Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When do you want Mick to go? 09:31 - Feb 24 with 3049 viewsBluefish

When do you want Mick to go?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

When do you want Mick to go? on 09:37 - Feb 24 with 3013 viewsBenters2

Now.
End of.
When do you want Mick to go? on 09:40 - Feb 24 with 3005 viewsHerbivore

Where is the 'never' option?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

When do you want Mick to go? on 09:53 - Feb 24 with 2979 viewsFixed_It

When do you want Mick to go? on 09:37 - Feb 24 by Benters2

Now.
End of.

Balls.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

When do you want Mick to go? on 09:55 - Feb 24 with 2972 viewsBluefish

When do you want Mick to go? on 09:37 - Feb 24 by Benters2

Now.
End of.

I'm interested to hear from anyone and is desperate for him to go now and the reason for it? Results? Points? Naughty words? Team selection?

What would you do until the end of the season? Appoint out of work manager? caretaker? Hope to get someone to leave at this stage?

When do you want Mick to go? on 10:01 - Feb 24 with 2950 viewswkj

Mick got us out of the s**t, and for that I think he has done a fine job- Though we need to evolve and get fans back on side, and make that 30-odd quid a game seem more exciting for the people on the fence, and for that we need someone who can put ME under pressure and echo the sentiment that we need a bit more if we are to go further.

That in my opinion is the issue with MM, He has a good thing going here, but it seems from the outside looking in, that a large part of this is due to him being loyal to Evans and doing what he's told.

In short, I am kind of taking the Clegg approach, the metaphorical turnstiles needs a new coat of paint.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

When do you want Mick to go? on 10:04 - Feb 24 with 2935 viewsJ2BLUE

I want it announced very soon that he is going at the end of the season. I hope he gets a warm send off and even the most hostile fans mellow a little bit knowing it is the end.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

When do you want Mick to go? on 10:37 - Feb 24 with 2889 viewsBluefish

When do you want Mick to go? on 09:55 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

I'm interested to hear from anyone and is desperate for him to go now and the reason for it? Results? Points? Naughty words? Team selection?

What would you do until the end of the season? Appoint out of work manager? caretaker? Hope to get someone to leave at this stage?

Benters, just draw a picture if you can't manage to answer with words
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 10:46]

When do you want Mick to go? on 11:35 - Feb 24 with 2838 viewsFtnfwest

I would have thought it’s better to get someone in now if possible to assess the squad prior to the end of the season. Trouble is certainly most of the lower league ‘up and coming’ coaches aren’t likely to leave before then (at least not the ones we’d want) and I think that’s the type of boss we should be going for. The one more experienced type who is available now is Warburton who I think would be worth a punt.
The only way out of this dead end we’re in at the moment is to somehow revitalise the style of football and approach off the pitch at the same time. MM would probably keep us in this division for a couple more years or longer but achieving nothing and playing to ever decreasing crowds.
A more forward looking and innovative approach just seems to me to be the only hope of essentially creating something out of nothing and getting interest back into the club, which there’s more chance of I would suspect with a younger manager.
Somebody like that would also I think try to invigorate things off the pitch as well which seem a bit Stone Age as well.
Gamble yes maybe, but the alternative....
Login to get fewer ads

When do you want Mick to go? on 11:36 - Feb 24 with 2836 viewsFtnfwest

I forgot, hows the pup?
When do you want Mick to go? on 11:51 - Feb 24 with 2815 viewsBluefish

When do you want Mick to go? on 11:36 - Feb 24 by Ftnfwest

I forgot, hows the pup?

We are getting there now. Still ups and downs with training but getting in routines which is helpful. The 1st couple of weeks were hard but turns out she had a bad belly so wasn't her fault. She is a beauty, laid up after my surgery so I am really missing being able to take her for walks

When do you want Mick to go? on 12:11 - Feb 24 with 2791 viewsFtnfwest

When do you want Mick to go? on 11:51 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

We are getting there now. Still ups and downs with training but getting in routines which is helpful. The 1st couple of weeks were hard but turns out she had a bad belly so wasn't her fault. She is a beauty, laid up after my surgery so I am really missing being able to take her for walks

Good to hear and hope you’re fully back to normal soon. Ours is 20 weeks now, wifey and daughter take him training which seems to be going ok. We all do a bit of train8ng with him at home as well, he’s still a bit bitey and jumpy but getting better.
When do you want Mick to go? on 12:16 - Feb 24 with 2783 viewsBluefish

When do you want Mick to go? on 12:11 - Feb 24 by Ftnfwest

Good to hear and hope you’re fully back to normal soon. Ours is 20 weeks now, wifey and daughter take him training which seems to be going ok. We all do a bit of train8ng with him at home as well, he’s still a bit bitey and jumpy but getting better.

