Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring 10:19 - Mar 4 with 4607 viewsgerard1947

Rooks carrying twigs, soon be hearing the frogs, Spring in the UK my favourite time.
Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 10:25 - Mar 4 with 4587 viewsmanchego

A lot of twig work going on around here. Amazing when +2 C feels warm.
Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 10:32 - Mar 4 with 4578 viewsNo9

Do pigeons ever stop bonking?
Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 10:36 - Mar 4 with 4568 viewsstantheman

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 10:32 - Mar 4 by No9

Nope.
Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 10:39 - Mar 4 with 4569 viewsMullet

That, and Derby are imploding of course.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 10:44 - Mar 4 with 4561 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The extra daylight is pretty good for us humans too, in terms of our spirits ! As much as the cold snap has been fun am now looking forward to the arrival of warmth and Spring migrants! May check the swift boxes haven't been squatted later today.

Edit.....sorry can't resist it......leave the pigeons alone!
[Post edited 4 Mar 2018 10:45]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 10:49 - Mar 4 with 4552 viewswkj

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 10:39 - Mar 4 by Mullet

Careful now, at least they're trying

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 10:54 - Mar 4 with 4548 viewsgerard1947

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 10:32 - Mar 4 by No9

Not really, the are round the year bonkers, they'll be squabs in a nest somewhere. I know they're pests, never the less vey interesting birds. They produce "pigeon milk" to feed their young. It actually is regurgitated food, but is just like milk. They are as tough as old boots. I hit one once at speed in my car, feathers everywhere, I didn't stop. When I got to my destination I looked for damage. I'd hit the poor bird tail on. It had broken my grill, it was held fast and still alive. I managed to gently pull in out. To my amazement it flew away. Itcan't have survived, maybe it did.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2018 11:04]
Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 10:56 - Mar 4 with 4538 viewsBenters2

Just saw a few Long Tailed Tits munching on my nuts in the garden.

Be glad to get back at work tomoz as long as this snow has shifted.
Login to get fewer ads

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 11:02 - Mar 4 with 4525 viewsgerard1947

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 10:44 - Mar 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

The extra daylight is pretty good for us humans too, in terms of our spirits ! As much as the cold snap has been fun am now looking forward to the arrival of warmth and Spring migrants! May check the swift boxes haven't been squatted later today.

Edit.....sorry can't resist it......leave the pigeons alone!
[Post edited 4 Mar 2018 10:45]

Cuckoos be here next month, usually hear my first mid April. I've been promised a morning with Prof Nick Davies this Spring at Wicken, as you know he does all his research there.
Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 11:10 - Mar 4 with 4505 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 10:56 - Mar 4 by Benters2

Been in the wood with hound this morning, gone from a carpet of white to a carpet of green Bluebell foliage overnight, birds chattering away, peaceful, bloomin lovely.
Back to work tomorrow, can,t wait. Spring will be here before we know it.
You want to take care of your nuts though ba.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 11:56 - Mar 4 with 4466 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 11:02 - Mar 4 by gerard1947

Cuckoos be here next month, usually hear my first mid April. I've been promised a morning with Prof Nick Davies this Spring at Wicken, as you know he does all his research there.

Fantastic......lucky you.

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 11:59 - Mar 4 with 4462 viewsfactual_blue

Well, if that's want you want to do, then who are we to stop you? Personally I think that's a disgusting way to behave, and that you probably need psychiatric help.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 12:16 - Mar 4 with 4437 viewsgerard1947

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 11:56 - Mar 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Fantastic......lucky you.

i chat with him when I see him, he's told me to give him a ring early April to arrange. Wicken Fen has a planned Cuckoo Week with talks and tours. It's one of the only places I know where you can be certain to hear the Cuckoo when you go. The numbers are getting less though, last year 6 males and 5 females were recorded. I can't remember how many young birds fledged. Although the females lay in up to 20 nests (that's the most ever recorded) lots are rejected by the hosts. A reason given for the decline is global warming, the hosts are returning earlier and earlier whereas the cuckoos aren't. It's critical the Cuckoo identifies the host's nest early in the laying cycle.

I don't know where you live but Wicken is worth a visit Spring time, not just for the cuckoos.
Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 12:38 - Mar 4 with 4414 viewsBenters2

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 11:10 - Mar 4 by StochesStotasBlewe

Been in the wood with hound this morning, gone from a carpet of white to a carpet of green Bluebell foliage overnight, birds chattering away, peaceful, bloomin lovely.
Back to work tomorrow, can,t wait. Spring will be here before we know it.
You want to take care of your nuts though ba.

Indeed.

One old girl does my nut in she will say where were you last week (i will say everything was caked in snow) I will turn up tomoz and she will say it is too wet! ( I always put her bin bags out for her and post her letters so to speak)

The other month she was throwing crab apples at me!
Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 12:44 - Mar 4 with 4402 viewssolemio

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 12:38 - Mar 4 by Benters2

Indeed.

One old girl does my nut in she will say where were you last week (i will say everything was caked in snow) I will turn up tomoz and she will say it is too wet! ( I always put her bin bags out for her and post her letters so to speak)

The other month she was throwing crab apples at me!

Is she accurate with her throwing? If she's as good as Max Waller I may recommend her to Somerset CCC.
Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 12:57 - Mar 4 with 4393 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 10:56 - Mar 4 by Benters2

Did you manage to get your tropical plants wrapped up warm enough, or is it too soon to tell?

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 15:46 - Mar 4 with 4331 viewsGeoffSentence

Dirty little pigeons are at it all year round.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 15:50 - Mar 4 with 4324 viewsGeoffSentence

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 11:02 - Mar 4 by gerard1947

May I express I little bit of envy for your proposed morning with Professor Nick Davies and the cuckoos. You, sir, are a lucky man.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 16:35 - Mar 4 with 4299 viewsBlueBadger

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 10:39 - Mar 4 by Mullet

Don't be stupid, they won the division last week.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 17:32 - Mar 4 with 4270 viewsBenters2

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 12:44 - Mar 4 by solemio

Is she accurate with her throwing? If she's as good as Max Waller I may recommend her to Somerset CCC.

Out of three she got me twice.

That was holding on to a walking stick as well.
Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 17:38 - Mar 4 with 4264 viewsBenters2

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 12:57 - Mar 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Did you manage to get your tropical plants wrapped up warm enough, or is it too soon to tell?

Indeed.

Those in big old pots i tied the leaves together to make a middle stem,i then covered and tied compost bags over the top,and covered the lot with a tarp.

Those planted in my garden were a little harder but i did my best.

Time will tell i guess,i know one thing my butts were frozen solid!
Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 21:30 - Mar 4 with 4216 viewssolemio

Bonking pigeons in the willow tree must be Spring on 17:32 - Mar 4 by Benters2

Out of three she got me twice.

That was holding on to a walking stick as well.

I guess Somerset may have to stick with Waller as their best fielder, as he would always get 3 out of 3. Mind you to be fair he doesn't use a walking stick so credit to your lady.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024