Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McCarthy: I Won't Be Driven Out By a Small Section of Fans 11:20 - Feb 23 with 914 viewsNewsTWTD

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/33233/mccarthy-i-wont-be-driven-out-by-a

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
McCarthy: I Won't Be Driven Out By a Small Section of Fans on 13:12 - Feb 23 with 739 viewsOxford_Blue

Good for you Mick.

There has always been a small but vocal set of morons at Town. Mick Mills used to get booed. Then Scowcroft (a young lad at the time) was heckled mercilessly. Countless managers have been criticised and lambasted. Most of these “fans” just like to complain and have something in their lives to get excited about. Ignore them. You’ve had virtually no money, you’re best players have been sold and you’ve kept the club up and away from relegation which was a real threat under PJ and Keane.
McCarthy: I Won't Be Driven Out By a Small Section of Fans on 13:22 - Feb 23 with 719 viewssotd78

McCarthy: I Won't Be Driven Out By a Small Section of Fans on 13:12 - Feb 23 by Oxford_Blue

Good for you Mick.

There has always been a small but vocal set of morons at Town. Mick Mills used to get booed. Then Scowcroft (a young lad at the time) was heckled mercilessly. Countless managers have been criticised and lambasted. Most of these “fans” just like to complain and have something in their lives to get excited about. Ignore them. You’ve had virtually no money, you’re best players have been sold and you’ve kept the club up and away from relegation which was a real threat under PJ and Keane.

Robson Out...I remember the same North Stand calling for his head.
Thank God the Cobbolds didn't listen.

The club as a WHOLE has to be considered. Losing MM means losing probably much of the infrastructure. Roy Keane hounded out Klug and look how long it is taking to repair that damage.
The bedsheet brigade that chased Jim Magilton out are still in my mind.

McCarthy does himself no favours with his attitude; but he's a blessed good manager.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

McCarthy: I Won't Be Driven Out By a Small Section of Fans on 13:24 - Feb 23 with 711 viewsBenters2

McCarthy: I Won't Be Driven Out By a Small Section of Fans on 13:12 - Feb 23 by Oxford_Blue

Good for you Mick.

*see also no decent cup runs*

*the worst finish in 58 years*

*the smallest crowd for 20 years*

So i think you will find its more fans than you think matey!
McCarthy: I Won't Be Driven Out By a Small Section of Fans on 13:30 - Feb 23 with 700 viewsOxford_Blue

McCarthy: I Won't Be Driven Out By a Small Section of Fans on 13:24 - Feb 23 by Benters2

*see also no decent cup runs*

*the worst finish in 58 years*

*the smallest crowd for 20 years*

So i think you will find its more fans than you think matey!

Cup runs - with the exception of a SF, the abysmal cup run goes back well past MM’s era.

Crowds are falling because of the passing of time, with each year in the Championship being cumulative felt worse and also because of tough economic times.

MM got us in the play offs. Then he had his best players sold - Mings, Murphy, and Creswell the year before.

I’m not suggesting that people should be happy about the performances but there needs to be a sense of reality: the quality in the division is high and we lack the financial clout to compete and if MM goes who on Earth is going to do better??
McCarthy: I Won't Be Driven Out By a Small Section of Fans on 13:40 - Feb 23 with 686 viewstextbackup

McCarthy: I Won't Be Driven Out By a Small Section of Fans on 13:30 - Feb 23 by Oxford_Blue

Cup runs - with the exception of a SF, the abysmal cup run goes back well past MM’s era.

Crowds are falling because of the passing of time, with each year in the Championship being cumulative felt worse and also because of tough economic times.

MM got us in the play offs. Then he had his best players sold - Mings, Murphy, and Creswell the year before.

I’m not suggesting that people should be happy about the performances but there needs to be a sense of reality: the quality in the division is high and we lack the financial clout to compete and if MM goes who on Earth is going to do better??

AND THERE IS THE FAMOUS FCKING LINE

‘Who’s going to do better?!!’

PATHETICLY SCARED AND WEAK FANS

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

McCarthy: I Won't Be Driven Out By a Small Section of Fans on 13:44 - Feb 23 with 674 viewsTractorWood

Good for you Mick.

Shock as Town fans escape issue by referring to dim and distant past.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

McCarthy: I Won't Be Driven Out By a Small Section of Fans on 13:45 - Feb 23 with 672 viewsOxford_Blue

McCarthy: I Won't Be Driven Out By a Small Section of Fans on 13:40 - Feb 23 by textbackup

AND THERE IS THE FAMOUS FCKING LINE

‘Who’s going to do better?!!’

PATHETICLY SCARED AND WEAK FANS

That isn’t an answer to the question.

You tell me who will be willing to come to the club and do better. Either you know, or you don’t.
McCarthy: I Won't Be Driven Out By a Small Section of Fans on 13:50 - Feb 23 with 662 viewstextbackup

McCarthy: I Won't Be Driven Out By a Small Section of Fans on 13:45 - Feb 23 by Oxford_Blue

That isn’t an answer to the question.

You tell me who will be willing to come to the club and do better. Either you know, or you don’t.

Firstly it isn’t my job to pick the manager.

As a supporter I think that warburton (not in employment) would be a decent addition.

Has worked as a DoF so know that side of things, developes the kids decently and from his Brentford days he plays a nice style. In short I think he’d be a massive breathe of fresh air and would give some of them players a new lease of life and confidence.

EVERYTHING is stale and sht under current manager. Change is needed 100%

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024