Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If only, if only.... 17:01 - Feb 24 with 3116 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Those 4 points (handball goal + you know what)!
For the sake of a few less injuries we would be worshipping the ground super Mick walks on and inviting him to swear in our faces for the laugh......maybe!

Edit....ok so it's 3 and I am fully in agreement that it all balances out over the season but fine margins between dinosaur and hero is my point I suppose.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 23:20]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

If only, if only.... on 17:21 - Feb 24 with 3052 viewsHerbivore

It's only 3 points but they would have been nice. We seem to generally be defending like a proper Mick side again. Our form is not actually that and, just frustrating that we've chucked in the odd lame performance.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If only, if only.... on 17:47 - Feb 24 with 3001 viewsBadgerBajner

If we had drawn the 1st 4 games of the season, we couldn't really have complained. So knock those 8 points off...
If only, if only.... on 17:50 - Feb 24 with 2993 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If only, if only.... on 17:47 - Feb 24 by BadgerBajner

If we had drawn the 1st 4 games of the season, we couldn't really have complained. So knock those 8 points off...

In fairness, this (although a bit OTT) - we can’t wish back the ones we were unlucky to lose and not lose the ones we were lucky to gain

But as it stands we are 6 points off the playoffs with a favourable run to come. Can we do it? Probably not - but to be where we are is a decent effort, especially when you factor in the injuries we’ve had

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

If only, if only.... on 17:59 - Feb 24 with 2966 viewsBent_double

It probably won't happen, unless none of the teams 6th to 10th want it. Would be very annoying if we miss out by 3 or 4 points.

It would help if we could play all the remaining games away from PR though...

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

If only, if only.... on 18:01 - Feb 24 with 2960 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If only, if only.... on 17:59 - Feb 24 by Bent_double

It probably won't happen, unless none of the teams 6th to 10th want it. Would be very annoying if we miss out by 3 or 4 points.

It would help if we could play all the remaining games away from PR though...

Well we are at the end of February and even though we’ve steadily been on the decline after August, we are still onky a couple of wins away.

Sheffield United, Bristol City, Leeds, Boro etc are all struggling themselves. So we have a chance. A small one. But a chance.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

If only, if only.... on 18:16 - Feb 24 with 2913 viewsHerbivore

If only, if only.... on 17:50 - Feb 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

In fairness, this (although a bit OTT) - we can’t wish back the ones we were unlucky to lose and not lose the ones we were lucky to gain

But as it stands we are 6 points off the playoffs with a favourable run to come. Can we do it? Probably not - but to be where we are is a decent effort, especially when you factor in the injuries we’ve had

I don't recall too many dodgy decisions or last minute howlers in those first four games. They really weren't lucky in any meaningful sense.

If only, if only.... on 18:23 - Feb 24 with 2886 viewsGlasgowBlue

2+1=4? It appears you had the same maths teacher as Diane Abbot.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 18:33]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If only, if only.... on 18:42 - Feb 24 with 2854 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If only, if only.... on 18:16 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

I don't recall too many dodgy decisions or last minute howlers in those first four games. They really weren't lucky in any meaningful sense.

I’d argue that conceding a last minute equaliser against a Norwich team who dominated us in the second half, was far less lucky than say Spence popping up with a winner against the run of play at Millwall...

It’s academic though - over the season you’ll steal a few and lose a few, we are where we are and all said and done it isn’t a terrible position

Login to get fewer ads

If only, if only.... on 18:46 - Feb 24 with 2841 viewsHerbivore

If only, if only.... on 18:42 - Feb 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I’d argue that conceding a last minute equaliser against a Norwich team who dominated us in the second half, was far less lucky than say Spence popping up with a winner against the run of play at Millwall...

It’s academic though - over the season you’ll steal a few and lose a few, we are where we are and all said and done it isn’t a terrible position

We obviously have slightly different perceptions of luck, but agree with your overall point.

If only, if only.... on 20:33 - Feb 24 with 2771 viewstextbackup

if only my uncle had tits, he'd be my aunt

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If only, if only.... on 22:20 - Feb 24 with 2710 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If only, if only.... on 18:23 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

2+1=4? It appears you had the same maths teacher as Diane Abbot.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 18:33]

You won't hear this often Glassers but good point although I can't help but wonder what your edit was !

If only, if only.... on 23:05 - Feb 24 with 2664 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If only, if only.... on 22:20 - Feb 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

You won't hear this often Glassers but good point although I can't help but wonder what your edit was !

His edit was to add the Diane Abbott line

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

If only, if only.... on 23:22 - Feb 24 with 2651 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If only, if only.... on 23:05 - Feb 24 by The_Romford_Blue

His edit was to add the Diane Abbott line

I prefer to think he got his sums wrong

If only, if only.... on 06:44 - Feb 25 with 2561 viewschristiand

Equally ask any side in the league and I’m sure they would all argue they should have a few extra points, so that argument doesn’t really stand up.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

If only, if only.... on 11:04 - Feb 25 with 2476 viewsrayman_10

For me, the Sheffield Wednesday game sticks out. Played really well that game and they bring on a 6ft 6 lump who scores a header in the 96th min after we failed at keeping it in the corner...

COYB

If only, if only.... on 17:10 - Feb 25 with 2403 viewsTractorWood

I don't really buy the injuries arguement. Hyam, Bishop and Smith have all materially spent the last 2 years injured. Dozzell has never been consistently in our starting 11 and we made no real effort to replace Berra, instantly exposing us to being potentially short.

As for the luck point, we've suffered no real injustice recently. As tragic as it was to be in the away end last week, we nabbed a goal and then sort half panicked and half surrendered to naivity. I don't think anyone can seriously suggest we should be higher than we are. I don't think we've been that good shutting down games cynically in the last few years (Brentford away, Forest away twice, Scum away) but we've nicked a few late on too so maybe the 'evens themselves out' arguement is probably fair.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2018 17:13]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

If only, if only.... on 17:45 - Feb 25 with 2357 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If only, if only.... on 17:10 - Feb 25 by TractorWood

I don't really buy the injuries arguement. Hyam, Bishop and Smith have all materially spent the last 2 years injured. Dozzell has never been consistently in our starting 11 and we made no real effort to replace Berra, instantly exposing us to being potentially short.

As for the luck point, we've suffered no real injustice recently. As tragic as it was to be in the away end last week, we nabbed a goal and then sort half panicked and half surrendered to naivity. I don't think anyone can seriously suggest we should be higher than we are. I don't think we've been that good shutting down games cynically in the last few years (Brentford away, Forest away twice, Scum away) but we've nicked a few late on too so maybe the 'evens themselves out' arguement is probably fair.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2018 17:13]

We argubly had 4 forward thinking midfieders on our books at the start of the season (5 if you include Nydam although a bit raw) who were expected to be in and around the side - Bishop, Huws, Adeyemi and Dozzell. All have spent the majority of the season injured

You can certainly make a case that for some of those it isn’t a huge surprise given the players histories, however for all to be out at the same time would seem unfortunate. I’d also argue that Micks hand is forced into signing players with these types of problems and hoping they can stay fit, as the only way we can get players of that quality in with our budget

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024