Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
State of the Pitch 23:38 - Feb 23 with 1947 viewsblue75

Is our poor pitch down to the under soil heating? As when Ferguson was here he used the air bag and choose not to have under soil heating as he said it wasn’t good for the grass heat should come down not up type thing I think. I remember seeing them working on the pitch under the air bag one of its advantages. I know we had to have under soil heating fitted but if it’s not as good as the air bag, surely it would be best to use the bag for the pitches sake?

Poll: Should McCarthy be sacked after telling Ipswich fans where to go?

State of the Pitch on 23:40 - Feb 23 with 1938 viewsblaggers

I'm pretty certain we don't have undersoil heating, hence the debacle of the Middlesbro game a few years ago.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/16884370

Poll: What happens next?

State of the Pitch on 23:42 - Feb 23 with 1933 viewsbournemouthblue

I didn't think we had under soil heating?

it maybe a requirement of the Premier League after a few seasons there?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

State of the Pitch on 00:04 - Feb 24 with 1897 viewsHARRY10

I think it's just another symptom of the constant cost cutting.

'Treatments' to the grass cost money in both materials and labour - as I would expect excellent ground staff. I don't blame the present chap/lot as they are under the same financial constraints as elsewhere in the club.

My concern is that the further we slide the more it will cost to get us back to where we once were before Evans.
State of the Pitch on 08:13 - Feb 24 with 1762 viewsRegencyBlue

State of the Pitch on 00:04 - Feb 24 by HARRY10

I think it's just another symptom of the constant cost cutting.

'Treatments' to the grass cost money in both materials and labour - as I would expect excellent ground staff. I don't blame the present chap/lot as they are under the same financial constraints as elsewhere in the club.

My concern is that the further we slide the more it will cost to get us back to where we once were before Evans.

This!
State of the Pitch on 12:52 - Feb 24 with 1627 viewsFreddies_Ears

We don't have undersoil heating. It has been a relatively cold and relatively wet winter.
State of the Pitch on 13:04 - Feb 24 with 1607 viewsDubtractor

State of the Pitch on 12:52 - Feb 24 by Freddies_Ears

We don't have undersoil heating. It has been a relatively cold and relatively wet winter.

This is the simple fact of the matter.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

State of the Pitch on 13:11 - Feb 24 with 1598 viewsjas0999

We don’t have under soil heating. What we do have is an anonymous owner who hasn’t been investing in key areas of the club for some time. The playing squad and the pitch being just two examples.
State of the Pitch on 13:14 - Feb 24 with 1588 viewsPhilTWTD

State of the Pitch on 13:04 - Feb 24 by Dubtractor

This is the simple fact of the matter.

And a lot of games in January. Two FA Youth Cup and two Premier League Cup games - one of which was played in heavy rain and did most of the damage - in addition to first-team matches.
Login to get fewer ads

State of the Pitch on 13:16 - Feb 24 with 1579 viewsDubtractor

State of the Pitch on 13:14 - Feb 24 by PhilTWTD

And a lot of games in January. Two FA Youth Cup and two Premier League Cup games - one of which was played in heavy rain and did most of the damage - in addition to first-team matches.

The SAR stand cuts out almost all the daytime sun over December and January too.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

State of the Pitch on 13:20 - Feb 24 with 1565 viewsPhilTWTD

State of the Pitch on 13:16 - Feb 24 by Dubtractor

The SAR stand cuts out almost all the daytime sun over December and January too.

If there's a game played in heavy rain this time of year it always destroys the pitch, which has needed work at a deep level for many years. One of those jobs which has always been pencilled in to be done after promotion.
State of the Pitch on 13:55 - Feb 24 with 1526 viewsmonty_radio

I don't think this season has broken any weather records. Football has always been played in the winter. The stands have stood for a long time. Proper grass-care is the answer.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

State of the Pitch on 15:45 - Feb 24 with 1417 viewsBanburyBlue

I think the pitch was overwatered in the first few months of the season and the last few months have seen high rain levels so that means total saturation! The key to grass care is pretty simple Aeration and Light. The back of the north stand has air vents which are covered with tarpaulin not sure these are used?

Banbury Blue Back in Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024