Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
74% want Mick to leave as the poll currently stands 20:55 - Feb 23 with 4136 viewsTrequartista

Could the final result be passed to Mick please as he is under the severe delusion that only a small minority want him to go?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

74% want Mick to leave as the poll currently stands on 01:35 - Feb 24 with 1292 viewsBiGDonnie

74% want Mick to leave as the poll currently stands on 21:26 - Feb 23 by Schmoke

Said the grown man pretending to be a moose entrepreneur on a football forum patrolled by pseudo intellectual, middle aged men who love nothing more than attempting to belittle one another based on their choice of political party and cheese.

Brilliant.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

74% want Mick to leave as the poll currently stands on 07:11 - Feb 24 with 1246 viewsmichaeldownunder

Maybe Phil can help me with this

The 74% out voters
How many people regularly read the TWTD site? rather than how many people are signed up to it?

How does that compare with the No. of fans who went to the Burton or Cardiff game, that is people thru the turnstyles rather than season ticket holders and walk ins.

Just asking as I find % very misleading.
74% want Mick to leave as the poll currently stands on 07:30 - Feb 24 with 1223 viewsvapour_trail

When mick talks about a small minority I’m pretty sure he’s referring to those that abuse him and his team whilst they’re going about their work. Doubtless there’s a correlation with those that abuse him on here.

For the most part, they’re thick as pigsh1t.

People wanting him to move on is different altogether. I want a change but when mick goes he’ll leave with my thanks for sorting the club out and my very best wishes.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

74% want Mick to leave as the poll currently stands on 08:30 - Feb 24 with 1205 viewsblueconscience

74% want Mick to leave as the poll currently stands on 20:56 - Feb 23 by artsbossbeard

It's just a few internet nerds, in fairness.

Bet you wouldn’t say that if is was 74% for him to stay.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

74% want Mick to leave as the poll currently stands on 08:33 - Feb 24 with 1203 viewsHerbivore

74% want Mick to leave as the poll currently stands on 07:30 - Feb 24 by vapour_trail

When mick talks about a small minority I’m pretty sure he’s referring to those that abuse him and his team whilst they’re going about their work. Doubtless there’s a correlation with those that abuse him on here.

For the most part, they’re thick as pigsh1t.

People wanting him to move on is different altogether. I want a change but when mick goes he’ll leave with my thanks for sorting the club out and my very best wishes.

Yep, this. I said similar yesterday. The numbers who desperately want him gone immediately and who are vocal about it are undeniably a minority still, the largest proportion of fans think he's done a good job but feel his time here is at an end and would like a new man for next season, another minority then wants him to stay. He's referring the the vocal minority. He'll not be worried about them too much, he'll feel he can still win back the majority with better performances and results which he thinks he can achieve if he has a fully fit squad.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

74% want Mick to leave as the poll currently stands on 08:35 - Feb 24 with 1199 viewsartsbossbeard

74% want Mick to leave as the poll currently stands on 08:30 - Feb 24 by blueconscience

Bet you wouldn’t say that if is was 74% for him to stay.

Why wouldn't I?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

74% want Mick to leave as the poll currently stands on 08:36 - Feb 24 with 1194 viewsblueconscience

74% want Mick to leave as the poll currently stands on 08:35 - Feb 24 by artsbossbeard

Why wouldn't I?

Because it would fit your agenda of wanting Mick to stay forever.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

74% want Mick to leave as the poll currently stands on 08:39 - Feb 24 with 1193 viewsDubtractor

I want him to go, but why would anyone wave the results of this in his face?

Would be a pretty crappy thing to do wouldn't it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

74% want Mick to leave as the poll currently stands on 08:39 - Feb 24 with 1191 viewsartsbossbeard

74% want Mick to leave as the poll currently stands on 08:36 - Feb 24 by blueconscience

Because it would fit your agenda of wanting Mick to stay forever.

Find a post from me where I've said this or something similar.

I'll wait.

Or, I can save you the time and accept your apology now.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

74% want Mick to leave as the poll currently stands on 08:44 - Feb 24 with 1177 viewsReuser_is_God

74% want Mick to leave as the poll currently stands on 08:39 - Feb 24 by Dubtractor

This.

If the club wanted to know what the fans thoughts were on the subject they’d run their own poll.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

74% want Mick to leave as the poll currently stands on 08:45 - Feb 24 with 1174 viewsartsbossbeard

74% want Mick to leave as the poll currently stands on 08:39 - Feb 24 by artsbossbeard

I'll wait.

Any luck?

74% want Mick to leave as the poll currently stands on 11:00 - Feb 24 with 1141 viewsTrequartista

74% want Mick to leave as the poll currently stands on 08:39 - Feb 24 by Dubtractor

It's a bit unpleasant I suppose, and maybe there is a subtle way of doing it, but he's the one who has picked this fight, he's not a snowflake.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

74% want Mick to leave as the poll currently stands on 13:13 - Feb 24 with 1108 viewsartsbossbeard

74% want Mick to leave as the poll currently stands on 08:39 - Feb 24 by artsbossbeard

I'll wait.

BUMP.

74% want Mick to leave as the poll currently stands on 13:38 - Feb 24 with 1082 viewsDarth_Koont

On his merits as a manager, I'm on the fence whether Mick should stay or not. He's done a good job running the football side of things and making us competitive for our budget. But the price of that seems to be a pragmatic style which isn't fun when we're not winning and/or when the opposition gets the upper hand in games. Is there another manager who can come in and keep us competitive with a little more style? Maybe and maybe it's worth trying after 5 years.

The other part of this is how Mick may well have been moving to a more entertaining style himself but the disastrous series of injuries and long-term absences in midfield caused him to revert to a crude and sometimes effective Plan D for much of this season. So certainly could be convinced of the argument to give him a further year with the team he was building towards.

So yes, I can see the pros and cons as pretty much 50:50 ... and I'm sure the majority of fans probably are on one side or the other of this middle ground rather than extreme In or extreme Out.

HOWEVER, the atmosphere around the club, at games and before and after on here is horrible. There is a vocal minority that want him out and seem utterly unmoved by a slightly more nuanced view and the context of Mick's job, Evans's responsibility, and football as a whole. It's sucking any enjoyment out.

I'm aware that the context isn't going away and they'll likely turn on the next manager if results don't go well (maybe even before if they make a snap judgement based on their expectations and prejudices) but now I want Mick to go so that we can maybe get a break from all that for a few months at least.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024