23 with 2605 viewsBloots

Seems pretty clear on 09:25 - Feb 23 by FinidiCentenary

....contemplate that they "despise" the manager is frankly pathetic.

Some people need to take a look at themselves rather than the manager.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Seems pretty clear on 09:35 - Feb 23 with 2620 viewsBehindBlueEyes

MM laughing & joking about the season ticket numbers going up or down if he's still here was interesting.

I think he just wants a chance to carry on and see what this squad (if ever fully fit) can do next season. Whether he gets that chance is up to ME now it seems and MM definitely seems confident.

Blog: Kundai Benyu – The Golden Shot?

Seems pretty clear on 09:37 - Feb 23 with 2602 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yes I read it that way too. Loves the day to day stuff, loves where he lives, thinks Marcus is more likely to ask him to stay than leave, and won't be swayed by a minority of vocal fans. Also talked about how the team would've been better with less of the injuries.

The irony is, those fans shouting abuse at him are more likely to make him want to stay, A - to prove them wrong, and B - because he's a belligerent sod (c.f. chanting for a player to come on makes it less likely).

Better get used to it people, he's staying.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Seems pretty clear on 09:48 - Feb 23 with 2546 viewsPJH

Seems pretty clear on 09:37 - Feb 23 by BrixtonBlue

Yes I read it that way too. Loves the day to day stuff, loves where he lives, thinks Marcus is more likely to ask him to stay than leave, and won't be swayed by a minority of vocal fans. Also talked about how the team would've been better with less of the injuries.

The irony is, those fans shouting abuse at him are more likely to make him want to stay, A - to prove them wrong, and B - because he's a belligerent sod (c.f. chanting for a player to come on makes it less likely).

I have always thought that MM has been driven by belief in himself and loves fighting against the odds.
I am sure that he would love the chance "to prove people wrong" and I hope that he gets that chance.

I know that I have been in a dwindling group for a while but I have never for a moment NOT wanted MM here although there have been times when I doubted if he would be.
There is still obviously some sort of doubt about him being here next season but those comments from him this morning have cheered me up about the situation.
The fact that fans will even..... on 09:48 - Feb 23 with 2549 viewsFinidiCentenary

The fact that fans will even..... on 09:34 - Feb 23 by Bloots

....contemplate that they "despise" the manager is frankly pathetic.

Some people need to take a look at themselves rather than the manager.

I don't disagree.

I don't hate Mick. He seems a decent bloke most of the time, who was what we needed, moved the club forward, but seems to have lost his magic, has been here too long and has antagonised the fan base over such a period that we should part ways.

I know people however that have stopped going because they can't stand him, others who were fuming after the whole f*** off debacle.

I don't understand how you can despise the bloke, but clearly a few, especially one bloke who used to go in our group to the pub before matches, absolutely detests him!

Seems pretty clear on 09:52 - Feb 23 with 2530 viewsmonty_radio

I thought that was a quiet conciliatory tone that was saying, "here's hoping". He says he likes it here, but that, for me, seems to mean here at Playford Rd, not here in this community, unlike what they report of, say, David Wagner.

In the end, despite the rather wan ST joke, it will come down to the match experience. The loyalists will shout fandom from the rooftops, but so many seem, from those people I meet for whom football is but a part of their lives, are looking to continue their kinship via the Star and their own sofa. The eye-watering cost should be linked to entertainment or the drift away will just continue.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2018 10:31]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Seems pretty clear on 09:53 - Feb 23 with 2519 viewsJ2BLUE

I agree. The trouble with him staying isn't so much that he's staying, it's how vocal minority are going to react. The atmosphere could soon become toxic and Evans never acts quickly. The best way out of this for Evans is to keep him and then sign 2-3 exciting signings. Players who people will think can really add to our chances of getting into the play offs. I'm not talking tens of millions, just give MM a few million to pluck a few exciting younger players from the lower leagues. The new tv deal means fees aren't going to go down any time soon. Evans could, in theory, sign 5x £2m players and get his money back if even one of them comes good. Not to mention the renewed optimism amongst the fans and higher attendances.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Maybe the divs that.... on 09:54 - Feb 23 with 2492 viewsBloots

The fact that fans will even..... on 09:48 - Feb 23 by FinidiCentenary

I don't disagree.

I don't hate Mick. He seems a decent bloke most of the time, who was what we needed, moved the club forward, but seems to have lost his magic, has been here too long and has antagonised the fan base over such a period that we should part ways.

I know people however that have stopped going because they can't stand him, others who were fuming after the whole f*** off debacle.

I don't understand how you can despise the bloke, but clearly a few, especially one bloke who used to go in our group to the pub before matches, absolutely detests him!

...openly show their hatred at him should try a bit of reverse psychology and start getting behind him.

If he's as stubborn and contrary as they like to say then he'll probably leave in disgust at the love being shown.

Plus the players might up their game a bit.

God forbid.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Seems pretty clear on 09:55 - Feb 23 with 2499 viewsITFC_Forever

Been telling you (the TWTD you, not you individually) he was going to stay for months.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Seems pretty clear on 10:00 - Feb 23 with 2485 viewsBrixtonBlue

Seems pretty clear on 09:48 - Feb 23 by PJH

I have always thought that MM has been driven by belief in himself and loves fighting against the odds.
I am sure that he would love the chance "to prove people wrong" and I hope that he gets that chance.

I know that I have been in a dwindling group for a while but I have never for a moment NOT wanted MM here although there have been times when I doubted if he would be.
There is still obviously some sort of doubt about him being here next season but those comments from him this morning have cheered me up about the situation.

