Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great article about Jacques Kallis and South Africa cricket 09:37 - Mar 3 with 2239 viewsgordon

http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/1136423/where-would-south-africa-be-if-ka

Getting tanked by the Aussies though
Great article about Jacques Kallis and South Africa cricket on 10:26 - Mar 3 with 2210 viewsconnorscontract

A very good article.

In my heart I want the answer to the question "Who is Test cricket's greatest all-rounder?" to be Ian Botham, but in my head I know that it is Jacques Kallis.

Botham, Flintoff and Stokes (amd Warne for that matter) all had/have personality issues which led to off-field indiscretions AND fitness issues or injuries which caused them to miss games and which consequently weakened the team. Kallis didn't.
Great article about Jacques Kallis and South Africa cricket on 10:56 - Mar 3 with 2189 viewsjimsymBLUE

Great article about Jacques Kallis and South Africa cricket on 10:26 - Mar 3 by connorscontract

A very good article.

In my heart I want the answer to the question "Who is Test cricket's greatest all-rounder?" to be Ian Botham, but in my head I know that it is Jacques Kallis.

Botham, Flintoff and Stokes (amd Warne for that matter) all had/have personality issues which led to off-field indiscretions AND fitness issues or injuries which caused them to miss games and which consequently weakened the team. Kallis didn't.

Think this fellow might disagree....

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Great article about Jacques Kallis and South Africa cricket on 11:33 - Mar 3 with 2172 viewssolemio

Great article about Jacques Kallis and South Africa cricket on 10:56 - Mar 3 by jimsymBLUE

The greatest all-rounder and the second greatest cricketer of all time. I would have Kallis (not Callis) on a very short list for 3rd.
Great article about Jacques Kallis and South Africa cricket on 11:46 - Mar 3 with 2163 viewsjimsymBLUE

Great article about Jacques Kallis and South Africa cricket on 11:33 - Mar 3 by solemio

The greatest all-rounder and the second greatest cricketer of all time. I would have Kallis (not Callis) on a very short list for 3rd.

Was lucky enough to meet the great man about 5 years ago when he was on tour visiting clubs in Essex, he stayed all day, watched our game and gave a few of our younger lads a few pointers after the game. Absolute gentleman who must of put away half a bottle of Mount Gay rum throughout the afternoon. They say you should never meet your heroes...not on this occasion!

Great article about Jacques Kallis and South Africa cricket on 12:02 - Mar 3 with 2154 viewssolemio

Great article about Jacques Kallis and South Africa cricket on 11:46 - Mar 3 by jimsymBLUE

Was lucky enough to meet the great man about 5 years ago when he was on tour visiting clubs in Essex, he stayed all day, watched our game and gave a few of our younger lads a few pointers after the game. Absolute gentleman who must of put away half a bottle of Mount Gay rum throughout the afternoon. They say you should never meet your heroes...not on this occasion!

I was talking to an artist in Walberswick last summer and he was telling of a business trip he made to Barbados.

He was in a rather posh hotel there and really wasn't receiving very good service. The manager asked why he was there. He said he was meeting a potential client. When the manager found out that he was genuinely waiting to see Sir Garfield Sobers, all of a sudden the artist was treated like royalty. Free drinks, free nibbles etc. In Barbados, Garry is royalty - rather like Viv in Antigua.
Great article about Jacques Kallis and South Africa cricket on 12:23 - Mar 3 with 2141 viewsconnorscontract

Great article about Jacques Kallis and South Africa cricket on 10:56 - Mar 3 by jimsymBLUE

Maybe. Perhaps should have said in my living memory.

I have only seen archive clips of Sobers, so never saw him build an innings against the equivalents of Murali or Warne as I have Kallis.
Great article about Jacques Kallis and South Africa cricket on 12:39 - Mar 3 with 2131 viewsjimsymBLUE

Great article about Jacques Kallis and South Africa cricket on 12:23 - Mar 3 by connorscontract

Maybe. Perhaps should have said in my living memory.

I have only seen archive clips of Sobers, so never saw him build an innings against the equivalents of Murali or Warne as I have Kallis.

In fairness i was probably being a touch flippant. I'm far too young to have seen GS as well but everything read, seen and heard put him another level. The best batsman, seam bowler, spinner and fielder in his side at the same time and with flair and humility to go with it.
Kallis figures undoubtedly make him the best allrounder of his generation, but much like the article hints at he never really really had the same pull over me as some of the other modern greats. Each to their own I suppose.

Great article about Jacques Kallis and South Africa cricket on 14:05 - Mar 4 with 2041 viewsgordon

Getting interesting in Durban, if De Kock and Markram are still there at the close could be 130 odd needed on the final day. Probably just jinxed them though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024