Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... 10:43 - Feb 23 with 7082 viewsOsborneOneNil

Absolutely top bloke, lovely guy. He's ex Yeovil and Weymouth, previously a youth player at Liverpool. I know him from my time playing at Weymouth, plus he coached our Weymouth College side. He was at the Wigan v Man City game Monday, he's mates with Paul Cook, used to play alongside him at some stage in his youth. Said he loves the way Cook sets his teams up and how they play etc. Burnley are massively keen on him, if they were ever to lose Dyche. He then went on to discuss 'my team' and how they are a bit 'up and down at the moment,......then we got onto the state of play behind the scenes at Ipswich. He's a top guy, but he was struggling to say anything nice about our club right now. He said they are one of the worst clubs to deal with currently, an 'absolute joke' run by people that appear to have no clue. He went on to say Town are incredibly tight, to the point where many agents do not even bother to deal with them anymore. It's not worth it. He then mentioned our scouting system......he began with a smirk, then said it's pretty much nonexistent. Apparently we are massively behind in how and what we do, it's scouting from the dark ages. MM has his mate Dave Bowman there, who he admitted is a lovely bloke, but is not good at his job. I mentioned our token annual Irish kid we sign @ £90k each year......'yes, he looks after his mates'. He admitted MM did well on Kieffer, but as a coach, he is too limited and will never change.

There is a well known saying among the agents now, about ITFC. 'Ipswich pay MM a lot of money, so Ipswich don't have to pay anyone else any money'.
Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 10:46 - Feb 23 with 4951 viewsBluefish

A football parasite is unhappy because a club has publically taken a stance against agents. Hardly a shock is it. Scouting in football had virtually disappeared because of agents so I would say he is more talking about paying agents fees than scouting. Mick turns a profit on transfer fees and keeps us above our budget level but tour mate says he is clueless.

Please do not report this post as abuse* 

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Tell us who it was..... on 10:47 - Feb 23 with 4941 viewsBloots

....so that we can judge:

1. The validity
2. Whether his opinion is worth anything

Otherwise, a pointless dig at the club.

It's common knowledge that most agents are total helmets who are slowly killing football below the Prem through their own personal greed.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Tell us who it was..... on 10:50 - Feb 23 with 4903 viewsBluefish

Tell us who it was..... on 10:47 - Feb 23 by Bloots

....so that we can judge:

1. The validity
2. Whether his opinion is worth anything

Otherwise, a pointless dig at the club.

It's common knowledge that most agents are total helmets who are slowly killing football below the Prem through their own personal greed.

Peter Conning. An apt name really

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 10:53 - Feb 23 with 4871 viewslongtimefan

"He admitted MM did well on Kieffer"

Did even better on Tyrone Mings.
Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 10:59 - Feb 23 with 4843 viewshomer_123

"Town are incredibly tight, to the point where many agents do not even bother to deal with them anymore. It's not worth it."

And this is a bad thing how?

Not only that but it's common knowledge - pretty sure both Mick and others have said that we try not to pay agents if we can. Any monies we spend should be going on fees wages etc. not to agents.

I really don't have a problem with this. In fact, the sooner any agents or brokers are paid by the players the better - Clubs should not be paying these people, end of.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 11:02 - Feb 23 with 4811 viewsFixed_It

I would be more concerned if scouts loved dealing with Ipswich, to be honest.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 11:10 - Feb 23 with 4768 viewsRadlett_blue

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 10:59 - Feb 23 by homer_123

"Town are incredibly tight, to the point where many agents do not even bother to deal with them anymore. It's not worth it."

Not only that but it's common knowledge - pretty sure both Mick and others have said that we try not to pay agents if we can. Any monies we spend should be going on fees wages etc. not to agents.

I really don't have a problem with this. In fact, the sooner any agents or brokers are paid by the players the better - Clubs should not be paying these people, end of.

I would say that player recruitment - given our financial constraints - has been one of the better facets of Mick's reign.
How those players have been used is a different matter.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 11:12 - Feb 23 with 4752 viewsSomethingBlue

Either way, I'm not sure the fact he's such a good bloke is admissible evidence here.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 11:12 - Feb 23 with 4751 viewsTractorJack

How would an agent have knowledge of our scouting practices?
Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 11:29 - Feb 23 with 4693 viewsOsborneOneNil

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 11:12 - Feb 23 by TractorJack

How would an agent have knowledge of our scouting practices?

Seriously?
Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 11:34 - Feb 23 with 4678 viewsOsborneOneNil

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 10:46 - Feb 23 by Bluefish

A football parasite is unhappy because a club has publically taken a stance against agents. Hardly a shock is it. Scouting in football had virtually disappeared because of agents so I would say he is more talking about paying agents fees than scouting. Mick turns a profit on transfer fees and keeps us above our budget level but tour mate says he is clueless.

Alright Truce. He didn't say MM is clueless. He said he's a really decent guy.

The agents bit......he was comparing against all others in our league, and L1 too. Not just the paying of fees, but the running of the club when it came to working with agents. Oh, and that the scouting system is out dated.

