Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good win 16:59 - Feb 24 with 2156 viewsTrequartista

Decent away performance, bit too much hoofing when we should be keeping the ball, but job done, deserved to win. Difficult to see how Preston have been doing so well lately but I guess we made them look ordinary.

Nothing changes long-term, Mick out, Evans spend or sell.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Good win on 17:03 - Feb 24 with 2137 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

On the spending. You said something the other night about putting in the required amount. How much is that?

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Good win on 17:13 - Feb 24 with 2106 viewsHennikerBlu

Yes attack v defence second half. Pace from midfield attack lacking after Carayol going off. Plus so many off sides when the ball needed to be held up to allow the less pacier players to join but that has been the story of the season.

Well done, superb first half from Carayol, very organised defensively, strong back three and a deserved result.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 17:14]
Good win on 17:19 - Feb 24 with 2074 viewsTrequartista

Good win on 17:03 - Feb 24 by WestStanderLaLaLa

On the spending. You said something the other night about putting in the required amount. How much is that?

Not expecting to match Wolves and the parachute clubs, but to match the likes of Sheffield Wednesday, Bristol City, Cardiff etc.

Good win on 17:22 - Feb 24 with 2059 viewsElderGrizzly

Good win on 17:19 - Feb 24 by Trequartista

Not expecting to match Wolves and the parachute clubs, but to match the likes of Sheffield Wednesday, Bristol City, Cardiff etc.

So about £10m a season more than now, or lose £15m a season?
Good win on 17:24 - Feb 24 with 2047 viewsgt81

Good win on 17:19 - Feb 24 by Trequartista

Didn't Sheff Wed pay £10m on one player in Rhodes? Crazy.
Good win on 17:25 - Feb 24 with 2042 viewsTrequartista

Good win on 17:22 - Feb 24 by ElderGrizzly

So about £10m a season more than now, or lose £15m a season?

If that's what it takes. It's absolutely heartbreaking watching tinpot clubs like Burnley, Bournemouth, Brighton and Huddersfield in the top division and watching the likes of Bristol City and Hull becoming bigger clubs. And potentially Barnsley if they stay up.

Good win on 17:33 - Feb 24 with 2001 viewsTrequartista

Good win on 17:24 - Feb 24 by gt81

Didn't Sheff Wed pay £10m on one player in Rhodes? Crazy.

A bit of a one-off gamble, not advocating that obviously

Good win on 17:36 - Feb 24 with 1988 viewsgt81

Good win on 17:33 - Feb 24 by Trequartista

I'd be happy if Evans put £10m into the entire first team squad. So long as it isn't Keane or Jewell spending it I'm sure someone could build the nucleus of a strong side that could challenge at the sharp end of the table.
Login to get fewer ads

Good win on 17:36 - Feb 24 with 1986 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Good win on 17:33 - Feb 24 by Trequartista

So you want us to spend like Sheffield Wednesday, but not like Sheffield Wednesday?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Good win on 18:30 - Feb 24 with 1904 viewsTrequartista

Good win on 17:36 - Feb 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

So you want us to spend like Sheffield Wednesday, but not like Sheffield Wednesday?

I just said that transfer was a one off mister smart arse.

Good win on 18:40 - Feb 24 with 1891 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Good win on 18:30 - Feb 24 by Trequartista

I just said that transfer was a one off mister smart arse.

So you’ll just settle for an Adam Reach for c£5m then? Or to use your Bristol City example, a Diédhiou for £5-6m?

Or are they one-offs too?

Good win on 18:44 - Feb 24 with 1882 viewsTrequartista

Good win on 18:40 - Feb 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

So you’ll just settle for an Adam Reach for c£5m then? Or to use your Bristol City example, a Diédhiou for £5-6m?

Or are they one-offs too?

Yes and yes, no.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 18:44]

Good win on 18:46 - Feb 24 with 1864 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Good win on 18:44 - Feb 24 by Trequartista

Yes and yes, no.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 18:44]

Ok good, we’d better supplement them with a few more £2-3m players a season too I guess

Thing is I don’t necessarily disagree - that’s what we need to compete and I think most fans would want that ideally. Just goes to show what a job Mick has done to compete without those resources, I guess

Good win on 20:43 - Feb 24 with 1745 viewsTrequartista

Good win on 18:46 - Feb 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Ok good, we’d better supplement them with a few more £2-3m players a season too I guess

Thing is I don’t necessarily disagree - that’s what we need to compete and I think most fans would want that ideally. Just goes to show what a job Mick has done to compete without those resources, I guess

No idea what your point was then. I think Mick did very well up to December 2015, although the playing field was more level then, only the parachute sides had any real advantage.

Good win on 22:14 - Feb 24 with 1679 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Good win on 20:43 - Feb 24 by Trequartista

No idea what your point was then. I think Mick did very well up to December 2015, although the playing field was more level then, only the parachute sides had any real advantage.

I just found it quite funny that you want us to spend like other sides in the division, but excluding when they spend big money

I’m also a bit confused that you recognise that the playing field has stopped becoming a level one (not that it ever really was IMO, and yet seem to blame McCarthy for us regressing from that point

Good win on 22:18 - Feb 24 with 1672 viewsVic

Good win on 17:36 - Feb 24 by gt81

I'd be happy if Evans put £10m into the entire first team squad. So long as it isn't Keane or Jewell spending it I'm sure someone could build the nucleus of a strong side that could challenge at the sharp end of the table.

I reckon the squad Mick has put together is strong enough to be pushing for the play offs.

Injuries have stopped that this year. Keep them all fit next season - who knows!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Good win on 21:47 - Feb 25 with 1566 viewsTrequartista

Good win on 22:14 - Feb 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I just found it quite funny that you want us to spend like other sides in the division, but excluding when they spend big money

I’m also a bit confused that you recognise that the playing field has stopped becoming a level one (not that it ever really was IMO, and yet seem to blame McCarthy for us regressing from that point

I think you're just trying to score internet points over minor details. I just think we need to spend more to give ourselves a chance it's not really that difficult. Whether i think we should spend £10m on one player is pretty much irrelevant.

I am not a fan of McCarthy, I don't like his anti-football and am not impressed with much since December 2015, despite the budget, but am not blind or dogmatic enough to a) not recognise the great job he did up to December 2015 and b) not notice that the playing field has now become so uneven that any replacement is unlikely to get promoted, so therefore Evans is now the bigger issue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024