Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today 11:30 - Feb 24 with 3931 viewsiamipswich

Another of his 'heat of the moment' tweets by the look of it.

It was the upside down ironically smiling emoji which he has since deleted.

Shame as I certainly think he's worth a start but the new shape makes it hard to accommodate him.

Poll: Who will return first?

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 11:33 - Feb 24 with 3405 viewsDennyx4

Think it will be the same eleven that started against Norwich
Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 11:36 - Feb 24 with 3380 viewsFtnfwest

Of course not, regardless of the tweeting the Cardiff loss was clearly his fault
Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 11:49 - Feb 24 with 3320 viewsOsborneOneNil

I wasn't at the Cardiff game, but lots on here said he was poor in that game. I only watched the Sky highlights.......interestingly, almost every clip involving us in a positive way included Celina.
Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 11:54 - Feb 24 with 3282 viewsBluefish

Anything else in the tweet?

I think he will definitely leave on January 1st

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 12:17 - Feb 24 with 3191 viewsBiGDonnie

Most talented player at the club. Any decent manager would play a system to suit him.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 12:20 - Feb 24 with 3174 viewsJ2BLUE

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 12:17 - Feb 24 by BiGDonnie

Most talented player at the club. Any decent manager would play a system to suit him.

To be fair w'd then have people saying we're building the side around someone who won't be here next year.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 12:23 - Feb 24 with 3163 viewsbluesym

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 12:20 - Feb 24 by J2BLUE

To be fair w'd then have people saying we're building the side around someone who won't be here next year.

Like we did with Tom Lawrence?

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 12:24 - Feb 24 with 3151 viewsJ2BLUE

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 12:23 - Feb 24 by bluesym

Like we did with Tom Lawrence?

Fair point but there wasn't the desperation to find fault in everything MM does back then.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 12:41 - Feb 24 with 3097 viewsPlums

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 11:49 - Feb 24 by OsborneOneNil

I wasn't at the Cardiff game, but lots on here said he was poor in that game. I only watched the Sky highlights.......interestingly, almost every clip involving us in a positive way included Celina.

I only saw the second half. He was our most influential attacking player and was working very hard. Not sure what people expect of a flair player on a cabbage patch of a pitch with little in the way of support.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 12:48 - Feb 24 with 3057 viewsLankHenners

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 11:49 - Feb 24 by OsborneOneNil

Goes to show that 'clips on youtube' isn't the best way of judging whether a player played well or not.

He was certainly involved a fair bit going forwards (as was Sears) but was very wasteful on several occasions and should have done a lot better in the positions he got himself into. Your man Skuse was denied a glorious assist because Celina made a complete hash of trying to round the 'keeper.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 12:51 - Feb 24 with 3033 viewsBluefish

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 12:48 - Feb 24 by LankHenners

Goes to show that 'clips on youtube' isn't the best way of judging whether a player played well or not.

He was certainly involved a fair bit going forwards (as was Sears) but was very wasteful on several occasions and should have done a lot better in the positions he got himself into. Your man Skuse was denied a glorious assist because Celina made a complete hash of trying to round the 'keeper.

Are you trying to say that sammy parkin (boooo) and tamas priskin (5 times more than rhodes) and not prolific goal scorers?

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 13:12 - Feb 24 with 2926 viewsartsbossbeard

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 12:17 - Feb 24 by BiGDonnie

Most talented, debatable but potentially correct.

Most likely to pick the wrong option, most certainly.

Most likely to ignore the runs of others to cut inside then lose it, most certainly.

Most likely not to track back his opposite number, most certainly.

But apart from the above, he's perfect for building a team around.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 13:34 - Feb 24 with 2836 viewsGarv

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 13:12 - Feb 24 by artsbossbeard

Most likely to ignore the runs of others to cut inside then lose it, most certainly.

Pick the wrong option = attempt a pass that isn't backwards or sideways.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 13:36 - Feb 24 with 2819 viewsBluefish

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 13:12 - Feb 24 by artsbossbeard

People on here seem to struggle to tell the difference between potential ability and effect on games. Skuse is currently better than Celina

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 13:41 - Feb 24 with 2789 viewsOsborneOneNil

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 13:36 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

People on here seem to struggle to tell the difference between potential ability and effect on games. Skuse is currently better than Celina

I almost bit.
Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 13:46 - Feb 24 with 2765 viewsOsborneOneNil

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 12:48 - Feb 24 by LankHenners

Definitely, clips will not tell the whole story, however, being involved in pretty much ALL that was good (for it to make the highlights) would suggest he is our biggest threat. Of course, when you have a player with this kind of ability and flair, he will on occasion appear to make the wrong decision or choice as he is attempting something above the 'safe zone', you know, trying to make things happen.

Good to hear Skuse played a forward pass, shame Bertie cocked up.
Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 13:50 - Feb 24 with 2742 viewsBluefish

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 13:41 - Feb 24 by OsborneOneNil

I almost bit.

But then you realised that it is true

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 13:57 - Feb 24 with 2698 viewsBiGDonnie

Players of his ilk will make the wrong decisions sometimes, but I’d rather they try something because occasionally it will come off and create something. What’s the point in having him here? Let’s chuck chambers up top, he’ll track back.

We’ve seen time and time again that having a side of proper blokes who track back and work hard rarely works.

It’s not just about shutting out the opposition and working hard, unbelievably, some sides set out to cause the opposition problems.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 14:02 - Feb 24 with 2647 viewsRonFearonsHair

I don't think Celina was poor per se. It was just extremely evident that he, Sears and Ward has spent very little time ever playing together as a front three. They completely lacked cohesion and were very much playing as individuals.
Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 14:31 - Feb 24 with 2495 viewsOsborneOneNil

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 13:50 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

But then you realised that it is true

Skuse is better than Celina? Not sure you can compare 2 players who are completely different.....I mean, one is exciting and makes things happen, is a footballer, the other....well, he's excellent at making interceptions.
Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 14:36 - Feb 24 with 2459 viewsJ2BLUE

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 14:31 - Feb 24 by OsborneOneNil

Skuse is better than Celina? Not sure you can compare 2 players who are completely different.....I mean, one is exciting and makes things happen, is a footballer, the other....well, he's excellent at making interceptions.

Don't bite mate.

Truly impaired.

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 14:45 - Feb 24 with 2420 viewsBluefish

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 14:36 - Feb 24 by J2BLUE

Don't bite mate.

Football chat j2

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 14:46 - Feb 24 with 2410 viewsBluefish

Don't bite mate.

Can a defender never be better than a winger? Obviously a winger will nearly always be quicker and more skilful and better at making things happen

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 15:41 - Feb 24 with 2248 viewsOsborneOneNil

Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 14:46 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

Can a defender never be better than a winger? Obviously a winger will nearly always be quicker and more skilful and better at making things happen

Better at what? Shooting, tackling, heading, winning games?

Can’t say really, can you.
Don't expect to see Celina in the starting XI today on 15:41 - Feb 24 with 2242 viewsOsborneOneNil

Don't bite mate.

It’s tricky
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024