Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. 20:23 - Feb 23 with 2183 viewsartsbossbeard

Got talking to a BHA fan and allegiances were shared.

WTF was that banner about a few seasons back, he asked.

I shrugged my shoulders.

What was the jist?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 20:28 - Feb 23 with 2126 viewsSpruceMoose

Some protest about American Express, lambasting BHA for accepting their 'corporate cash' or some other such nonsense.

Clearly created by some yoof that doesn't know their Brighton and Hove Albion history.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 20:31 - Feb 23 with 2104 viewsartsbossbeard

I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 20:28 - Feb 23 by SpruceMoose

Some protest about American Express, lambasting BHA for accepting their 'corporate cash' or some other such nonsense.

Clearly created by some yoof that doesn't know their Brighton and Hove Albion history.

Gotcha.

To confirm, there's no malice towards town fans, they just think we're a bit special.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 20:32 - Feb 23 with 2101 viewsSpruceMoose

I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 20:31 - Feb 23 by artsbossbeard

Gotcha.

To confirm, there's no malice towards town fans, they just think we're a bit special.

I think the majority on here were facepalming the night away when they saw it. Shame that one spotty oik can bring shame upon the rest.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 20:33 - Feb 23 with 2100 viewsbrogansnose

I don't think that you'll get an answer because those that made it don't truly know. Was it claimed to be about corporate involvement in football ? It was done by bumpkin jizzsticks and, to be fair , quite a lot of their lot got all precious and had their thongs slip up their ring.

Good TWTD's cabaret all told.
I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 21:29 - Feb 23 with 1944 viewsBrightonEye

I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 20:28 - Feb 23 by SpruceMoose

That, er, highly imaginative banner is largely forgotten now. Besides, the perpetrators could be forgiven for not having realised that American Express is in fact the largest private employer in Sussex. Bit like Fisons (RIP) sponsoring Ipswich Town, maybe?

So, hardly the case of some faceless multinational paying millions in order to promote its brand on the shirts of a randomly-selected Football League club, in the hope of greater exposure and untold riches following its promotion to the Premier League.

Just imagine if that kind of thing were to happen to Ipswich Town!
I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 21:34 - Feb 23 with 1912 viewsm14_blue

I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 21:29 - Feb 23 by BrightonEye

That, er, highly imaginative banner is largely forgotten now. Besides, the perpetrators could be forgiven for not having realised that American Express is in fact the largest private employer in Sussex. Bit like Fisons (RIP) sponsoring Ipswich Town, maybe?

So, hardly the case of some faceless multinational paying millions in order to promote its brand on the shirts of a randomly-selected Football League club, in the hope of greater exposure and untold riches following its promotion to the Premier League.

Good to hear, it was pretty (extremely) nonsensical but did seem to wind your lot up out of all proportion tbf.

Confident of staying up?
I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 21:37 - Feb 23 with 1898 viewsBrightonEye

I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 21:34 - Feb 23 by m14_blue

Good to hear, it was pretty (extremely) nonsensical but did seem to wind your lot up out of all proportion tbf.

Confident of staying up?

Not at all. Could be any three from 10 going down.

But it's an exciting adventure, whatever happens come May.
I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 21:38 - Feb 23 with 1889 viewsReuser_is_God

I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 21:29 - Feb 23 by BrightonEye

I believe the people (thickos) behind that banner now go & follow F.C. United.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 21:39 - Feb 23 with 1873 viewsReuser_is_God

I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 21:37 - Feb 23 by BrightonEye

Not at all. Could be any three from 10 going down.

But it's an exciting adventure, whatever happens come May.

It’s going to be a tasty battle that.

Hopefully, as a neutral, it goes to the final day with 4/5 teams still involved in it.

Evans out

on 21:39 - Feb 23 with 1867 views_

I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 21:38 - Feb 23 by Reuser_is_God

I believe the people (thickos) behind that banner now go & follow F.C. United.

I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 21:45 - Feb 23 with 1837 viewsReuser_is_God

on 21:39 - Feb 23 by _

Not sure they were originally from Suffolk to be fair.

Evans out

I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 23:04 - Feb 23 with 1676 viewstextbackup

only time ive been to brighton was when we could have gone up automatically. we had about 5 tickets between 15 of us and drew names from a hat.
those of us that didn't get a ticket went to a pub, as we approached the 3/4 bouncers asked for our home postcodes to see if we were locals.... the pub address was on the pub door so we all read that to them, they let us in.
not the best story ever, but certainly made us laugh at the time

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 00:51 - Feb 24 with 1577 viewsyesjohn99

I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 23:04 - Feb 23 by textbackup

only time ive been to brighton was when we could have gone up automatically. we had about 5 tickets between 15 of us and drew names from a hat.
those of us that didn't get a ticket went to a pub, as we approached the 3/4 bouncers asked for our home postcodes to see if we were locals.... the pub address was on the pub door so we all read that to them, they let us in.
not the best story ever, but certainly made us laugh at the time

Did we only know about the ticket situation when we got to Brighton?
I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 01:21 - Feb 24 with 1532 viewscatch74

I’ve got a claim to fame in Brighton, my grandad was born and bred in Ipswich but moved to Brighton and was for a while in charge of all the gardens etc - he designed a built the one opposite the big park, rockery style on a slope with waterfalls etc
Used to love a trip down to Brighton as a kid, hope you stay up for you but come down for me, easy to get to from where I live.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 01:40 - Feb 24 with 1520 viewstextbackup

I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 00:51 - Feb 24 by yesjohn99

Did we only know about the ticket situation when we got to Brighton?

i'm pretty sure that was the case, wasn't it? when you say brighton, you mean Eastbourne by the way.

I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 01:43 - Feb 24 with 1515 viewsyesjohn99

I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 01:40 - Feb 24 by textbackup

i'm pretty sure that was the case, wasn't it? when you say brighton, you mean Eastbourne by the way.

Do I? Bit hazy on this one then!

Some proper organisation went into that trip!
I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 01:50 - Feb 24 with 1510 viewstextbackup

I was working in Brighton today. Lovely part of the world. on 01:43 - Feb 24 by yesjohn99

Do I? Bit hazy on this one then!

Some proper organisation went into that trip!

yeah we stayed in Eastbourne. old person central!
also in regards to the tickets, I didn't get my name in the hat because I was banned from that game, when the club sent me a letter to wrong address but thought i'd still somehow receive it!
(which incidentally I did, and your dad let slip to mr david k, but nothing could be proved ) what a time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024