Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. 17:11 - Feb 24 with 10811 viewsCurrie10

* Providing Bristol City lose to Cardiff.

Do I think we'll do it? Of course not. I don't think we're capable of putting 3 on the spin together.

However, how in gods name are we even in this position? We've got bucket loads injured, and this is on the back of 95th min Nodge goal + the defeat to Cardiff. I mean it's ridiculous it really is.

Hull H is winnable.
Sheff Wed A = they have more injuries than us / trying things.
Sheff Utd H = they seem on the slide
Bristol City A = likewise

Just the most ridiculous season in a long-time. No doubt we'll lose to Hull and this post will be absolutely pathetic / but it does beg the question as to the standard of the league this season and who actually wants 6th..............
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 17:17 - Feb 24 with 4685 viewsSomethingBlue

It makes you tear your hair out at the endings to the Norwich and Sheff Wed games even more.

Given the number of teams involved a challenge looks too far away from us, but if we can beat Hull next week and Bristol do drop points then we have to have a go.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 17:25 - Feb 24 with 4636 viewsFoD_Blue

I think that Boro will take sixth spot, they are slowly creeping up the table.
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 17:28 - Feb 24 with 4619 viewsCurrie10

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 17:25 - Feb 24 by FoD_Blue

I agree Boro look v likely to be top 6.

We're not good enough frankly - but does make me bemoan various injuries.

Think Mick's build a good squad this year - sure, the footy he plays will wind people up at times but I get that - likewise his manner / manners,.... which I don't get......

Good win anyway - academic if we cannot back it up vs improving Hull. Good reaction from a tough week.

Be just our luck for Carayol to get injured vs Hull now!
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 17:31 - Feb 24 with 4586 viewsSchmoke

I'd laugh my tits off if Mick got us into 6th.

I think the board would implode.
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 17:32 - Feb 24 with 4569 viewsSlartibartfast

The precise reason many people still stand by Mick.
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 17:35 - Feb 24 with 4544 viewsSuperfrans

Maybe we’re not doing as badly as some might suggest.

No doubt, if we did sneak in (which I also don’t think is likely) some will argue that we were lucky and didn’t deserve it.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 17:47 - Feb 24 with 4481 viewsconnorscontract

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 17:35 - Feb 24 by Superfrans

Maybe we’re not doing as badly as some might suggest.

No doubt, if we did sneak in (which I also don’t think is likely) some will argue that we were lucky and didn’t deserve it.

Some tried to argue that when Mick did get us into the Play Offs.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 17:48]
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 17:54 - Feb 24 with 4441 viewsgainsboroughblue

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 17:47 - Feb 24 by connorscontract

Some tried to argue that when Mick did get us into the Play Offs.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 17:48]

We (Evans) cocked up in that January by refusing to strengthen when we were 2nd. Big big mistake.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 17:58 - Feb 24 with 4432 viewsDubtractor

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 17:17 - Feb 24 by SomethingBlue

It makes you tear your hair out at the endings to the Norwich and Sheff Wed games even more.

Given the number of teams involved a challenge looks too far away from us, but if we can beat Hull next week and Bristol do drop points then we have to have a go.

I was going to say something along those lines, it isn't just 6 points, it is 7 teams we would have to better over the last 12 games.

Not going to happen.

Equally though, the world isn't ending as some would have had us believe over the last week or so.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:00 - Feb 24 with 4421 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Crazy.

Saw that Middlesbrough conceded in the 96th minute and had a moment of cheer. Only four off them and we still have to play them again. 6 off Bristol City and we still have them to play again too.

It ain’t quite over just yet.

BELIEVE!

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:03 - Feb 24 with 4403 viewsDubtractor

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 17:25 - Feb 24 by FoD_Blue

Not sure that is the case.

They have 8 points from the last 6 games - the same as us. Very hit and miss since Pulis took over, no real change from Monk as they were only just outside the top 6 when he was sacked.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:04 - Feb 24 with 4398 viewsSomethingBlue

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 17:58 - Feb 24 by Dubtractor

I was going to say something along those lines, it isn't just 6 points, it is 7 teams we would have to better over the last 12 games.

Not going to happen.

Equally though, the world isn't ending as some would have had us believe over the last week or so.

