Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fairly interesting from Mick today ... 09:30 - Feb 23 with 1637 viewsSomethingBlue

Puts the ball in Evans' court quite deliberately. And, as suspected, there seems to be an element of temptation to have another crack when we have our midfield fit ...

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Fairly interesting from Mick today ... on 09:34 - Feb 23 with 1554 viewsHerbivore

Can't really blame him, two of his major signings and his most promising youngster haven't kicked a ball and despite that we've not been a million miles away.

Aside from fck off gate he has been striking a rather more conciliatory tone of late which makes me think maybe he will be here next season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Fairly interesting from Mick today ... on 09:35 - Feb 23 with 1542 viewscoolcat

Came across that way.
Fairly interesting from Mick today ... on 09:36 - Feb 23 with 1542 viewsITFC_Forever

Forgot the presser was early today.

I can accept the point that our midfield has be decimated all season, but I wonder if the damage is now too great between Mick and the fans and no matter what ME thinks, the ST renewals (or lack of or delayed until Mick goes - if he goes) will force his hand.
I'm convinced ME wants Mick to stay, but as Milne said, he is aware of the rift between the manager and the fans and that may ultimately prove to be too much.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Fairly interesting from Mick today ... on 09:36 - Feb 23 with 1538 viewsSomethingBlue

Fairly interesting from Mick today ... on 09:34 - Feb 23 by Herbivore

Can't really blame him, two of his major signings and his most promising youngster haven't kicked a ball and despite that we've not been a million miles away.

Aside from fck off gate he has been striking a rather more conciliatory tone of late which makes me think maybe he will be here next season.

If I were him I'd be thinking exactly the same, yes. The most gutting thing for me this season has been Huws' injury — even in those couple of games when he was firing on all cylinders, we had our best balance in some time and looked slick.

Clearly down to Evans though and none of us have a clue what he is thinking.

He was pretty clear in saying that..... on 09:37 - Feb 23 with 1533 viewsBloots

....he expects #evansout to ask him to stay.

Plus he was clear that he still likes it here and that he won't leave because of the fans.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Fairly interesting from Mick today ... on 09:38 - Feb 23 with 1518 viewsSWGF

Fairly interesting from Mick today ... on 09:36 - Feb 23 by ITFC_Forever

I can accept the point that our midfield has be decimated all season, but I wonder if the damage is now too great between Mick and the fans and no matter what ME thinks, the ST renewals (or lack of or delayed until Mick goes - if he goes) will force his hand.
I'm convinced ME wants Mick to stay, but as Milne said, he is aware of the rift between the manager and the fans and that may ultimately prove to be too much.

MM was quite firm in that it's his strong belief that he still has the support from the vast majority of fans so that won't be an issue.

Seemed perplexed that there could potentially be a drop in ST sales should he stay.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Fairly interesting from Mick today ... on 09:42 - Feb 23 with 1470 viewsdirtyboy

Mick is right though, if we were in the top 6, there would be no talk about his future.

I like hearing him say he thinks when fit the squad is in good shape. Must be gauling to sign players like Huws and have the excitement of Dozzell and Downes coming through but then, in all reality, have those taken away from you.

Trouble is, for all the chance we could have those players available next season and be much stronger, we'll in all likelihood be without Cellina and McGoldrick which counteracts that.

I still like McCarthy as a man and a manager, but his relationship with the fans is so delicate and he really needs a huge swing in results and style (like that of the first few games...and stick with it) for that relationship to show any signs of healing.

All in all though, if he did leave, he'd be leaving behind a stable club, a decent youth set up repaired from the Keane days, well run and actually, some decent players at the club. Although I suspect he'd take a fair few wherever he went.
Fairly interesting from Mick today ... on 09:44 - Feb 23 with 1440 viewsReuser_is_God

Thought it was a really good presser, Watson & Mick were very interesting.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Fairly interesting from Mick today ... on 09:46 - Feb 23 with 1419 viewsGuthrum

I'm pretty sure that McCarthy believes he can repair the problems with fans by producing a season of decent and, above all, winning football. A play-off run, or better.

I think he has the confidence in himself and in his players that they have the skill and ability to do that, too - if the squad is not gutted by injury again.

Absolutely he wants another crack at it.

He doesn't want to leave on a low note. And neither do I want Ipswich Town to further cement its burgeoning reputation as a managerial graveyard.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Fairly interesting from Mick today ... on 09:46 - Feb 23 with 1419 viewsITFC_Forever

Fairly interesting from Mick today ... on 09:42 - Feb 23 by dirtyboy

Mick is right though, if we were in the top 6, there would be no talk about his future.

I like hearing him say he thinks when fit the squad is in good shape. Must be gauling to sign players like Huws and have the excitement of Dozzell and Downes coming through but then, in all reality, have those taken away from you.

