Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Modern day footballer bleating moment..... 00:25 - Feb 27 with 4630 viewssixtouchfootball

Jack Willshire... for someone who has played feck all football as good as he could have been to blame the ref for losing the rumbelows cup final after being totally out played 🤷
Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 01:23 - Feb 27 with 4560 viewsBasingstokeBlue

What? The “Rumbelows Cup” ceased to exist before Wilshire’s first birthday.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 07:33 - Feb 27 with 4399 viewschristiand

Problem is the culture and environment Jack Wilshere has been brought up in at Arsenal, which Arsene Wenger has created - it is everyone else's fault, but not ours. That club is shambolic and in a complete mess and until Wenger goes they are going to drift further behind the top sides in the Premier League while the likes of Leicester City and Everton get closer to them. Like his manager, he should look more closely at some of the 'gutless and embarrassing' displays by some of his teams mates rather than the officials, the problem is far closer to home than he or Wenger realises.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 07:48 - Feb 27 with 4363 viewsbluehook

Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 01:23 - Feb 27 by BasingstokeBlue

What? The “Rumbelows Cup” ceased to exist before Wilshire’s first birthday.

*******JOKE ALERT*********
Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 07:53 - Feb 27 with 4348 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Footballer in moaning about ref shock

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 07:57 - Feb 27 with 4348 viewsGlasgowBlue

Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 07:53 - Feb 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Footballer in moaning about ref shock

He’s right and he’s wrong.

He’s wrong because Arsenal were completely outclassed and City were deserved winners.

He’s right because a City only had three shots on target and two of those goals could have quite easily been disallowed for a foul and an offside.

He will be of the believe that Arsenal could have got back into it if those two goals hadn’t have stood. I am of the opinion that Arsenal could still be playing that game today and not have scored or even looked likely to score.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 08:24 - Feb 27 with 4292 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I blame the managers.

Now that they constantly blame refs for their players losing games, they give their players ready made excuses.

Weak minds.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 08:28 - Feb 27 with 4290 viewsMattinLondon

So players back-in-the day didn’t blame referees? They certainly did 20-25 years ago and it’s only because of a much more intensive media presence in football which makes it feel like footballers are more moaney.
Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 08:31 - Feb 27 with 4283 viewsitfcjoe

"to blame the ref for losing the rumbelows cup final after being totally out played"

Hard to put into words my emotions about yesterday. City are a good team and deserved to win yesterday. Alot of people have had thier say on us and we have to accept cristism when we loose. That being said i can't accept some of the decisions that went against us yesterday. …

Sounds fair enough to me

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 10:00 - Feb 27 with 4180 viewsMattinLondon

Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 08:31 - Feb 27 by itfcjoe

"to blame the ref for losing the rumbelows cup final after being totally out played"

Hard to put into words my emotions about yesterday. City are a good team and deserved to win yesterday. Alot of people have had thier say on us and we have to accept cristism when we loose. That being said i can't accept some of the decisions that went against us yesterday. …

Sounds fair enough to me

Seems very balanced to me as well.
Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 10:14 - Feb 27 with 4153 viewsBrixtonBlue

Sounds fair enough to me

Glad you posted what he ACTUALLY said. Seems the OP is exaggerating somewhat.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 12:19 - Feb 27 with 4074 viewsTractorWood

Sounds fair enough to me

Like the decision to play a centre back who doesn't understand that he should be goal side at an opponents goal kick. That goal was embarrassing to witness.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 12:22 - Feb 27 with 4067 viewsKieran_Knows

Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 12:19 - Feb 27 by TractorWood

Like the decision to play a centre back who doesn't understand that he should be goal side at an opponents goal kick. That goal was embarrassing to witness.

I know it was Bravo in goal on Sunday, but considering Ederson has been doing it all season, you would have thought Arsenal would have already picked up on the fact that it's perfectly okay to do that from when they played City last (opposition scouting etc).
[Post edited 27 Feb 2018 12:23]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 12:32 - Feb 27 with 4032 viewsbenno1uk

Jack Wilshere is gash. I've said it before and been lambasted on here.

Roy Keane is a tw@t but he was right about Wilshere.
Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 12:54 - Feb 27 with 3979 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 07:57 - Feb 27 by GlasgowBlue

He’s right and he’s wrong.

He’s wrong because Arsenal were completely outclassed and City were deserved winners.

He’s right because a City only had three shots on target and two of those goals could have quite easily been disallowed for a foul and an offside.

He will be of the believe that Arsenal could have got back into it if those two goals hadn’t have stood. I am of the opinion that Arsenal could still be playing that game today and not have scored or even looked likely to score.

Yeah, I agree

I’m not sure the OP had much of a view on the comments themselves tbh - the reference to Wilshere’s injury history suggested it had more to do with the player in question than anything else

Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 12:54 - Feb 27 with 3983 viewsmonty_radio

I think most of us would have been thought reasonable to say what he did. He gave credit to City. He wasn't wrong about the foul, even though many have mentioned the ease with which Mustafi was moved, still, Aguero gained the advantage via a shove.

As to the disallowed goal, TV replays showed it onside. The delay in applying the technology across the board is just ridiculous - it will become nearer faultless via use, not by setting it aside.

Arsenal were very poor and deserved what they got, but most sportsmen, on the receiving end, would still point to being cheated at those two moments.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2018 13:25]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 12:58 - Feb 27 with 3957 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 12:32 - Feb 27 by benno1uk

Jack Wilshere is gash. I've said it before and been lambasted on here.

Roy Keane is a tw@t but he was right about Wilshere.

He’s clearly not, but ok

Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 12:59 - Feb 27 with 3961 viewsitfcjoe

Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 12:19 - Feb 27 by TractorWood

Just the reaction from the defender, that was worse than the positioning for me!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 13:21 - Feb 27 with 3916 viewsbenno1uk

Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 12:58 - Feb 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He’s clearly not, but ok

What's actually good about him? What does he do? I don't get the hype about him.
Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 13:46 - Feb 27 with 3844 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 13:21 - Feb 27 by benno1uk

What's actually good about him? What does he do? I don't get the hype about him.

When fit - dictates games, controls the tempo and basically has the ability to run the game from the centre of the park

Obviously the big part of that is the ‘When fit’ part - which has been very infrequently, and certainly means there’s merit in questioning whether he should be relied on

Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 13:49 - Feb 27 with 3832 viewsbenno1uk

Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 13:46 - Feb 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

When fit - dictates games, controls the tempo and basically has the ability to run the game from the centre of the park

Obviously the big part of that is the ‘When fit’ part - which has been very infrequently, and certainly means there’s merit in questioning whether he should be relied on

Fitness aside, I don't see that he has enough impact on games. He might be a neat passer, but there rearley seems to be any end product when compared to players in a similar role (Coutinho / Hazard / Eriksen / David Silva).

Average at best for me.
Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 14:19 - Feb 27 with 3791 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Modern day footballer bleating moment..... on 13:49 - Feb 27 by benno1uk

Fitness aside, I don't see that he has enough impact on games. He might be a neat passer, but there rearley seems to be any end product when compared to players in a similar role (Coutinho / Hazard / Eriksen / David Silva).

Average at best for me.

At least 3 of those don’t play a similar role though!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024