Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Energy drinks 17:58 - Feb 28 with 9292 viewsMattinLondon

Was in Sainsburys earlier and a school kid next to me in the self-service tills was refused a can of Red Bull because he couldn’t prove he was over 16.

I had no idea that there was an age limit of these drinks.
Energy drinks on 18:17 - Feb 28 with 6965 viewsbritbiker

Good on them.
I played 5 a side with a lad who worked at aldi. Before kickoff he started to drink four cans of their version of Redbull. He ran around like a turbo charged headless chicken for the first 15 mins but was burnt out thereafter. We stopped him playing coz his heart was racing and he wouldn't stop drinking the stuff.
Energy drinks on 18:31 - Feb 28 with 6900 viewsBasuco

Energy drinks on 18:17 - Feb 28 by britbiker

Good on them.
I played 5 a side with a lad who worked at aldi. Before kickoff he started to drink four cans of their version of Redbull. He ran around like a turbo charged headless chicken for the first 15 mins but was burnt out thereafter. We stopped him playing coz his heart was racing and he wouldn't stop drinking the stuff.

You get a sugar boost for 15 - 20 minutes followed immediately by a sugar crash, so you should only drink them 15 minutes before the end of any exercise, or they will have the opposite effect than what you want.
Energy drinks on 19:06 - Feb 28 with 6834 viewsTIB

Good to see it’s being reinforced. I’ll admit I have the occasional Redbull when I’m low on sleep but kids do not need energy drinks...cannot imagine a classroom of kids all off their faces on the sh*t

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Energy drinks on 19:23 - Feb 28 with 6795 viewschicoazul

You can always tell the blokes at work who get paid by the hour because of all the Red Bull they drink.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Energy drinks on 19:27 - Feb 28 with 6774 viewsJ2BLUE

Energy drinks on 18:31 - Feb 28 by Basuco

You get a sugar boost for 15 - 20 minutes followed immediately by a sugar crash, so you should only drink them 15 minutes before the end of any exercise, or they will have the opposite effect than what you want.

Well that's not really true or footballers wouldn't drink Lucozade sport during games. If you down one then I agree but if you sip on a sports drink while doing actual sport they don't do that.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Energy drinks on 19:48 - Feb 28 with 6701 viewsMattinLondon

Energy drinks on 18:17 - Feb 28 by britbiker

Good on them.

That sounds bad. Have to admit that I drink the odd one when my little toddler refuses to sleep. But school kids do not need them at all.
Energy drinks on 21:28 - Feb 28 with 6561 viewsBrixtonBlue

Energy drinks on 19:27 - Feb 28 by J2BLUE

Well that's not really true or footballers wouldn't drink Lucozade sport during games. If you down one then I agree but if you sip on a sports drink while doing actual sport they don't do that.

Lucozade Sport isn't remotely like Red Bull. For starters, Red Bull is very high in caffeine, while Lucozade Sport doesn't contain any.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Energy drinks on 21:55 - Feb 28 with 6477 viewsJ2BLUE

Energy drinks on 21:28 - Feb 28 by BrixtonBlue

Lucozade Sport isn't remotely like Red Bull. For starters, Red Bull is very high in caffeine, while Lucozade Sport doesn't contain any.

He was talking about a sugar crash. That isn't caused by caffeine so your point doesn't really stand up.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

on 21:58 - Feb 28 with 6467 views_

Energy drinks on 19:27 - Feb 28 by J2BLUE

Energy drinks on 22:03 - Feb 28 with 6456 viewsJ2BLUE

on 21:58 - Feb 28 by _

Looking at the ingredients I have to admit i'm wrong here. Thought it was pure glucose but the carbs aren't all sugar. Per 100ml: Carbohydrate 6.5g, Sugars 3.6g.

Truly impaired.

Energy drinks on 23:16 - Feb 28 with 6350 viewsBrixtonBlue

Energy drinks on 21:55 - Feb 28 by J2BLUE

He was talking about a sugar crash. That isn't caused by caffeine so your point doesn't really stand up.

I said "for starters". There are lots of reasons why Red Bull is nothing like Lucozade Sport.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Energy drinks on 23:19 - Feb 28 with 6348 viewsSpruceMoose

Energy drinks on 23:16 - Feb 28 by BrixtonBlue

I said "for starters". There are lots of reasons why Red Bull is nothing like Lucozade Sport.