Trouble is, for all the chance we could have those players available next season and be much stronger, we'll in all likelihood be without Cellina and McGoldrick which counteracts that.

I still like McCarthy as a man and a manager, but his relationship with the fans is so delicate and he really needs a huge swing in results and style (like that of the first few games...and stick with it) for that relationship to show any signs of healing.

All in all though, if he did leave, he'd be leaving behind a stable club, a decent youth set up repaired from the Keane days, well run and actually, some decent players at the club. Although I suspect he'd take a fair few wherever he went.

I think a Celina / Williams (fit) / Fraser / Lawrence style season-long loan would be made for again next season if MMc is still in charge, it's been a deliberate tactic in the last few seasons.

Downes is Mick's own doing, he's the one whose sent him out on loan.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Fairly interesting from Mick today ... on 09:52 - Feb 23 with 1370 viewsSomethingBlue

Fairly interesting from Mick today ... on 09:46 - Feb 23 by ITFC_Forever

I think a Celina / Williams (fit) / Fraser / Lawrence style season-long loan would be made for again next season if MMc is still in charge, it's been a deliberate tactic in the last few seasons.

Downes is Mick's own doing, he's the one whose sent him out on loan.

I think what he means is that Downes was out for a few months. We are going to benefit considerably from the decision to loan him to Luton, I'd bet on that.

Fairly interesting from Mick today ... on 09:54 - Feb 23 with 1354 viewsOxford_Blue

Hope he stays. He’s done the best out of Evans’ managers and has had virtually no money. I can’t see anyone else better wanting to come to a club with falling crowds and no money.
He was pretty clear in saying that..... on 09:57 - Feb 23 with 1329 viewschicoazul

He was pretty clear in saying that..... on 09:37 - Feb 23 by Bloots

....he expects #evansout to ask him to stay.

Plus he was clear that he still likes it here and that he won't leave because of the fans.

Expected him to sign for a while and was told he has had the deal in front of him for the last month (same as Bart BTW). That's all I know but I would speculate that he has told Evans he needs a transfer pot to stand still next season never mind make progress.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Fairly interesting from Mick today ... on 10:06 - Feb 23 with 1269 viewsFinidiCentenary

Fairly interesting from Mick today ... on 09:54 - Feb 23 by Oxford_Blue

Hope he stays. He’s done the best out of Evans’ managers and has had virtually no money. I can’t see anyone else better wanting to come to a club with falling crowds and no money.

There are plenty of decent up and coming managers I'd be happy to have here, who would be given a significantly improved wage and manage a much bigger profile club.

I'd be delighted with any of the below:

Gareth Ainsworth
Nathan Jones
Paul Cook
Derek Adams
Paul Hurst

Then a few I'd be wary of but could get behind:

Graham Alexander
Danny Cowley
Kevin Nolan
Michael Flynn

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

Fairly interesting from Mick today ... on 10:08 - Feb 23 with 1253 viewshomer_123

As I posted a couple of weeks ago - a contract is in place for a 1 year plus a further 1 year for Mick.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Fairly interesting from Mick today ... on 10:09 - Feb 23 with 1243 viewsSomethingBlue

Fairly interesting from Mick today ... on 09:54 - Feb 23 by Oxford_Blue

If someone could guarantee me that we'd have all our midfield fit next season then I'd be OK for him to have a go with it — but that's just pie in the sky, of course.

We'd also need to go into next season with better striking options than Garner and Waghorn but that's another point.

Fairly interesting from Mick today ... on 10:12 - Feb 23 with 1213 viewshowdonblue

4 years too late !

Should have put the ball in Evans court after he had got us to the play offs that season instead of sitting on his arse picking his money up for his retirement fund!
Fairly interesting from Mick today ... on 10:25 - Feb 23 with 1123 viewschicoazul

Fairly interesting from Mick today ... on 10:08 - Feb 23 by homer_123

As I posted a couple of weeks ago - a contract is in place for a 1 year plus a further 1 year for Mick.

It's a 3 year deal. The club currently hold an option on him for 2 more anyway but it is not clear if it is the same deal they have with the players e.g. the player has no option but to stay if the club choose to take it up.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Fairly interesting from Mick today ... on 10:59 - Feb 23 with 1011 viewsWestSussexBlue

Fairly interesting from Mick today ... on 10:06 - Feb 23 by FinidiCentenary

There are plenty of decent up and coming managers I'd be happy to have here, who would be given a significantly improved wage and manage a much bigger profile club.

I'd be delighted with any of the below:

Gareth Ainsworth
Nathan Jones
Paul Cook
Derek Adams
Paul Hurst

Then a few I'd be wary of but could get behind:

Graham Alexander
Danny Cowley
Kevin Nolan
Michael Flynn

I agree. It’s not all about MM. Evans needs to look at the long term.
You have names there that could be very Good appointment’s with the future in mind.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024