Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keane was right 16:23 - Feb 23 with 2505 viewsGarv

We as a club and fan base are a bit nice aren't we?

You can't help but feel that at a bigger club (perhaps it just comes down to the number of supporters) the pressure on Evans to act would be too much.

This isn't a criticism as such, just a talking point. I'd like to know what Mick's comments on 'minority' were based on, as from our point of view it doesn't seem like a small section, does it?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Keane was right on 16:54 - Feb 23 with 2162 viewsHerbivore

I think it's a small minority who want him gone this instant and would like to see him dragged away from Portman Road tethered to a wild stallion. Most people think he's done a good job but shouldn't be here next season, another minority want him to stay. I imagine it's the former he's referring to, that bulk of fans in the middle could be won back over by better results and better football. It's only a couple of months ago Texters was all up for giving him another go, the mood was quite close to turning around November/December time before a poor Xmas and January turned the tide again.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Keane was right on 17:10 - Feb 23 with 2125 viewstextbackup

Simply this wouldn’t be happening at Leeds, and dare I say Norwich (they put together a protest when not happy)
We have far too many that just are either too cool or too pointless to give more than two shts.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Keane was right on 17:23 - Feb 23 with 2086 viewsSpruceMoose

Keane was right on 17:10 - Feb 23 by textbackup

Simply this wouldn’t be happening at Leeds, and dare I say Norwich (they put together a protest when not happy)
We have far too many that just are either too cool or too pointless to give more than two shts.

So you only care if you want him sacked today?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Keane was right on 17:23 - Feb 23 with 2085 viewsStenvict

I think the difference between ourselves and those 2 teams is that they believe they are bigger than they are. The majority of Town fans were predicting we were gonna get relegated this year, so can probably see that we've overachieved.

If MM does stay beyond the summer, I think there'll be a lot protests. Many probably believe he is off though.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Keane was right on 17:25 - Feb 23 with 2076 viewsGarv

Keane was right on 16:54 - Feb 23 by Herbivore

I think it's a small minority who want him gone this instant and would like to see him dragged away from Portman Road tethered to a wild stallion. Most people think he's done a good job but shouldn't be here next season, another minority want him to stay. I imagine it's the former he's referring to, that bulk of fans in the middle could be won back over by better results and better football. It's only a couple of months ago Texters was all up for giving him another go, the mood was quite close to turning around November/December time before a poor Xmas and January turned the tide again.

I agree. But I think there are too many fans that are beyond being won back.

We are just treading water, and no one seems to want to do anything about it.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Keane was right on 17:43 - Feb 23 with 2041 viewsTractorWood

It's East Anglian in general. Very reticent and reserved.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Keane was right on 17:56 - Feb 23 with 2001 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Yes correct. Norwich fans had balls to drive Roeder out of their club a few years ago.
Keane was right on 18:18 - Feb 23 with 1949 viewsBloomBlue

It's always been the same if the fans had been sensible and marched against Burley in our last season in the Prem and forced Sheepshagging to do the correct thing and fired Burley at Christmas we would still be in the prem
Login to get fewer ads

Keane was right on 18:28 - Feb 23 with 1931 viewsBlueBadger

Keane was right on 17:23 - Feb 23 by SpruceMoose

So you only care if you want him sacked today?

REAL Ipswich fans WANT an increased chance of Marcus Evans recruiting Gary Megson to the manager's job!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Keane was right on 18:32 - Feb 23 with 1924 viewsSpruceMoose

Keane was right on 18:28 - Feb 23 by BlueBadger

REAL Ipswich fans WANT an increased chance of Marcus Evans recruiting Gary Megson to the manager's job!

A REAL manager for the REAL fans!

I wish they would post the address of the official Superfan Secretary on here though, so I would know where to return my fan card to. Sadly, life took me far away from living in Ipswich, so now I can no longer get to games I am informed I am banned from supporting ITFC. I guess I'll have to pick an MLS team now.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Keane was right on 18:41 - Feb 23 with 1913 viewsBluefish

Our fans have had a competition all season to see which one can hate us the most and who can celebrate not attending or caring in the best way. It will look a bit silly now if they all start claiming to care.

Please do not report this post as abuse*

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Keane was right on 18:47 - Feb 23 with 1895 viewsPinewoodblue

Must grate with Keane that McCathy is still here but he was sacked and replaced by Jewell.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Keane was right on 18:50 - Feb 23 with 1878 viewsTrequartista

It's a political statement to try and justify backtracking on the statement that he wouldn't stay if the fans don't want him.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Keane was right on 00:50 - Feb 24 with 1624 viewspointofblue

Keane was right on 18:18 - Feb 23 by BloomBlue

It's always been the same if the fans had been sensible and marched against Burley in our last season in the Prem and forced Sheepshagging to do the correct thing and fired Burley at Christmas we would still be in the prem

That'd be the Christmas period where we started to put together a run of form which actually pulled us away from the drop zone? Between 22nd December and 2nd February we won seven games out of eight, if I recall correctly we were sitting 12th when Liverpool rolled into town...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Keane was right on 06:00 - Feb 24 with 1556 viewsBenters2

Keane was right on 16:54 - Feb 23 by Herbivore

You must wear your finger tips out sticking up for Mick Mac like you do,all day,every day!
Keane was right on 06:05 - Feb 24 with 1550 viewsBenters2

Keane was right on 17:56 - Feb 23 by Mach_foreignBlue

Yes correct. Norwich fans had balls to drive Roeder out of their club a few years ago.