They have a football team and a formula one team for starters.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

on 23:30 - Feb 28 with 6336 views_

Energy drinks on 23:16 - Feb 28 by BrixtonBlue

Energy drinks on 23:40 - Feb 28 with 6327 viewsSpruceMoose

on 23:30 - Feb 28 by _

J2 is a decent guy. Never to admit he's wrong, always happy to learn.

Just wish he could cook eggs.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Energy drinks on 08:09 - Mar 1 with 6167 viewsPendejo

Energy drinks on 19:23 - Feb 28 by chicoazul

You can always tell the blokes at work who get paid by the hour because of all the Red Bull they drink.

If you ever lurk around airports, take a look at the taxi, private hire / mini cab drivers many of whom are fuelled by a combination of energy drinks, pro plus, coffee, nicotine etc.

One of my salaried colleagues has a can of relentless for breakfast at work @ 06:00 each day. The odd energy drink fine, but as part of the daily diet...?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Energy drinks on 08:13 - Mar 1 with 6166 viewsReuser_is_God

I hate all these energy drinks. Just full of sh1t & people drink them for the wrong reasons.

I get angry when I see kids walking to school drinking a 35p can of Boost.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Energy drinks on 08:22 - Mar 1 with 6131 viewswkj

Energy drinks on 08:13 - Mar 1 by Reuser_is_God

I hate all these energy drinks. Just full of sh1t & people drink them for the wrong reasons.

I get angry when I see kids walking to school drinking a 35p can of Boost.

Me too, because Boost is only ever ok if it is the chocolate bar

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Energy drinks on 09:23 - Mar 1 with 6078 viewshampstead_blue

Energy drinks on 19:23 - Feb 28 by chicoazul

With the price of the stuff I'd say they are spending more than they earn!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Energy drinks on 09:50 - Mar 1 with 6032 viewsJ2BLUE

on 23:30 - Feb 28 by _

Nah it's fair enough. I just lumped all sugary energy drinks in together. I assumed they were all 100% sugar but it makes more sense for it to be a mix of carbs.

Truly impaired.

on 09:59 - Mar 1 with 6009 views_

Energy drinks on 09:50 - Mar 1 by J2BLUE

Nah it's fair enough. I just lumped all sugary energy drinks in together. I assumed they were all 100% sugar but it makes more sense for it to be a mix of carbs.

Energy drinks on 10:21 - Mar 1 with 5984 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 09:59 - Mar 1 by _

I've briefly taken you off ignore as this thread didn't make sense. I see you're still replying to me and even having a pop even though you know I've had you on ignore for several weeks. What is wrong with you?

I wasn't having a go at J2, I was simply explaining that there are lots of reasons why Red Bull is nothing like Lucozade Sport. I wasn't being aggressive or having a pop at all. And I didn't see he had admitted he was wrong when I posted.

Humility and self awareness? Seems like you need to calm down, stop making a thing out of nothing and take your own advice. Now kindly stop having a pop at me when I can't even see it (I presume there's been other times as you can't help yourself). I'm doing my best to leave you alone, I'd be grateful if you'd return the compliment.

Energy drinks on 10:24 - Mar 1 with 5957 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Energy drinks on 18:31 - Feb 28 by Basuco

Someone should tell Jamie Vardy

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

on 10:43 - Mar 1 with 5932 views_

Energy drinks on 10:21 - Mar 1 by BrixtonBlue

I've briefly taken you off ignore as this thread didn't make sense. I see you're still replying to me and even having a pop even though you know I've had you on ignore for several weeks. What is wrong with you?

I wasn't having a go at J2, I was simply explaining that there are lots of reasons why Red Bull is nothing like Lucozade Sport. I wasn't being aggressive or having a pop at all. And I didn't see he had admitted he was wrong when I posted.

Humility and self awareness? Seems like you need to calm down, stop making a thing out of nothing and take your own advice. Now kindly stop having a pop at me when I can't even see it (I presume there's been other times as you can't help yourself). I'm doing my best to leave you alone, I'd be grateful if you'd return the compliment.

Energy drinks on 10:49 - Mar 1 with 5908 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 10:43 - Mar 1 by _

I'm not playing the victim, you're calling J2 the victim when there was literally nothing antagonistic happening with anyone. That's the thing - there WAS no disagreement. You are trying to create trouble out of nothing.

on 10:50 - Mar 1 with 5903 views_

Energy drinks on 10:49 - Mar 1 by BrixtonBlue

I'm not playing the victim, you're calling J2 the victim when there was literally nothing antagonistic happening with anyone. That's the thing - there WAS no disagreement. You are trying to create trouble out of nothing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024