Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half Marathon on Sunday: Fundraising for the MS Society 09:42 - Feb 26 with 1495 viewsunbelievablue

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/joshrunsthebighalfms

https://www.mssociety.org.uk/

Ladies and Gents,

On Sunday I am running the London 'Big Half' (half marathon, obviously) in memory of my girlfriend's late mother, who died from complications relating to MS just 16 months ago.

I've been training with my girlfriend the past few months but as a last minute thing, decided that as an extra effort to support her I'd take part in the event itself and run with her on the day, as well as fundraise for the MS Society.

I know plenty of you were extremely generous during my Athens Marathon fundraising for MIND, but if there is a spare fiver or so going, I'd be extremely grateful if you would donate to this equally deserving cause.

Cheers,
Josh

[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 9:55]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Half Marathon on Sunday: Fundraising for the MS Society on 10:39 - Feb 26 with 1462 viewsNewcyBlue

Hello mate.

Have donated, couldn’t do gift aid because I don’t pay tax.

MS Society is who I am running for in September.

Good luck and keep us updated please.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Half Marathon on Sunday: Fundraising for the MS Society on 10:40 - Feb 26 with 1457 viewsunbelievablue

Half Marathon on Sunday: Fundraising for the MS Society on 10:39 - Feb 26 by NewcyBlue

Hello mate.

Have donated, couldn’t do gift aid because I don’t pay tax.

MS Society is who I am running for in September.

Good luck and keep us updated please.

Brilliant, thank you.

I will of course reciprocate.

Half Marathon on Sunday: Fundraising for the MS Society on 21:49 - Feb 26 with 1403 viewsNewcyBlue

Half Marathon on Sunday: Fundraising for the MS Society on 10:40 - Feb 26 by unbelievablue

Brilliant, thank you.

I will of course reciprocate.

A very worthy cause.

Half Marathon on Sunday: Fundraising for the MS Society on 10:38 - Feb 27 with 1367 viewsunbelievablue

Half Marathon on Sunday: Fundraising for the MS Society on 21:49 - Feb 26 by NewcyBlue

A very worthy cause.

Yep. I hadn't known much about MS at all until I met my girlfriend. It's such an unpredictable, devastating affliction.

Half Marathon on Sunday: Fundraising for the MS Society on 10:47 - Feb 27 with 1363 viewsNewcyBlue

Half Marathon on Sunday: Fundraising for the MS Society on 10:38 - Feb 27 by unbelievablue

Yep. I hadn't known much about MS at all until I met my girlfriend. It's such an unpredictable, devastating affliction.

My Mother had Primary Progressive. From 13 years old it was just me and her. It was a steep learn curve. I felt a lot of guilt when she died. Ultimately I went to sea to earn the best money I could to provide the best care possible for her. The job saved me when she died. I threw myself into being a sailor.

Half Marathon on Sunday: Fundraising for the MS Society on 12:41 - Feb 27 with 1350 viewsunbelievablue

Half Marathon on Sunday: Fundraising for the MS Society on 10:47 - Feb 27 by NewcyBlue

My Mother had Primary Progressive. From 13 years old it was just me and her. It was a steep learn curve. I felt a lot of guilt when she died. Ultimately I went to sea to earn the best money I could to provide the best care possible for her. The job saved me when she died. I threw myself into being a sailor.

So sorry to hear that. I had no idea.

Half Marathon on Sunday: Fundraising for the MS Society on 17:05 - Mar 5 with 1292 viewsunbelievablue

Updated: Mrs wanted to finish in quicker than 3 hours and just managed it, at 2:54. She was very pleased, she'd never run a 10km until February and hadn't done more than 12km in training. We also managed to pass Mo Farah, albeit he was running the other direction past us at mile 6...

Really well organised race and a nice route (though the Limehouse link tunnel was horrible).

Cheers for donations.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024