Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet 17:36 - Feb 24 with 5200 viewsBlueNomad

And pay in to Corbyn’s chosen charities together with legal expenses. Would those who slaughtered him for being a spy care to comment?

[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 17:37]
MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 17:40 - Feb 24 with 3423 viewsFtnfwest

I imagine they will all apologise if they are personally responsible for what Ben Bradley does
MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 18:11 - Feb 24 with 3349 viewsBrianTablet

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 17:40 - Feb 24 by Ftnfwest

I imagine they will all apologise if they are personally responsible for what Ben Bradley does

They should apologise for having the sheitforbrains and believing the papers in the first place. (The Sun FFS)
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 18:51]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 18:21 - Feb 24 with 3305 viewsGlasgowBlue

I don't believe anyone on here "slaughtered him for being a spy".

Useful idiot and naive fool were the words most used I belive.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 18:21 - Feb 24 with 3307 viewsFtnfwest

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 18:11 - Feb 24 by BrianTablet

They should apologise for having the sheitforbrains and believing the papers in the first place. (The Sun FFS)
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 18:51]

Except the guardian which strangely seems immune from all this
MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 18:25 - Feb 24 with 3293 viewsGlasgowBlue

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 18:21 - Feb 24 by Ftnfwest

Except the guardian which strangely seems immune from all this

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/feb/18/jeremy-corbyn-czech-connec

Iron Lion Zion

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 18:26 - Feb 24 with 3283 viewsFtnfwest

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 18:25 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/feb/18/jeremy-corbyn-czech-connec

Did they get onto the hamas wreath laying as well?
MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 18:31 - Feb 24 with 3258 viewsGlasgowBlue

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 18:26 - Feb 24 by Ftnfwest

Did they get onto the hamas wreath laying as well?

So you agree with Mr d'Ancona in the Guardian that "Corbyn was cosying up to a dreadful regime".

You agree with Mr d'Ancona that "any criticism of the Labour leader — of whatever character — is axiomatically dismissed by his followers as “a smear”. We have certainly seen that on here.

And you agree with Mr d'Ancona that "the worst view to take on Corbyn’s Czech connection is: ‘Who cares?’

It appears you and I are in full agreement.

Iron Lion Zion

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 18:33 - Feb 24 with 3252 viewsGunnsAirkick

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 18:21 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

Swervetastic mate, you and your sock puppet lowhouse must be gutted this latest smear hasn't stuck. For what it's worth I don't think Corbyn is perfect as you know and he has made some foolish decisions in the past. I'm not keen on some of the borderline cult of personality stuff that has developed with some Labour members and supporters either. However, these ridiculous smears do nothing to further political debate and I think aid him if anything, he's come out of this on top and made a Tory MP the "useful idiot".
Login to get fewer ads

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 18:37 - Feb 24 with 3233 viewsGlasgowBlue

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 18:33 - Feb 24 by GunnsAirkick

Swervetastic mate, you and your sock puppet lowhouse must be gutted this latest smear hasn't stuck. For what it's worth I don't think Corbyn is perfect as you know and he has made some foolish decisions in the past. I'm not keen on some of the borderline cult of personality stuff that has developed with some Labour members and supporters either. However, these ridiculous smears do nothing to further political debate and I think aid him if anything, he's come out of this on top and made a Tory MP the "useful idiot".

If you can find an instance of either Lowhouse or I saying Corbyn was a spy then you can call it a swerve.

I said useful idiot from the off.

The useful idiot part 1578 by GlasgowBlue 15 Feb 2018 10:47
Agent COB. Ha ha ha.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5581166/jeremy-corbyn-communist-spy-cold-war-briefings/

Iron Lion Zion

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 18:43 - Feb 24 with 3230 viewsBrixtonBlue

What do you mean "I believe"?! You were the one that said most of it!

You were careful with your words but certainly hinted that Corbyn could be a spy.

The article you linked to called him the spy's "new found comrade" and you remarked, "Agent COB. Ha ha ha."

And then talked about;

"...an allegation of meeting a Czech spy on three separate occasions and allegedly passing on information regarding the arrest of an East German, MI5 and discussing his take on British security measures."

Plus;

"These latest revelations just build a bigger picture of the man."

None of which actually calls him a spy, just hints at it. But that's all the Tory smear-machine needs. Enough hints to put doubts in minds. Enough mud thrown...

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 18:49 - Feb 24 with 3204 viewsBrixtonBlue

Indeed. it's gutter 'win-at-all-costs" politics at its finest.

Glassers has said in the past that Tory central office will have several stories lined up to drip feed to the public attacking Corbyn, and that they would get worse. Seems to be coming true - they've moved on from no tie and not singing the National Anthem.

