Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People of TWTD who leave the game in the 88th minute. 14:08 - Feb 26 with 10568 viewsSpruceMoose

Why do you do this?

Genuine question.

If they moved kick off to 2:58pm would this help you?

Have you ever missed a wonderful moment by leaving early?
[Post edited 27 Feb 2018 3:34]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 14:11 - Feb 26 with 5272 viewsReuser_is_God

There are people that leave early occasionally if they have to be somewhere sharpish after a game, I half understand that.

It’s the people that leave early every game as part of their routine which I don’t not understand one bit.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 14:12 - Feb 26 with 5257 viewsSpruceMoose

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 14:11 - Feb 26 by Reuser_is_God

There are people that leave early occasionally if they have to be somewhere sharpish after a game, I half understand that.

It’s the people that leave early every game as part of their routine which I don’t not understand one bit.

Go to get out of the bog on Birkfield Drive and out past Copdock ASAP!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 14:12 - Feb 26 with 5254 viewsDyland

I've only ever left early if I've absolutely had to get a specific train. Except that Friday night game recently against the budgies.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 14:13 - Feb 26 with 5259 viewsOsborneOneNil

Can't get my head around this. Well, maybe if your team is 0-3 down.

My Dad did this to us once, and I've never done it since. It was a Tuesday night game v Wimbledon (I think) in the Zenith Data Systems Cup. We were 2-1 down and Dad decided to leave early to 'beat the traffic'. As we walked across the green outside Portman Road a huger roar went up. Great, we've missed a Town goal.

We drove back to Barkingside down the A12, no idea of the score. Once home, we checked Teletext......we had won 4-3 in extra time.

Gutted.
People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 14:13 - Feb 26 with 5261 viewsFootballpete

When we went on that 7 game losing streak under Jewell my mate left the Reading game on 90 minutes when we were winning 2-1. It wasn't until the rest of us got to the pub that he became aware we lost.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 14:14 - Feb 26 with 5260 viewsSteve_M

Trains after evening games mean a choice between the 21:43 train and a later, slow one with no beer on it. With connections, it makes nearly an hour of difference to getting home so I do leave on 90 minutes then.

Missed the odd goal - Knudsen against Fulham springs to mind - but not too often. The alternative is not going at all.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 14:36 - Feb 26 with 5173 viewsbritbiker

There has been an odd time that I have had to atrend a dinner/dance on the wrong side of Essex and the wife is giving me grief for even going to the match. Even then I try to wait by the exit for the final whistle.
I often see some elderly fans and some of tge disabled leave early but that's understandable as it must be murder trying to get through the crowd in a wheelchair or walking sticks.
People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 14:43 - Feb 26 with 5149 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 14:13 - Feb 26 by OsborneOneNil

My Dad did this to us once, and I've never done it since. It was a Tuesday night game v Wimbledon (I think) in the Zenith Data Systems Cup. We were 2-1 down and Dad decided to leave early to 'beat the traffic'. As we walked across the green outside Portman Road a huger roar went up. Great, we've missed a Town goal.

We drove back to Barkingside down the A12, no idea of the score. Once home, we checked Teletext......we had won 4-3 in extra time.

Gutted.

I can only think of 2 games I’ve left early and both significantly so

Palace away when we lost 5-0 just after McCarthy took over (it was actually 4-0 when I left) and Fulham this season once we’d collapsed. On both occassions, getting an earlier train back from a midweek London game was the motivator, and I certainly didn’t regret either!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 15:37 - Feb 26 with 5065 viewsFifeITFC

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 14:13 - Feb 26 by OsborneOneNil

Gutted.

I don't remember that game. Seem to remember being them 3-1 in the ZDS.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 15:38]

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 15:42 - Feb 26 with 5055 viewsLesta_Tractor

My grandparents leave a couple of minutes early as the old boys knees can't take being sat in traffic for too long.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 15:45 - Feb 26 with 5050 viewsitfcpaul

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 14:11 - Feb 26 by Reuser_is_God

We leave early every game so thst my disabled wife gas time to get to the car so we can get away quickly so thst we don't get stuck in traffic which would add more time onto our already 3 hour journey home

is that acceptable?

