Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good result yesterday, any computer geeks awake? 21:24 - Feb 25 with 1184 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Sorry I wasn't online last night ABB.

I don't play games but back in the day I did. I am trying to play this old game on my laptop for nostalgia reasons (released in the 90s) and I can download it from gog.com for $5.99. However it needs it runs of windows software and I use chrome. I don't want to go to crazy but is there a way of tricking my computer to think its running of basic windows? It only needs like an older version, 7 of something similar. I read somewhere about an extension file that I can DL from google?

Can anyone assist?
Good result yesterday, any computer geeks awake? on 21:28 - Feb 25 with 1148 viewsGuthrum

I know such things do exist, but unfortunately can't help you on specifics.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Good result yesterday, any computer geeks awake? on 21:30 - Feb 25 with 1138 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Good result yesterday, any computer geeks awake? on 21:28 - Feb 25 by Guthrum

I know such things do exist, but unfortunately can't help you on specifics.

I don't want to pay stupid money to do it or slow the system down because the whole idea of a cheap laptop was to not have an operating system on so that it's fast and app based. However, if it's simple free I want to play this game again

https://www.gog.com/game/titanic_adventure_out_of_time

It's brilliant
Good result yesterday, any computer geeks awake? on 21:35 - Feb 25 with 1121 viewsBlueSpark

I think you could use some software called XWayland.

wayland. freedesktop.org /xserver.html

I can't help you much further though as I've only ever used Windows.
Good result yesterday, any computer geeks awake? on 21:40 - Feb 25 with 1100 viewsGuthrum

Good result yesterday, any computer geeks awake? on 21:30 - Feb 25 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I don't want to pay stupid money to do it or slow the system down because the whole idea of a cheap laptop was to not have an operating system on so that it's fast and app based. However, if it's simple free I want to play this game again

https://www.gog.com/game/titanic_adventure_out_of_time

It's brilliant

Mate of mine plays a load of old DoS-based and Mac games on his (modern) PC, using emulators. Don't believe they slow the system down at all.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Good result yesterday, any computer geeks awake? on 21:44 - Feb 25 with 1088 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Good result yesterday, any computer geeks awake? on 21:40 - Feb 25 by Guthrum

Mate of mine plays a load of old DoS-based and Mac games on his (modern) PC, using emulators. Don't believe they slow the system down at all.

Yeah I have to idea what I am doing, downloaded a few things t hat seemed correct but every time I click on the downloaded game file it says it needs windows.
Good result yesterday, any computer geeks awake? on 21:47 - Feb 25 with 1082 viewsfooters

I can't help you technically, JJJJ, but I can vouch for the fact that that game was incredible. Might have watched the playthrough with a jazz woodbine a few weeks ago.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Good result yesterday, any computer geeks awake? on 21:49 - Feb 25 with 1068 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Good result yesterday, any computer geeks awake? on 21:47 - Feb 25 by footers

I can't help you technically, JJJJ, but I can vouch for the fact that that game was incredible. Might have watched the playthrough with a jazz woodbine a few weeks ago.

Amazing isn't it. Spent many an hour in my high school days and just saw the original version is available to DL
Good result yesterday, any computer geeks awake? on 21:55 - Feb 25 with 1051 viewsfooters

Good result yesterday, any computer geeks awake? on 21:49 - Feb 25 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Amazing isn't it. Spent many an hour in my high school days and just saw the original version is available to DL

I had hell trying to find and dl one of my childhood favourites a couple of years ago. Was a straight to video type of strategy game, nothing even remotely good. Finally found a hooky version, set everything up and it bugged out after level one. So close, so far. Hope you can realise your nostalgic dream!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Good result yesterday, any computer geeks awake? on 21:57 - Feb 25 with 1042 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Good result yesterday, any computer geeks awake? on 21:55 - Feb 25 by footers

I had hell trying to find and dl one of my childhood favourites a couple of years ago. Was a straight to video type of strategy game, nothing even remotely good. Finally found a hooky version, set everything up and it bugged out after level one. So close, so far. Hope you can realise your nostalgic dream!

PC games were popular at a time weren't they. I used to like the discworld ones as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024