And his new tactic is to say "well you WOULD call it a smear"! Oh well, now you've said that it CAN'T be a smear can it?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 19:01 - Feb 24 with 3137 viewsBloomBlue

I've never said he was a spy but he does hate certain things about British especially the British forces.
MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 22:02 - Feb 24 with 3009 viewsFreddies_Ears

Luckily this is a football site, and it never gets used for ill-informed political point-scoring.

Not a good day for GB I fear.

In the Winter Olympics, I mean.
MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 22:07 - Feb 24 with 2996 viewsnoggin

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 22:02 - Feb 24 by Freddies_Ears

Luckily this is a football site, and it never gets used for ill-informed political point-scoring.

Not a good day for GB I fear.

In the Winter Olympics, I mean.

How did GB get on in the swerving? .... Sorry, typo, I meant curling.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 23:55 - Feb 24 with 2945 viewsvapour_trail

He’s nailed you here glassers. Completely nailed you.

Look at who’s defending you. Game over.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 07:29 - Feb 25 with 2833 viewsBackToRussia

Will you be apologising too GB given a tweet has the same status as a post on TWTD?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 07:39 - Feb 25 with 2826 viewsBackToRussia

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 18:31 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

So you agree with Mr d'Ancona in the Guardian that "Corbyn was cosying up to a dreadful regime".

You agree with Mr d'Ancona that "any criticism of the Labour leader — of whatever character — is axiomatically dismissed by his followers as “a smear”. We have certainly seen that on here.

And you agree with Mr d'Ancona that "the worst view to take on Corbyn’s Czech connection is: ‘Who cares?’

He wasn't cosying up. Cosying up is doing multi-billion pound arms deals and so on.

A meeting in a pub with a low level Czech official in a pub is not cosying up, unless they happened to be sitting particularly close to each other at the time.

By the way Corbyn was in solidarity with the dissidents of the Czech regime at the time.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 08:13 - Feb 25 with 2788 viewsGlasgowBlue

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 07:29 - Feb 25 by BackToRussia

Will you be apologising too GB given a tweet has the same status as a post on TWTD?

Apologise for saying that I don’t think he was a spy, just a useful idiot?

So with it being the weekend and all I haven't been following the news... by GlasgowBlue 21 Feb 2018 9:33
I don’t think anyone seriously believes Corbyn was a spy. As previously stated, he was a useful idiot at a time when the Soviets were infiltrating the Trades Unions, see Jack Jones, and other left wing organisations like CND with the intention of destabilising the U.K.

There is a Stasi file on Jezza from when he went in a “romantic” trip to East Germany with Diane Abbot. It can only be opened at Jezza’s request. If he is confident he has nothing to hide then why not give his permission fir the details to be realised?

Taking aside that East Germany isn’t the most romantic place to take your bit on the side, it seriously brings into question his moral compass that he was cosying up to the eastern bloc when they were imprisoning dissidents and putting down peaceful demonstrations.

In isolation you could say it was ooor judgement. But add that to IRA support, paid Iran State TV appearances which he has recently lied about, donating money to holocaust deniers, saying antisemitic hate preachers have “a voice that should be heard” and calling Hamas his “friends” and we have a bloke here who is unfit to lead the United Kingdom.

Bradley made unsubstantiated allegations that Corbyn took money for selling state secrets. I’ve never said that. Not once.

The fact remain that Cirbyn met a Chezch agent whether he knew or not. The fact remains that the Chezch opened a file on him. The fact remains he was assigned a code name.

Arcording to that file they met in another two occasions. I stand by my statement that he was a useful idiot and naive.

[Post edited 25 Feb 2018 8:18]

Iron Lion Zion

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 08:29 - Feb 25 with 2754 viewsgordon

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 18:31 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

An opposition politician has admitted they've made a libellous statement about Corbyn, but you don't think it counts as a 'smear'?

The allegations in that week old D'Ancona column have since been shown to be nonsense, repeating this column doesn't help you a great deal.

D'Ancona was editor of the spectator and a telegraph columnist for years, he writes a weekly column in the guardian from a tory perspective.
MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 08:33 - Feb 25 with 2749 viewslowhouseblue

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 07:39 - Feb 25 by BackToRussia

He wasn't cosying up. Cosying up is doing multi-billion pound arms deals and so on.

A meeting in a pub with a low level Czech official in a pub is not cosying up, unless they happened to be sitting particularly close to each other at the time.

By the way Corbyn was in solidarity with the dissidents of the Czech regime at the time.