Yeah but Trucey and Herbi want to hire the pope mobile and parade Mick Mac around the pitch when he signs up for another 2 years,maybe scattering a few rose petals before the Saint.
Keane was right on 06:25 - Feb 24 with 1530 viewsReuser_is_God

Keane was right on 06:05 - Feb 24 by Benters2

Yeah but Trucey and Herbi want to hire the pope mobile and parade Mick Mac around the pitch when he signs up for another 2 years,maybe scattering a few rose petals before the Saint.

Brilliant.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Keane was right on 06:39 - Feb 24 with 1512 viewsBenters2

Keane was right on 06:25 - Feb 24 by Reuser_is_God

Brilliant.

True though innit.
Keane was right on 07:24 - Feb 24 with 1463 viewsHennikerBlu

To ask a rhetorical question how has protesting worked at other clubs? For example MUFC and many of the bigger clubs have had protests. Sunderland, have a highly passionate fan base, they probably influenced the Chairman/Board in the past, how is that working for them?

Portman Road is not a nice place to visit currently, the attendances alone will be a big heavy knock at the door for those that can change things. However, I think all the evidence suggests ME wants rid of the club, as the only strategy I see is zero risk and until that matter is resolved he will want to ensure we tread water. So if MM is replaced it will be by another percentage manager.

Talking about 'nice', on a slightly separate note, the abusing of MM throughout the game and certain players is appalling and serves only to provide a twelve man for the opposition. Most that sing MM your football is ...... would not say it to his face if they met him in person out of the gaze of the public. Why not sing positives about the club or even something about our history or previous great managers as a reminder......It is ironic that more passion is shown in most games against the team. The Leeds game was an exception and showed what a great positive atmosphere feels like and I believe it translates to the pitch hence Roy Keane's original point.
Keane was right on 07:36 - Feb 24 with 1449 viewsBenters2

Keane was right on 07:24 - Feb 24 by HennikerBlu

To ask a rhetorical question how has protesting worked at other clubs? For example MUFC and many of the bigger clubs have had protests. Sunderland, have a highly passionate fan base, they probably influenced the Chairman/Board in the past, how is that working for them?

Portman Road is not a nice place to visit currently, the attendances alone will be a big heavy knock at the door for those that can change things. However, I think all the evidence suggests ME wants rid of the club, as the only strategy I see is zero risk and until that matter is resolved he will want to ensure we tread water. So if MM is replaced it will be by another percentage manager.

Talking about 'nice', on a slightly separate note, the abusing of MM throughout the game and certain players is appalling and serves only to provide a twelve man for the opposition. Most that sing MM your football is ...... would not say it to his face if they met him in person out of the gaze of the public. Why not sing positives about the club or even something about our history or previous great managers as a reminder......It is ironic that more passion is shown in most games against the team. The Leeds game was an exception and showed what a great positive atmosphere feels like and I believe it translates to the pitch hence Roy Keane's original point.

'Most that sing MM your football is sh1t wouldnt say it to his face' Lol,he isnt Mike Tyson!
Keane was right on 07:39 - Feb 24 with 1432 viewsvapour_trail

Keane was right on 07:36 - Feb 24 by Benters2

'Most that sing MM your football is sh1t wouldnt say it to his face' Lol,he isnt Mike Tyson!

Here’s the big man.

He’d knock the likes of you into next week.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Keane was right on 07:41 - Feb 24 with 1425 viewsHerbivore

Keane was right on 06:05 - Feb 24 by Benters2

Except that on balance I think he should go in the summer and have said so many times.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Keane was right on 07:41 - Feb 24 with 1423 viewsHennikerBlu

Keane was right on 07:36 - Feb 24 by Benters2

Neither are most of our fans, you might of course hence putting 'most' in the sentence, still I don't think they would, it is easier in a crowd, point I am making is it achieves very little.
Keane was right on 07:43 - Feb 24 with 1407 viewsBenters2

Keane was right on 07:39 - Feb 24 by vapour_trail

Here’s the big man.

He’d knock the likes of you into next week.

Welcome back dear chap.
Keane was right on 07:46 - Feb 24 with 1388 viewsBenters2

Keane was right on 07:41 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

Except that on balance I think he should go in the summer and have said so many times.

Have you said that?

But when push comes to shove you will be sobbing into your pillow
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024