Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UK meat scandal? 10:30 - Feb 24 with 17239 viewsunbelievablue

Maybe Callis was right all along.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/23/fear-of-uk-meat-scandal-as-data-sh

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

UK meat scandal? on 10:31 - Feb 24 with 6020 viewswkj

"Fear of meat scandal as data shows hygiene breaches at over half UK plants"

I am confused, is it meat that is being breached, or is it plants?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

UK meat scandal? on 10:34 - Feb 24 with 6006 viewsmonytowbray

I think it was Paul McCartney who said if slaughterhouses had glass walls less people would feel comfortable eating animals.

A lot of this “organic free range” thing is a marketing ploy, and in fairness a good one as it has worked for years. Not saying it all is, but all these animals wind up on the same killing machine.

I saw a video last week of male chicks being conveyored into a blender. That’s what you support when you buy eggs in the shop regardless of where they came from.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

UK meat scandal? on 10:35 - Feb 24 with 6004 viewsDubtractor

I don't think there should be any doubt whatsover that factory farming, and the impacts of it (environmental, ethical, quality), are awful.

We (globally) need to eat less meat, and we need to be less wasteful with food in general.

Humans are pretty much a plague on the planet.

Go team humans!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

UK meat scandal? on 10:39 - Feb 24 with 5984 viewsmonytowbray

UK meat scandal? on 10:35 - Feb 24 by Dubtractor

I don't think there should be any doubt whatsover that factory farming, and the impacts of it (environmental, ethical, quality), are awful.

We (globally) need to eat less meat, and we need to be less wasteful with food in general.

Go team humans!

We are the problem on this planet for sure.

TWTD never forgets…

UK meat scandal? on 10:41 - Feb 24 with 5973 viewsJ2BLUE

Go team humans!

Can't really argue with any of that.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

UK meat scandal? on 10:47 - Feb 24 with 5958 viewsgerard1947

Go team humans!

Apparently more meat is consumed in the US than the rest of the world combined. Might have been beef?
UK meat scandal? on 10:49 - Feb 24 with 5948 viewsmonytowbray

UK meat scandal? on 10:47 - Feb 24 by gerard1947

Apparently more meat is consumed in the US than the rest of the world combined. Might have been beef?

That wouldn’t surprise me.

TWTD never forgets…

UK meat scandal? on 10:52 - Feb 24 with 5952 viewsBasuco

I saw a picture of Newmarket Pork shop (best sausages in East Anglia) from many years ago and it had pigs hanging from a rail where the window would have been. Now sausages cannot be hung on a hook in the shop, they have to be in a fridge at all times. The current owner said "somehow nobody died as a result of meat not kept in a fridge" We are far too hygienic these days and could be the reason for a rise in immune system disease.
Login to get fewer ads

UK meat scandal? on 10:55 - Feb 24 with 5940 viewsReuser_is_God

UK meat scandal? on 10:34 - Feb 24 by monytowbray

I think it was Paul McCartney who said if slaughterhouses had glass walls less people would feel comfortable eating animals.

A lot of this “organic free range” thing is a marketing ploy, and in fairness a good one as it has worked for years. Not saying it all is, but all these animals wind up on the same killing machine.

I saw a video last week of male chicks being conveyored into a blender. That’s what you support when you buy eggs in the shop regardless of where they came from.

When I buy eggs I support my love of omelettes.

Callis, a genuine question here rather than looking to kick off an argument....

All these fake vegan products, Cheeze & Facon etc. Surely these are absolutely horrendous for you given what they must be made of to make them like the real thing?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

UK meat scandal? on 11:05 - Feb 24 with 5904 viewsgerard1947

UK meat scandal? on 10:55 - Feb 24 by Reuser_is_God

All these fake vegan products, Cheeze & Facon etc. Surely these are absolutely horrendous for you given what they must be made of to make them like the real thing?

To be fair many of the alternatives are made of natural products, veggie cheese is cheese less the renet, vegan cheese I assume the milk element is soya or similar. Quorn is natural product that grows in a unnatural way. I saw a programme where a culture went which rapidly became a massive vat of quorn.

Meat is not a wholly natural product either, unless organic. Loads of antibiotic and other medicines residues remain in lots of meat.
UK meat scandal? on 11:11 - Feb 24 with 5866 viewschicoazul

UK meat scandal? on 10:39 - Feb 24 by monytowbray

We are the problem on this planet for sure.

Why are people who claim to be humane often so anti-human?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

UK meat scandal? on 11:14 - Feb 24 with 5872 viewsJ2BLUE

UK meat scandal? on 11:05 - Feb 24 by gerard1947

To be fair many of the alternatives are made of natural products, veggie cheese is cheese less the renet, vegan cheese I assume the milk element is soya or similar. Quorn is natural product that grows in a unnatural way. I saw a programme where a culture went which rapidly became a massive vat of quorn.