I wanted him gone after the Lincoln embarrassment on TV but I've come round to the idea now that he deserves another chance with a fully fit squad. The injuries have been ridiculous this season and have massively affected what he's been able to do.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Seems pretty clear on 10:02 - Feb 23 with 2478 viewsWestSussexBlue

Seems pretty clear on 09:35 - Feb 23 by BehindBlueEyes

MM laughing & joking about the season ticket numbers going up or down if he's still here was interesting.

I think he just wants a chance to carry on and see what this squad (if ever fully fit) can do next season. Whether he gets that chance is up to ME now it seems and MM definitely seems confident.

He’s had long enough. 6 seasons is it? Their will always be injuries to key players as we well know and next season and the season after will be no different.
As for laughing on the subject of ST, well that’s the ignorance once again.
Get rid.
Seems pretty clear on 10:04 - Feb 23 with 2466 viewsBrixtonBlue

Seems pretty clear on 09:52 - Feb 23 by monty_radio

I thought that was a quiet conciliatory tone that was saying, "here's hoping". He says he likes it here, but that, for me, seems to mean here at Playford Rd, not here in this community, unlike what they report of, say, David Wagner.

In the end, despite the rather wan ST joke, it will come down to the match experience. The loyalists will shout fandom from the rooftops, but so many seem, from those people I meet for whom football is but a part of their lives, are looking to continue their kinship via the Star and their own sofa. The eye-watering cost should be linked to entertainment or the drift away will just continue.

Your first paragraph is nonsense. He said in that press conference he loves where he lives.

Seems pretty clear on 10:04 - Feb 23 with 2465 viewsGuthrum

Seems pretty clear on 09:53 - Feb 23 by J2BLUE

I agree. The trouble with him staying isn't so much that he's staying, it's how vocal minority are going to react. The atmosphere could soon become toxic and Evans never acts quickly. The best way out of this for Evans is to keep him and then sign 2-3 exciting signings. Players who people will think can really add to our chances of getting into the play offs. I'm not talking tens of millions, just give MM a few million to pluck a few exciting younger players from the lower leagues. The new tv deal means fees aren't going to go down any time soon. Evans could, in theory, sign 5x £2m players and get his money back if even one of them comes good. Not to mention the renewed optimism amongst the fans and higher attendances.

Thing is, if everybody is fit, do we need two or three signings? Particularly as "exciting" generally means attacking and that's not our weakest area on paper.

We're likely to need a McGoldrick replacement, probably another defender/wing-back. And McCarthy always likes his wingers (even if most of them underperform/fall to pieces).

We have enough DCMs. With Huws, Adeyemi and the youngsters, we're probably ok for ACMs. With good service, Garner and Waghorn are decent up front.

Seems pretty clear on 10:13 - Feb 23 with 2437 viewsBrixtonBlue

Seems pretty clear on 10:04 - Feb 23 by Guthrum

Thing is, if everybody is fit, do we need two or three signings? Particularly as "exciting" generally means attacking and that's not our weakest area on paper.

We're likely to need a McGoldrick replacement, probably another defender/wing-back. And McCarthy always likes his wingers (even if most of them underperform/fall to pieces).

We have enough DCMs. With Huws, Adeyemi and the youngsters, we're probably ok for ACMs. With good service, Garner and Waghorn are decent up front.

A marquee striker signing would get people excited, preferably someone with pace.

Seems pretty clear on 10:15 - Feb 23 with 2427 viewsBrixtonBlue

Seems pretty clear on 09:55 - Feb 23 by ITFC_Forever

Been telling you (the TWTD you, not you individually) he was going to stay for months.

Several people have been saying for months that he's off. 50% of people will be right!

Seems pretty clear on 10:15 - Feb 23 with 2426 viewslongtimefan

Seems pretty clear on 09:52 - Feb 23 by monty_radio

"eye-watering cost"

My season tickets works out at £18.26 per game. So that's once every two weeks for about 3/4 of a year. I bet most would spend a lot more than that on booze or fags!
Seems pretty clear on 10:16 - Feb 23 with 2418 viewsBrixtonBlue

Seems pretty clear on 10:15 - Feb 23 by longtimefan

"eye-watering cost"

My season tickets works out at £18.26 per game. So that's once every two weeks for about 3/4 of a year. I bet most would spend a lot more than that on booze or fags!

Indeed. STs are very reasonably priced.

Seems pretty clear on 10:23 - Feb 23 with 2390 viewsGuthrum

Seems pretty clear on 10:13 - Feb 23 by BrixtonBlue

A marquee striker signing would get people excited, preferably someone with pace.

Pace plus marksmanship is something we desperately need.

I'd also like to see us run the ball more in midfield/on the wings. Currently we too often don't, even when there is space to run into.

Seems pretty clear on 10:36 - Feb 23 with 2355 viewsmonty_radio

Seems pretty clear on 09:53 - Feb 23 by J2BLUE

I don't think it lies with the vocal minority. They are generally not the 4-5000 who have already seeped away in the last three seasons. There are more awaiting Mick's decision who will not renew if he stays. Wasn't it you yourself who said that people should make their feelings known? But it's not the Suffolk way. Their absence will be their response.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Seems pretty clear on 11:03 - Feb 23 with 2312 viewsDubtractor

Gotta be honest, I'll be pretty disappointed if he stays.

Just feels like we have spent the last 2 years treading water, I appreciate this isn't just down to Mick, but I feel a change is needed. And I've got to be honest, I find his football mostly poor to watch, all just a bit too pragmatic.

There's some cliched phrase about if you keep doing the same thing you'll keep getting the same outcome.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2018 11:32]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024