Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safety reasons 15:24 - Mar 2 with 5675 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Is there any other country in the world that handles a bit of weather as poorly as the UK?

How can 80,000 get to a match in -18 degrees and 12 inches of snow out here but our game is off tomorrow?
Safety reasons on 15:29 - Mar 2 with 4126 viewsNo9

It is a question of attitude
In the UK, if London is OK, everything is OK
Safety reasons on 15:30 - Mar 2 with 4127 viewsNewcyBlue

Surprising considering the where there’s a blame there’s a claim culture in the States there. Although I imagine being overweight means they get a decent grip when they walk.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Safety reasons on 15:31 - Mar 2 with 4109 viewsartsbossbeard

Is the answer gun control?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Safety reasons on 15:31 - Mar 2 with 4112 viewsSpruceMoose

You haven't seen the the news coverage when it snows an inch it Georgia, or some of those other southern states? Chaos.

Just not worth investing in infrastructure for such rare events.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Safety reasons on 15:32 - Mar 2 with 4087 viewsFinidiCentenary

You can't have it both ways.

Can you imagine the outrage if there was even less money for education, health and so on because we spent a fortune on infrastructure and equipment to deal with snow that might happen once every five years?

It's just not economical to do so. Better off that we have a few days every few years of chaos and disruption that suffering every day in many ways but having a shed load of snow ploughs sitting around in every county 'just in case'.

Other countries deal better because they have more adverse weather and therefore have better procedures in place, better equipment and have had more time to get things right.

[Post edited 2 Mar 2018 15:35]

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

Safety reasons on 15:34 - Mar 2 with 4081 viewsgiant_stow

There was an embedded tweet from someone here yesterday which explained it really well.

Short answer is that it doesn't snow much here so not worth spending a fortune preparing for it.

Glad to help.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Safety reasons on 15:36 - Mar 2 with 4052 viewsArcher4721

Are you in USA?

You've never mentioned that before have you?
Safety reasons on 15:39 - Mar 2 with 4034 viewsIllinoisblue

Safety reasons on 15:31 - Mar 2 by artsbossbeard

Gritting trucks armed with machine guns. It's the only way.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Safety reasons on 15:40 - Mar 2 with 4025 viewsartsbossbeard

Safety reasons on 15:39 - Mar 2 by Illinoisblue

I'm hoping Trump is a big Transformers fan.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Safety reasons on 15:41 - Mar 2 with 4023 viewsNo9

Safety reasons on 15:32 - Mar 2 by FinidiCentenary

You can't have it both ways.

Can you imagine the outrage if there was even less money for education, health and so on because we spent a fortune on infrastructure and equipment to deal with snow that might happen once every five years?

It's just not economical to do so. Better off that we have a few days every few years of chaos and disruption that suffering every day in many ways but having a shed load of snow ploughs sitting around in every county 'just in case'.

Other countries deal better because they have more adverse weather and therefore have better procedures in place, better equipment and have had more time to get things right.

[Post edited 2 Mar 2018 15:35]

Snow is just one prt of the problem, rural areas have all sorts of problems that just don't happen in the Westminster village
Safety reasons on 15:41 - Mar 2 with 4024 viewsNewcyBlue

Teachers getting guns... librarians getting silencers...

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Safety reasons on 15:41 - Mar 2 with 4019 viewsSpruceMoose

Wait, the trucks have guns which fire ACTUAL machine guns?! That's some next level Americaning.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Safety reasons on 15:41 - Mar 2 with 4016 viewsFinidiCentenary

It genuinely wouldn't surprise me to learn American's deal with snow by just shooting rounds at it until it's all gone.

After all, you wake up one morning to find it on your property without invitation. Bound to be within your rights.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

Safety reasons on 15:43 - Mar 2 with 3989 viewsIllinoisblue

Safety reasons on 15:41 - Mar 2 by FinidiCentenary

It genuinely wouldn't surprise me to learn American's deal with snow by just shooting rounds at it until it's all gone.

After all, you wake up one morning to find it on your property without invitation. Bound to be within your rights.

it genuinely wouldn't surprise me either! I often have to look twice at news reports to see if they're real or from The Onion. The line has blurred beyond all recognition.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Safety reasons on 15:45 - Mar 2 with 3972 viewsLord_Lucan

I agree with you.

It's pathetic.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Safety reasons on 15:54 - Mar 2 with 3950 viewsJ2BLUE

Yea shocking that a country which doesn't get a massive amount of snow, especially this bad, isn't great at dealing with it.

Still, you got to remind us you live in America and take a shot at the UK so that's two boxes ticked.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Safety reasons on 15:56 - Mar 2 with 3932 viewsFinidiCentenary

Safety reasons on 15:54 - Mar 2 by J2BLUE

Yea shocking that a country which doesn't get a massive amount of snow, especially this bad, isn't great at dealing with it.

Still, you got to remind us you live in America and take a shot at the UK so that's two boxes ticked.

I wonder how many snow related deaths there would have been by the end of the year. I'm guessing a tad lower than the gun deaths there.

We could help them with guns, they could help us with snow, but I fear if they haven't listened for the last 22 years ...........

Safety reasons on 16:03 - Mar 2 with 3907 viewsSpruceMoose

He missed the third box though, that he's fabulously rich.

Safety reasons on 16:05 - Mar 2 with 3898 viewsJ2BLUE

Safety reasons on 16:03 - Mar 2 by SpruceMoose

And the fourth - how much has been drinking and plans to drink later.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Safety reasons (n/t) on 17:59 - Mar 2 with 3808 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Safety reasons on 15:34 - Mar 2 by giant_stow

There was an embedded tweet from someone here yesterday which explained it really well.

Short answer is that it doesn't snow much here so not worth spending a fortune preparing for it.

Glad to help.

That's very valid really. I remember as a kid it snowed a lot more though but not really worth it.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2018 18:00]
Safety reasons on 18:00 - Mar 2 with 3799 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Safety reasons on 15:31 - Mar 2 by artsbossbeard

hopefully
Safety reasons on 18:02 - Mar 2 with 3794 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Safety reasons on 15:30 - Mar 2 by NewcyBlue

Surprising considering the where there’s a blame there’s a claim culture in the States there. Although I imagine being overweight means they get a decent grip when they walk.

I notice that everyone is in much better shape here at least than when I go back home outside of city The amount of overweight chavs outside of London seemed horrendous.

Not so much in the south US though....
Safety reasons on 18:03 - Mar 2 with 3788 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Still depressed I see?
Safety reasons on 18:04 - Mar 2 with 3784 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Safety reasons on 16:03 - Mar 2 by SpruceMoose

Safety reasons on 18:07 - Mar 2 with 3776 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Safety reasons on 15:45 - Mar 2 by Lord_Lucan

I agree with you.

It's pathetic.

Yes it should not be as bad as it is. Although I am glad by fan club got their knickers in a twist about gun control and my wealth because they thought I was having a pop rather than making an observation. I love J2 though, I hope he gets a new job soon
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024