Despite the comments, he is a cracking guy, always has been. He's busy, does well, he doesn't need business from Town.....he was merely commenting on how we compare to all else.
Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 11:35 - Feb 23 with 4665 viewsNo9

Nothing we didn't suspect I'm afraid.
Watching & listening to Messrs Milne & MM it is impossible to feel the club is in a good shape and no confidence in those two ever getting it into good shape.
The Owner really needs to get better football advisors
Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 11:43 - Feb 23 with 4629 viewsOsborneOneNil

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 10:59 - Feb 23 by homer_123

Yeah, agree with that to a point, Homer. Look at the fees agents make off the back of the mega money moves, absolute joke.

The comments regarding us being 'tight' and awful to deal with is a comparison to clubs similar to us, and the usual day to day aspect of business, our professionalism etc.

Interesting line about MM being paid loads so ME doesn't have to pay others. Kind of ties in to why ME may want to keep MM.......pay him lots, to keep us boring and mid table in the Champ without spending out.
Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 11:44 - Feb 23 with 4628 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

My agent friend says exactly the same thing as your mate about us
Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 11:54 - Feb 23 with 4554 viewsPilgrimblue

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 11:43 - Feb 23 by OsborneOneNil

Yeah, agree with that to a point, Homer. Look at the fees agents make off the back of the mega money moves, absolute joke.

The comments regarding us being 'tight' and awful to deal with is a comparison to clubs similar to us, and the usual day to day aspect of business, our professionalism etc.

Interesting line about MM being paid loads so ME doesn't have to pay others. Kind of ties in to why ME may want to keep MM.......pay him lots, to keep us boring and mid table in the Champ without spending out.

That's coming across loud and clear. I'm not so worried about agents as feel they are parasites but my real concern is our lack of scouting. It does all seem to be about MM and his "friends". His view is very narrow and so we land up with many that will never make it.
Moore didn't benefit us at all just more money for ME while others have come and gone without trace.
Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 12:01 - Feb 23 with 4516 viewschicoazul

So the club are an absolute joke run by people who appear to have no clue but at the same time are incredibly tight? Sounds ok to me and also sounds to me like an Agent moaning about terms and payment (as usual, it's all they ever do).

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 12:35 - Feb 23 with 4367 viewsBloomBlue

Typical agent unhappy a club won't pay him a load of money for doing nothing, it's agents who ruined football
Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 12:43 - Feb 23 with 4328 viewschicoazul

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 12:35 - Feb 23 by BloomBlue

Typical agent unhappy a club won't pay him a load of money for doing nothing, it's agents who ruined football

Hyperbolic nonsense. Many Agents including in fact the one mentioned in this thread are pretty good. Yes their job is to maximise pay for their clients but it is a hard hard job, if you want someone to blame for "ruining football" blame Sky.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 12:46 - Feb 23 with 4309 viewshomer_123

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 11:54 - Feb 23 by Pilgrimblue

That's coming across loud and clear. I'm not so worried about agents as feel they are parasites but my real concern is our lack of scouting. It does all seem to be about MM and his "friends". His view is very narrow and so we land up with many that will never make it.
Moore didn't benefit us at all just more money for ME while others have come and gone without trace.

Isn't your last sentence just a simple reality of where we are re. recruitment?

Also, I wonder, do we actually suffer more than any other club in terms of signings that don't make it?

Simply looking at the players that clubs spend huge sums on and then rarely play illustrates that even when you do spend, this is never a guarantee of a player making it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 12:59 - Feb 23 with 4239 viewsIllinoisblue

Did he expand on what it is exactly we are supposedly behind in with our scouting? Not at all convinced that 1 agent will have intimate knowledge of enough clubs’ scouting networks to form such opinions.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2018 13:05]

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 13:26 - Feb 23 with 4126 viewsjpring89

In all fairness I think we knew all of this anyway right. Not sure we needed it spelled out. Tightswitch Town.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 13:56 - Feb 23 with 4049 viewsOsborneOneNil

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 12:43 - Feb 23 by chicoazul

Hyperbolic nonsense. Many Agents including in fact the one mentioned in this thread are pretty good. Yes their job is to maximise pay for their clients but it is a hard hard job, if you want someone to blame for "ruining football" blame Sky.

Exactly right. And thanks for acknowledging that the agent in this thread is pretty good.

I've known him for 26 years, cracking guy. He wasn't there moaning about us not paying him money.....he was having a chat, as mates, about football. About how his lads are doing and where he is over the next few weeks (Emirates today). He holds no grudge with Town...he was simply saying how we are right now from the angle of scouting, signing players, and dealing with transfers.

Poor.
Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 14:40 - Feb 23 with 3955 viewsHARRY10

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 12:35 - Feb 23 by BloomBlue

Too many agents are merely conduits for funneling money back to managers, owners etc. 'Know what I mean 'arry'.

Very rare you hear a player complain either.
Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 15:31 - Feb 23 with 3830 viewsHerbivore

Garner, Waghorn and Huws for less than £2m in the summer. I'm fairly happy with an approach that does that kind of business.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 15:37 - Feb 23 with 3808 viewsIllinoisblue

Had a decent chat last night with a top football Agent......... on 12:43 - Feb 23 by chicoazul

hard job? Do me a favour. They're not exactly nurses or teachers making a difference to society. They're parasites helping rich young men get richer.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024