"By the way Corbyn was in solidarity with the dissidents of the Czech regime at the time."

do you have any evidence of that? or is it just the equivalent of those old style soviet paintings showing a young stalin saving a small child from a burning building? one of the signs of the truly religiously devout is their determination to repaint history.

if evidence turned up now of mrs may having had regular meetings with representatives of the apartheid regime and being considered by their secret service as someone friendly and useful to them, how would you feel? and what'a the difference?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 08:39 - Feb 25 with 2730 viewsGlasgowBlue

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 08:29 - Feb 25 by gordon

An opposition politician has admitted they've made a libellous statement about Corbyn, but you don't think it counts as a 'smear'?

The allegations in that week old D'Ancona column have since been shown to be nonsense, repeating this column doesn't help you a great deal.

D'Ancona was editor of the spectator and a telegraph columnist for years, he writes a weekly column in the guardian from a tory perspective.

Bradley made unsubstantiated allegations. That was a smear. The allegations that cirbyn met a Chezch spy in three occasions have not “been shown up to be nonsense” . Hence the former head of MI6 write an article about them just yesterday.

Bradley overstepped the mark. He said Cirbyn took money to sell state secrets. That has no foundation in truth. There is no proof that he did anything if the dirt. That doesn’t clear Cirbyn of being a naive fool who should have known better than to hold meetings with a Chezch “diplomat” at the height of the Cold War.

People seem to h ave taken Bradley’s apology as completely clearing Cirbyn if any responsibility to address some very important questions.

Iron Lion Zion

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 08:42 - Feb 25 with 2717 viewsBrixtonBlue

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 08:39 - Feb 25 by GlasgowBlue

Bradley made unsubstantiated allegations. That was a smear. The allegations that cirbyn met a Chezch spy in three occasions have not “been shown up to be nonsense” . Hence the former head of MI6 write an article about them just yesterday.

Bradley overstepped the mark. He said Cirbyn took money to sell state secrets. That has no foundation in truth. There is no proof that he did anything if the dirt. That doesn’t clear Cirbyn of being a naive fool who should have known better than to hold meetings with a Chezch “diplomat” at the height of the Cold War.

People seem to h ave taken Bradley’s apology as completely clearing Cirbyn if any responsibility to address some very important questions.

"The Tory-supporting former head of MI6." Let's get it right!

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 08:44 - Feb 25 with 2714 viewsBackToRussia

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 08:33 - Feb 25 by lowhouseblue

"By the way Corbyn was in solidarity with the dissidents of the Czech regime at the time."

do you have any evidence of that? or is it just the equivalent of those old style soviet paintings showing a young stalin saving a small child from a burning building? one of the signs of the truly religiously devout is their determination to repaint history.

if evidence turned up now of mrs may having had regular meetings with representatives of the apartheid regime and being considered by their secret service as someone friendly and useful to them, how would you feel? and what'a the difference?

It makes sense that he would be with the dissidents given that Corbyn is essentially a social democrat, and was against Communist regimes generally. There was very little left wing support left of any kind for Communist states like Czechoslovakia in the 80s. That he had a few meetings with someone in the regime doesn't even come close to constituting support. Do you even know what the content of these meetings were? For all we know it was something preposterously obscure or unimportant.

Theresa May has supported similarly egregious regimes in an open and direct manner. I don't need to scrounge around for a few grubby stories like you.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 08:45 - Feb 25 with 2708 viewsBackToRussia

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 08:39 - Feb 25 by GlasgowBlue

Yeah that's what happens when you run a smear campaign. People start to not give a sh1t about your bullsh1t when they realise it's bullsh1t.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 08:50 - Feb 25 with 2683 viewslowhouseblue

MP Ben Bradley to apologise for Corbyn tweet on 08:44 - Feb 25 by BackToRussia

It makes sense that he would be with the dissidents given that Corbyn is essentially a social democrat, and was against Communist regimes generally. There was very little left wing support left of any kind for Communist states like Czechoslovakia in the 80s. That he had a few meetings with someone in the regime doesn't even come close to constituting support. Do you even know what the content of these meetings were? For all we know it was something preposterously obscure or unimportant.

Theresa May has supported similarly egregious regimes in an open and direct manner. I don't need to scrounge around for a few grubby stories like you.

evidence please. - 'it makes sense that ...' means: 'i just made it up and have my fingers crossed'.

lots of the uk left, including a great many in the labour party, were strongly pro-soviet. again you are re-writing history. this is a former tribune person:

"Quite a lot of the British left in the 1980s was at best completely clueless about — and at worst subsidised by — the disaster for socialism that was the USSR. Quite a few of Sarkocy's contacts were idiots who thought Charter 77 were counterrevolutionaries and everything was cool about the Soviet Union — because it was anti-imperialist. Labour Action for Peace, a pressure group that had no formal role in the Labour Party, and for which Corbyn was an officer, was notoriously and idiotically pro-Soviet."

and corbyn "was against Communist regimes generally." is so historically dishonest as to be very funny.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024