We are 14 weeks now. The biting is much better but she needs reminding with toys. They completely take over but are incredible creatures. The wife wasn't keen but has completely fallen in love.

When do you want Mick to go? on 19:34 - Feb 24 with 2689 viewsBluefish

When do you want Mick to go? on 20:59 - Feb 24 with 2637 viewspowinswitch

When do you want Mick to go? on 09:55 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

I a man looking forward to him going. I haven’t voted as the option ‘yesterday’ is not available. Why do I want him to go. Because I no longer enjoy attending matches. Now there is nothing else that has ever surpassed watching Ipswich Town, except my love for my family. But this last two, two and a half years, have been painful viewing, with odd glimpses of something better. Not much better, just a little. I like winning as much as the next man, and that’s wh6 there were few complaints early season when we were winning. But people hark back t9 thos3 games, because we weren’t good. We just won. Now, with an honourable exception today, we aint winn8ng, and it’s awful to watch. I am grateful to him for keeping us up, and he leaves us with a better squad, if h3 goes. Thanks for the initial year or so, but go now, so we can all remember you with fondness
When do you want Mick to go? on 09:47 - Feb 25 with 2553 viewsBluefish

When do you want Mick to go? on 11:56 - Mar 7 with 2403 viewsBluefish

Funny how it ended up with 52% on that side. It almost like that is how the country is divided. Long live the 48%

When do you want Mick to go? on 11:58 - Mar 7 with 2393 viewsKeaneish

Another. I want him to go when we're mathematically safe, which is pretty soon!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

When do you want Mick to go? on 12:17 - Mar 7 with 2360 viewsTIB

ONE MOR EYEAR!!! ONE MORE YEAR!!!

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

When do you want Mick to go? on 12:36 - Mar 7 with 2330 viewswitchdoctor

When do you want Mick to go? on 11:56 - Mar 7 by Bluefish

Funny how it ended up with 52% on that side. It almost like that is how the country is divided. Long live the 48%

80% don’t want him here next season...that’s fairly conclusive ‘eh?
When do you want Mick to go? on 12:42 - Mar 7 with 2318 viewsBluefish

When do you want Mick to go? on 12:36 - Mar 7 by witchdoctor

I don't expect you to understand this but there is a difference between not wanting him here and thinking that it might be time to move on

When do you want Mick to go? on 12:57 - Mar 7 with 2304 viewsCurrie10

When do you want Mick to go? on 12:36 - Mar 7 by witchdoctor

Maybe the same were desperate for Pulis to go and now WBA are down, will have to do the lottery of the championship.

Think Mick's done a good job for the most part and more than happy to give him another year or two - especially given the peanuts our chairman is going to release.

Ignoring all other seasons, lets take this at a glance at this.

Summer recruitment - very good on a budget.
Injuries - bucket loads to all positions, especially defence over the start of season.

We're doing alright! Style of play is garbage but cest la vie. Can't have it all!
When do you want Mick to go? on 13:51 - Mar 7 with 2254 viewsTIB

When do you want Mick to go? on 12:57 - Mar 7 by Currie10

Maybe the same were desperate for Pulis to go and now WBA are down, will have to do the lottery of the championship.

Think Mick's done a good job for the most part and more than happy to give him another year or two - especially given the peanuts our chairman is going to release.

Ignoring all other seasons, lets take this at a glance at this.

Summer recruitment - very good on a budget.
Injuries - bucket loads to all positions, especially defence over the start of season.

We're doing alright! Style of play is garbage but cest la vie. Can't have it all!

I'd have him another season if he gets given some funds to bring in some good players like he did last summer. We're on the brink of playoffs having had a lot of injuries this year and home games half empty with a lot of disillusioned fans (which reflects in our home form).

I'm not sure how or if he can win back the fans and it seems Evans has a big decision to make...give Mick more time and deal with low attendances but know he can trust him with a budget and keep the team up / probably get them into the playoffs...OR...bring in someone else to bring back the fans but risk a budget / staying in the league.

Question, if Mick did change style for better would fans come back?
[Post edited 7 Mar 2018 13:52]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024