Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there gonna be a lot of room in that away end again? 09:08 - Feb 24 with 958 viewsMullet

Wonder if it will be a bit like that cup game where Garner got his hat trick? Maybe only a couple of few hundred there.

In terms of play that'd mean a cracking ding dong game, but I reckon we'll draw today, PNE seem to be turning that into an art form so we'll probably agree to another one.

3-4-3 again against their 4-2-3-1? You drop any of the front three for Garner and Waghorn in my opinion, Celina isn't quite of the level Lawrence and Fraser were is he? But I think with Fisher out there's a hole there for him to pick at. Certainly another goal of the season like last year would be welcome.

Would like to see CCV take Moult in hand today, he's been superb in covering it'd be nice to see some of Webster's passing come off so we need one of the senior strikers' to win headers. Thought he looked better on Wednesday and even had the chance to run a bit rather than just look up and aim for a runner.

Hopefully more of the first choice players are fit enough now to start I think you can forgive Mick making a few changes again for today given what he had left after the derby. Don't see a win coming easily whatever happens.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Is there gonna be a lot of room in that away end again? on 09:24 - Feb 24 with 918 viewsDubtractor

Hopefully for those of you there it will reflect the second half of the home game and not the first.

That first half was such a desperately poor spectacle, but second half we took them apart.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Is there gonna be a lot of room in that away end again? on 09:37 - Feb 24 with 889 viewsMullet

Is there gonna be a lot of room in that away end again? on 09:24 - Feb 24 by Dubtractor

Hopefully for those of you there it will reflect the second half of the home game and not the first.

That first half was such a desperately poor spectacle, but second half we took them apart.

True, but most games are like that for a midtable team. I just hope we don't give a soft goal away as seems to be fairly regular up there in the last decade.

I think central midfield looks suspect for them given who's been available recently. If CC is fit and firing and Skuse can limit Pearson's effectiveness we stand a good chance. All depends how Mick chooses to go, 4-2-3-1 has after all been his preferred but can't imagine he'll drop any of the CB's. Chambers back to RB would be more likely in that case I'd have thought.

Is there gonna be a lot of room in that away end again? on 10:06 - Feb 24 with 843 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Was f*cking freezing that night, having a hundred or so Town fans spread across pretty much the whole end didn’t help!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Is there gonna be a lot of room in that away end again? on 10:07 - Feb 24 with 836 viewscbower

It's a long drive so it will be sparse. Some were complimentary about Sears on Weds night but I thought other than once or twice he was ineffectual despite his 100% effort. Really don't want to see him start. Ward deserves another go for me. Hyam did ok but with Skuse he limits creativity. Connolly will be back but Gleeson should be in contention too. The most interesting one for me is Webster and CCV. Both are playing well and neither desreved to be dropped. Does this force Mick's hand? You're right about Celina. He is no Lawrence, let alone Ryan Fraser. Can't see him at City next year but we won't be in that market neither. Expect it to be pretty cold too.

bluescouser

Is there gonna be a lot of room in that away end again? on 10:09 - Feb 24 with 824 viewsMullet

Is there gonna be a lot of room in that away end again? on 10:06 - Feb 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Was f*cking freezing that night, having a hundred or so Town fans spread across pretty much the whole end didn’t help!

I'm putting my thermals on and I don't care what that makes me. I'll be making sure Snr sits as a windbreak I think today.

Is there gonna be a lot of room in that away end again? on 10:10 - Feb 24 with 817 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Away end holds 6000. Think last season we took 700 and it felt very sparse then filling half of the middle row only.
Is there gonna be a lot of room in that away end again? on 10:13 - Feb 24 with 805 viewsMullet

Is there gonna be a lot of room in that away end again? on 10:07 - Feb 24 by cbower

It's a long drive so it will be sparse. Some were complimentary about Sears on Weds night but I thought other than once or twice he was ineffectual despite his 100% effort. Really don't want to see him start. Ward deserves another go for me. Hyam did ok but with Skuse he limits creativity. Connolly will be back but Gleeson should be in contention too. The most interesting one for me is Webster and CCV. Both are playing well and neither desreved to be dropped. Does this force Mick's hand? You're right about Celina. He is no Lawrence, let alone Ryan Fraser. Can't see him at City next year but we won't be in that market neither. Expect it to be pretty cold too.

Was baffled when my City mates all slated him and called him a showpony with no pace etc. (levels!) but I feel for him, not just because I've tipped him for awhile. He's had neither the experience those two had nor the athleticism so he will end up more like Kinkladze did at times.

I'd go with Ward as I am a bit of a fan, and he seems to have an all-rounder element the others don't. He was putting assists in too at the start of the season so we need that returning from him.

I hate 3 CB's but would rather they all play if in better form than a given CM struggling.

Is there gonna be a lot of room in that away end again? on 10:30 - Feb 24 with 771 viewscbower

Is there gonna be a lot of room in that away end again? on 10:13 - Feb 24 by Mullet

Was baffled when my City mates all slated him and called him a showpony with no pace etc. (levels!) but I feel for him, not just because I've tipped him for awhile. He's had neither the experience those two had nor the athleticism so he will end up more like Kinkladze did at times.

I'd go with Ward as I am a bit of a fan, and he seems to have an all-rounder element the others don't. He was putting assists in too at the start of the season so we need that returning from him.

I hate 3 CB's but would rather they all play if in better form than a given CM struggling.

The trouble with the three cb's is not them perse. Ccv and Webster are comfortable with the ball and can certainly play that way. Unfortunately, the rest of the available players don't really suit it. Full backs aren't good enough as wing backs, no (available) central midfielders comfortable enough receiving the ball from defenders on the half turn and a lack of real pace anywhere in the team. Celina lacks explosive pace but lately he seems more reluctant to take his man on and pull the trigger too. On Weds in the first half he had the opportunity to take on Bamba (I think) in a one on one situation to get in on goal and slowed a little and tried to pass to Sears (and failed). Said alot to me about guts. Seemed like he saw the man mountain and bottled it somewhat. It was tailor made to skip round him and shoot.

bluescouser

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024