Meat is not a wholly natural product either, unless organic. Loads of antibiotic and other medicines residues remain in lots of meat.

Soy is highly controversial. I don't think either side can fully prove their point but I steer clear of it if possible.

Truly impaired.

UK meat scandal? on 11:16 - Feb 24 with 5868 viewsrosseden

UK meat scandal? on 11:05 - Feb 24 by gerard1947

if you ever got chance to go to a Quorn production plant, you would never eat the stuff, its vile.

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

UK meat scandal? on 11:30 - Feb 24 with 5847 viewsmonytowbray

UK meat scandal? on 11:14 - Feb 24 by J2BLUE

Soy is highly controversial. I don't think either side can fully prove their point but I steer clear of it if possible.

What’s controversial about soy?

TWTD never forgets…

UK meat scandal? on 12:01 - Feb 24 with 5813 viewsJ2BLUE

UK meat scandal? on 11:30 - Feb 24 by monytowbray

Google it and you'll find pages and pages on it. Not saying I believe it's as terrible as people say, especially in whole bean form, but the isolated protein might be an issue. Lyle McDonald who I trust and looks at evidence in extreme detail has recommended about 25g a day maximum which is still a fair bit and probably more than most people eat. Still something I don't want too much of. It's all down to containing isoflavones which might have the same effect as estrogen. As I say it's not entirely clear and i'm not saying I believe it fully but it's convincing enough to limit it.

Like most things it seems to be taking something natural, isolating one part of it and then spiking other foods with it which is the problem. Every product launched with a high protein version (Weetabix, Shreddies etc) seem to be spiked with soy.

Truly impaired.

UK meat scandal? on 12:05 - Feb 24 with 5805 viewsDubtractor

UK meat scandal? on 11:30 - Feb 24 by monytowbray

http://wwf.panda.org/what_we_do/footprint/agriculture/soy/soyreport/soy_and_defo

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

UK meat scandal? on 12:30 - Feb 24 with 5783 viewsmonytowbray

UK meat scandal? on 12:05 - Feb 24 by Dubtractor

http://wwf.panda.org/what_we_do/footprint/agriculture/soy/soyreport/soy_and_defo

There are deforestation issues with soy for sure, but still most of it goes on feeding animals. We're growing food to feed our food. If we cut out that middle man (or cow) soy usage would be much more efficient.

TWTD never forgets…

UK meat scandal? on 15:20 - Feb 24 with 5696 viewsgerard1947

UK meat scandal? on 11:16 - Feb 24 by rosseden

if you ever got chance to go to a Quorn production plant, you would never eat the stuff, its vile.

Never been to a Quorn plant but have been to abattoir, that's what's turn me into a veggie!
UK meat scandal? on 23:41 - Feb 24 with 5594 viewseireblue

UK meat scandal? on 11:11 - Feb 24 by chicoazul

Definition of often
: many times : frequently.

You are talking nonsense.
UK meat scandal? on 23:41 - Feb 24 with 5594 viewseireblue

UK meat scandal? on 10:55 - Feb 24 by Reuser_is_God

Cashew nuts, Wheat.
Have a down vote for talking sh1t on 23:47 - Feb 24 with 5591 viewsDyland

UK meat scandal? on 10:34 - Feb 24 by monytowbray

I agree with a lot of what you say on this subject but your last sentence would have made Goebbels proud.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Have a down vote for talking sh1t on 09:14 - Feb 25 with 5485 viewsmonytowbray

Have a down vote for talking sh1t on 23:47 - Feb 24 by Dyland

I agree with a lot of what you say on this subject but your last sentence would have made Goebbels proud.

I’d share the video but Phil has requested I don’t do that anymore as it upset too many people.

I find that depressing personally, I think if less people turned a blind eye to these things they might realise what they are funding and stop.

TWTD never forgets…

UK meat scandal? on 09:17 - Feb 25 with 5478 viewsmonytowbray

Because being “humane” and being “anti-human” are two different things.

TWTD never forgets…

UK meat scandal? on 09:50 - Feb 25 with 5447 viewsBackToRussia

UK meat scandal? on 10:47 - Feb 24 by gerard1947

You would need four planets if everyone consumed what the average American does. That's a fact.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

UK meat scandal? on 09:58 - Feb 25 with 5445 viewsbritbiker

Because the majority of humans are generally good most of the time, however there are a small percentage who are complete scum who believe the planet is their for their own greed. That can be from the bottom of society or the rich and wealthy. With regards to foid, unfortunately/fortunately everything is nicely gift wrapped for us in the shop so we can conveniently ignore any suffering that gone into producing it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024