Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Trevor Baylis 18:03 - Mar 5 with 1336 viewsGuthrum

Inventor of the wind-up radio, a major contributor to the spreading of information in areas of the world with no relible electricity supply.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

RIP Trevor Baylis on 18:32 - Mar 5 with 1290 viewsBluish

I remember him appearing on the Big Breakfast back in the day, discussing various inventions and gadgets. RIP
RIP Trevor Baylis on 18:54 - Mar 5 with 1264 viewsSwansea_Blue

RIP. Thanks to him, millions of people in developing countries have had the benefit of having the Go Compare advert as an earworm for the last 10 years.

In all seriousness it was a great invention. I remember some publicity about another wind up thing he invented, but can’t for the life of me remember what it was.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

RIP Trevor Baylis on 19:48 - Mar 5 with 1188 viewsBluish

RIP Trevor Baylis on 18:54 - Mar 5 by Swansea_Blue

RIP. Thanks to him, millions of people in developing countries have had the benefit of having the Go Compare advert as an earworm for the last 10 years.

In all seriousness it was a great invention. I remember some publicity about another wind up thing he invented, but can’t for the life of me remember what it was.

I think it was the Wind-up Merchant. There’s a few on here in fact.
RIP Trevor Baylis on 19:56 - Mar 5 with 1183 viewsRyorry

RIP Trevor Baylis on 18:54 - Mar 5 by Swansea_Blue

Torch, I think. Very useful in remote North Yorks old houses where the leccy supply used to be pretty fallible!

R.I.P. Trevor Baylis, wonderful man & great inventor. The simplest concepts are often the best!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

RIP Trevor Baylis on 19:58 - Mar 5 with 1176 viewsSwansea_Blue

RIP Trevor Baylis on 19:56 - Mar 5 by Ryorry

Torch, I think. Very useful in remote North Yorks old houses where the leccy supply used to be pretty fallible!

R.I.P. Trevor Baylis, wonderful man & great inventor. The simplest concepts are often the best!

That’s it! TWTD to the rescue again.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

RIP Trevor Baylis on 20:04 - Mar 5 with 1173 viewsRyorry

RIP Trevor Baylis on 19:58 - Mar 5 by Swansea_Blue

That’s it! TWTD to the rescue again.

The best thing about the torch one was that there was one model where you could hold it in your hand and keep it permanently powered by just keeping on squeezing the trigger against the top handle. Perfect!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024