Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Finidi vs Derby... 15:52 - Feb 24 with 2144 viewsAlexGreen

...Carayol vs Preston.

I've never seen two first half substitutions to counter one player before - he's been exceptional.

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Finidi vs Derby... on 15:57 - Feb 24 with 2048 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Shame he was doing a different sort of runs on Wednesday....

Poll: Our final position

Finidi vs Derby... on 16:24 - Feb 24 with 1917 viewsLord_Lucan

That Finidi Derby game really screws with my head.

My tiny brain is convinced I saw it in the North Stand but apparently the NS wasn't open that day as it was a pile of rubble.

I remain convinced I was in the NS and saw him put on a cowboy hat when he scored.

By the way, despite all the stupid jibes from here I maintain that Finidi was a blooming great player for us - as was Sereni.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Finidi vs Derby... on 16:25 - Feb 24 with 1897 viewshomer_123

Finidi vs Derby... on 16:24 - Feb 24 by Lord_Lucan

My tiny brain is convinced I saw it in the North Stand but apparently the NS wasn't open that day as it was a pile of rubble.

I remain convinced I was in the NS and saw him put on a cowboy hat when he scored.

By the way, despite all the stupid jibes from here I maintain that Finidi was a blooming great player for us - as was Sereni.

Had Finidi not gone to the African Nations things might have been different.

Quality player.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Finidi vs Derby... on 16:50 - Feb 24 with 1803 viewsRoyKeanesDog

I remember watching the game with you in the Britannia Stand. What a game though. I thought we were going to win the Prem.

Poll: Best Football Song

Finidi vs Derby... on 16:54 - Feb 24 with 1772 viewsSuperfrans

He definitely had his moments. His Opta stats were the best they’d ever seen for that Derby match weren’t they. I can see Burley’s excitement in the post match interview even now.

I think his problem was that he never quite lived up to that initial excitement again.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Finidi vs Derby... on 16:58 - Feb 24 with 1723 viewsPendejo

Pretty sure the North Stand opened the season before because I watched the Newcastle game 2000/2001 from it

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Finidi vs Derby... on 16:59 - Feb 24 with 1713 viewshomer_123

Finidi vs Derby... on 16:54 - Feb 24 by Superfrans

He definitely had his moments. His Opta stats were the best they’d ever seen for that Derby match weren’t they. I can see Burley’s excitement in the post match interview even now.

I think his problem was that he never quite lived up to that initial excitement again.

He did though, see my post below.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Finidi vs Derby... on 16:59 - Feb 24 with 1706 viewsAlexGreen

I was in the Churchmans Upper - I remember him wheeling away to our right with two hats being thrown from the Britannia. It's up there with Armstrong's header vs Inter as two unforgettable moments from that tragic season

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Login to get fewer ads

Finidi vs Derby... on 17:06 - Feb 24 with 1658 viewsbluelou

They were both great players for us.
Don't let the revisionists convince you otherwise.

After a season As disappointing as that people look for someone to blame but we so so very very close to staying up after that run after Xmas and if we had done then it would have been a very different story. Statistically if you stay up for two seasons then you stay at least 5.

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Finidi vs Derby... on 17:24 - Feb 24 with 1577 viewsSomethingBlue

Finidi vs Derby... on 16:58 - Feb 24 by Pendejo

Pretty sure the North Stand opened the season before because I watched the Newcastle game 2000/2001 from it

It closed after 2000/01.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Finidi vs Derby... on 17:26 - Feb 24 with 1563 viewshoppy

That's often the way with youngsters like that...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Finidi vs Derby... on 17:38 - Feb 24 with 1505 viewscharlie1

At the time I recall watching Burleys interview and thinking that I didn’t like the look of that excitement at all.

The previous season he’d been his usual composed, understated self and his interviews were always about how 40 points was the target, and anything on top was a bonus. Kept the players calm and let the fans get excited.

Then we have Finidis debut and George was gushing and animated, massively raising expectations.

It didn’t suit him at all and I thought at the time that it was a bad sign.
Finidi vs Derby... on 17:41 - Feb 24 with 1472 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Finidi vs Derby... on 17:24 - Feb 24 by SomethingBlue

It closed after 2000/01.

Yeah this. Was there for our first season back in the Prem, but closed during the following season when we went down

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Finidi vs Derby... on 17:45 - Feb 24 with 1445 viewsconnorscontract

Finidi vs Derby... on 16:25 - Feb 24 by homer_123

Had Finidi not gone to the African Nations things might have been different.

Quality player.

And also sometimes shockingly bad, but I agree with your point re the Africa Cup of Nations.
Finidi vs Derby... on 17:54 - Feb 24 with 1406 viewsParisBlue

Finidi vs Derby... on 16:59 - Feb 24 by AlexGreen

I was in the Churchmans Upper - I remember him wheeling away to our right with two hats being thrown from the Britannia. It's up there with Armstrong's header vs Inter as two unforgettable moments from that tragic season

Charlton the following Saturday and Kevin Lisbie's freak volley was the start of the problems. We battered them that day - I still remember Reuser sitting down on the pitch for about 5 minutes after the final whistle.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Finidi vs Derby... on 17:55 - Feb 24 with 1398 viewsSuperfrans

Finidi vs Derby... on 17:38 - Feb 24 by charlie1

At the time I recall watching Burleys interview and thinking that I didn’t like the look of that excitement at all.

The previous season he’d been his usual composed, understated self and his interviews were always about how 40 points was the target, and anything on top was a bonus. Kept the players calm and let the fans get excited.

Then we have Finidis debut and George was gushing and animated, massively raising expectations.

It didn’t suit him at all and I thought at the time that it was a bad sign.

True enough. Something definitely happened to Burley after that first season in the Premiership. He seeemed to start believing his own hype.

He came to a London support restaurant event before the first season back in the Championship, so just after we got relegated, and he was just too bullish. He was talking about us getting promoted with 100 goals, 100 points. He just seeemed too confident. Not good.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024