I think thst we travel 3 hours to our home game makes us supporters enough to be allowed to leave a bit early

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 15:51 - Feb 26 with 5024 viewsReuser_is_God

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 15:45 - Feb 26 by itfcpaul

We leave early every game so thst my disabled wife gas time to get to the car so we can get away quickly so thst we don't get stuck in traffic which would add more time onto our already 3 hour journey home

is that acceptable?

I think thst we travel 3 hours to our home game makes us supporters enough to be allowed to leave a bit early

Clearly, given your circumstances, yes it is.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 15:51 - Feb 26 with 5026 viewsSpruceMoose

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 15:45 - Feb 26 by itfcpaul

is that acceptable?

There was no judgement! I was just curious as to what people's reasons were and if they had ever missed anything memorable.

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 16:05 - Feb 26 with 4982 viewsjontysnut

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 15:51 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

There was no judgement! I was just curious as to what people's reasons were and if they had ever missed anything memorable.

I took a girl to a game once and she fainted in Churchmans so had to leave pretty soon after kick off. Ended up drinking Bovril in a cafe listening to the game on Radio Orwell. Ipswich 6 Manchester United 0
People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 16:06 - Feb 26 with 4977 viewslongtimefan

I’ve only left early about three times in best part of 50 years, each time due to having to get my son to a swimming competition, and then only leaving at the start of additional time. Unfortunately one of those occasions was the Coventry game when Counago scored in the 97th minute
People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 16:13 - Feb 26 with 4956 viewsBurwell_Blue

I leave on 85 minutes 95% of the time.

The match is not the start and finish of my day, the pub before and the pub after are just as key to my enjoyment. Therefore leaving before the roads get jammed up means I can spend longer with a pint talking football with me pals.
People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 16:16 - Feb 26 with 4943 viewsitfcpaul

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 15:51 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

Ok matey

If we could stay we would but circumstances say we cant

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 16:32 - Feb 26 with 4900 viewsWeirdFishes

Flipping it round, there’s a bloke who stands near me who is late to literally every game. Like 15/20 minutes late without fail, whatever the kick off time. I’ve never understood it.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 16:38 - Feb 26 with 4885 viewsSpruceMoose

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 16:32 - Feb 26 by WeirdFishes

Flipping it round, there’s a bloke who stands near me who is late to literally every game. Like 15/20 minutes late without fail, whatever the kick off time. I’ve never understood it.

Maybe he's been protesting for years. Someone on here the other day was trying to get people to turn up 5 minutes late in protest.

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 16:38 - Feb 26 with 4880 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 16:32 - Feb 26 by WeirdFishes

Pub

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 16:55 - Feb 26 with 4836 viewshype313

I left early when we were getting destroyed by Norwich, as I was walking through the car park I heard another roar, Holt with another, made me think I made the right choice.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 17:50 - Feb 26 with 4784 viewsWeirdFishes

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 16:38 - Feb 26 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Pub

It’s almost certainly not.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 17:52 - Feb 26 with 4779 viewsjudespiveyg

I do this as my grandad's knees mean he can't get down the Cobbold Stand steps very quickly and doesn't want to be waiting standing up to get out of the ground. I've missed some late goals, Pablo's against Coventry is the one that sticks out, but I don't mind too much.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 18:08 - Feb 26 with 4734 viewsAce_High1

Yes used to a lot during the Keane, Jewell and McCarthy era as the games were mostly rubbish and I didn't want to spend ages stuck in traffic as have a long commute home.

Can remember missing the old goal - didn't both me.

I now don't go so that probably tells me its the right decision!
People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 18:23 - Feb 26 with 4703 viewsOsborneOneNil

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 15:37 - Feb 26 by FifeITFC

I don't remember that game. Seem to remember being them 3-1 in the ZDS.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 15:38]

That may well be it, Louie Donowa was playing. 0-1 down as we left.

Either way, I was proper peeved to miss a late come back and extra time goals!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024