Quite, to listen to some of the dramatists here you'd think there'd never been a team in this division as bad as us — in fact there are many worse. We're bang average, no better or worse, and that's pretty much how we will finish. It would be nice though to end up in the top 10 and use it as some sort of springboard for next year.

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:16 - Feb 24 with 4317 viewsSuperfrans

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:04 - Feb 24 by SomethingBlue

Quite, to listen to some of the dramatists here you'd think there'd never been a team in this division as bad as us — in fact there are many worse. We're bang average, no better or worse, and that's pretty much how we will finish. It would be nice though to end up in the top 10 and use it as some sort of springboard for next year.

If there is any reason for hope it is that we’re capable of getting a result against most teams. It’s the whole “one game at a time” thing. If we really do do that, you never know what’s possible.

Not that i believe it’ll happen, having said that. I suspect we’ve left ourselves too much to do.

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:21 - Feb 24 with 4298 viewsHennikerBlu

There is almost a siege mentality, the players and playing staff seem united, if we can have a positive atmosphere at home and not slag the team and individuals off who knows. Perhaps at least we can enjoy the final part of the season and not just the pies :)
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 18:21]
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:27 - Feb 24 with 4260 viewsBenters2

We are 13th i think we call that lower mid table?
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:28 - Feb 24 with 4252 viewschristiand

Simply...NO.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:30 - Feb 24 with 4235 viewsJ2BLUE

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:27 - Feb 24 by Benters2

We are 13th i think we call that lower mid table?

Mid table. How is it lower mid table? Not that it really matters.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:33 - Feb 24 with 4219 viewsBenters2

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:30 - Feb 24 by J2BLUE

Mid table. How is it lower mid table? Not that it really matters.

You havent seen it said on here then.

We have upper mid table,we have lower mid table.

Mid table is 12th.

You ok Hun? x
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:40 - Feb 24 with 4201 viewsTrequartista

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 17:17 - Feb 24 by SomethingBlue

Those without blue tinted specs acknowledge we beat Burton and Millwall in the last minute, and so we are in more or less the correct position.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:55 - Feb 24 with 4153 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:33 - Feb 24 by Benters2

Mid table is 12th.

You ok Hun? x

Actually it’s between 12th and 13th, surely? (If you’re going to be pedantic)
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 18:56]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:57 - Feb 24 with 4150 viewsSomethingBlue

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:40 - Feb 24 by Trequartista

Those without blue tinted specs acknowledge we beat Burton and Millwall in the last minute, and so we are in more or less the correct position.

Where did I say we weren't in the correct position? Or show any evidence of "blue tinted specs"? What a very strange post indeed.

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 19:01 - Feb 24 with 4131 viewsCurrie10

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:28 - Feb 24 by christiand

Simply...NO.

Oh I agree with you - I don't see it happening.

However, the absolute meltdown given our budget and blubbing on here has been beyond me at times.

Lets see what happens tomorrow and vs Hull.

I honestly am convinced if by some minor miracle we made it, many would be upset.
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 19:08 - Feb 24 with 4103 viewschristiand

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 19:01 - Feb 24 by Currie10

Oh I agree with you - I don't see it happening.

However, the absolute meltdown given our budget and blubbing on here has been beyond me at times.

Lets see what happens tomorrow and vs Hull.

I honestly am convinced if by some minor miracle we made it, many would be upset.

I just base my reasoning on our consistency to string victories together, our level of performances, our ability to score goals and the quality of those teams above us. The play offs are out of reach even though some are saying it is 'only' 6 points. I've said this before, but if we finish top 10 that's a decent return.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 19:15 - Feb 24 with 4071 viewsHerbivore

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:33 - Feb 24 by Benters2

Mid table is 12th.

You ok Hun? x

Why is mid table 12th rather than 13th? Strictly speaking the middle of the table is the gap between 12th and 13th.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 19:15 - Feb 24 with 4071 viewsSuperfrans

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:55 - Feb 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Actually it’s between 12th and 13th, surely? (If you’re going to be pedantic)
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 18:56]

Indeed. If 13 is lower mid table, 12 is upper mid-table. But both are mid-table.

😂😂😂😂😂
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 19:16]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024