Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super Mick chants tonight? 08:01 - Mar 6 with 5671 viewsBluefish

Do you think we can get them going?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Super Mick chants tonight? on 08:03 - Mar 6 with 5387 viewsBlueBadger

They've been gone 6 months, at least...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Super Mick chants tonight? on 08:06 - Mar 6 with 5372 viewsBluefish

Super Mick chants tonight? on 08:03 - Mar 6 by BlueBadger

They've been gone 6 months, at least...

They went last season and that was understandable. No reason for them not to be brought back now.

Super Mick chants tonight? on 08:08 - Mar 6 with 5362 viewsMattinLondon

Super Mick chants tonight? on 08:06 - Mar 6 by Bluefish

They went last season and that was understandable. No reason for them not to be brought back now.

Every time the ball goes aimlessly in the air you should start those chants going - may well
last 90 minutes.
Super Mick chants tonight? on 08:10 - Mar 6 with 5355 viewsBluefish

Super Mick chants tonight? on 08:08 - Mar 6 by MattinLondon

Every time the ball goes aimlessly in the air you should start those chants going - may well
last 90 minutes.

Last season maybe but we predominantly don't play long ball football this season

Super Mick chants tonight? on 08:52 - Mar 6 with 5322 viewswkj

I hope not, if for the simple fact that'd give him ammunition to poke at fans in his presser

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Super Mick chants tonight? on 09:13 - Mar 6 with 5293 viewsCurrie10

If you're going tonight, be the chant starter.
Super Mick chants tonight? on 09:25 - Mar 6 with 5289 viewsBobbychase

It was the first thing I heard sung at Preston, for everyone saying they haven't heard them for months.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Super Mick chants tonight? on 09:34 - Mar 6 with 5264 viewsgmanrom

Super Mick chants tonight? on 08:10 - Mar 6 by Bluefish

Last season maybe but we predominantly don't play long ball football this season

I really must get me some of these spectacles that you watch the games through Truce, I really do admire your positivity, but please do come down from them clouds at some point.

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Login to get fewer ads

Super Mick chants tonight? on 09:48 - Mar 6 with 5229 viewsBluefish

Super Mick chants tonight? on 09:34 - Mar 6 by gmanrom

I really must get me some of these spectacles that you watch the games through Truce, I really do admire your positivity, but please do come down from them clouds at some point.

It is called being a football fan. You know when every club sings that they are the finest football team the world has ever seen? It isn't real, they are doing it through support and loyalty and hope. Football supporters given their heart, time and money to teams a lot worse than ours and they love it, it is what being a football fan is about.

For some reason out club has created something new, we like to find the best way to put the club down or who can claim to be the most disappointed or disapproving. We demand success before we can commit support. It came in with the part time fans of watching football on tv but has somehow spread to our club and bitten hard. This is not football, football supporters are judged by 400 miles round trips in the rain to get beat 3-0 but still be there the following week claiming they are going to get it right soon.

Football is loyalty and football is support.

Super Mick chants tonight? on 09:53 - Mar 6 with 5220 viewsHarryWright

Super Mick chants tonight? on 08:10 - Mar 6 by Bluefish

Ayy? which Ipswich have you been watching this season...
Super Mick chants tonight? on 09:57 - Mar 6 with 5208 viewsartsbossbeard

Super Mick chants tonight? on 09:53 - Mar 6 by HarryWright

Ayy? which Ipswich have you been watching this season...

We do play long ball football at times.

There's a tactic that sees Webster pick up the ball on the left side of the back three and hit a long diagonal where Town look to double up on the oppo right back/RWB. Worked well against Norwich.

We have toned down on the aimless hoofball this season, most certainly. Although, I have no issue in using such a tactic when under pressure and defending a lead.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Super Mick chants tonight? on 10:00 - Mar 6 with 5200 viewsBluefish

Super Mick chants tonight? on 09:57 - Mar 6 by artsbossbeard

There's a tactic that sees Webster pick up the ball on the left side of the back three and hit a long diagonal where Town look to double up on the oppo right back/RWB. Worked well against Norwich.

We have toned down on the aimless hoofball this season, most certainly. Although, I have no issue in using such a tactic when under pressure and defending a lead.

The same diagonal long pass to the right that we used under Lyall and Burley while be labelled a passing team.

We have mixed our playful this season and seen plenty of endeavour to try and pass the ball all over the park. I would definitely not describe us as long ball. For those that want the tag to stick it obviously will.

Super Mick chants tonight? on 10:08 - Mar 6 with 5178 viewsCoco

Super Mick chants tonight? on 09:48 - Mar 6 by Bluefish

It is called being a football fan. You know when every club sings that they are the finest football team the world has ever seen? It isn't real, they are doing it through support and loyalty and hope. Football supporters given their heart, time and money to teams a lot worse than ours and they love it, it is what being a football fan is about.

For some reason out club has created something new, we like to find the best way to put the club down or who can claim to be the most disappointed or disapproving. We demand success before we can commit support. It came in with the part time fans of watching football on tv but has somehow spread to our club and bitten hard. This is not football, football supporters are judged by 400 miles round trips in the rain to get beat 3-0 but still be there the following week claiming they are going to get it right soon.

Lol

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Super Mick chants tonight? on 10:09 - Mar 6 with 5176 viewsCoco

Super Mick chants tonight? on 10:00 - Mar 6 by Bluefish

The same diagonal long pass to the right that we used under Lyall and Burley while be labelled a passing team.

We have mixed our playful this season and seen plenty of endeavour to try and pass the ball all over the park. I would definitely not describe us as long ball. For those that want the tag to stick it obviously will.

Lolz

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Super Mick chants tonight? on 10:43 - Mar 6 with 5112 viewsbluehook

Mrs McCarthy is back.
Super Mick chants tonight? on 10:47 - Mar 6 with 5093 viewsbluehook

If you’re going tonight, by all means sing that “we’re the finest team the world has ever seen”.
Just lay off your original post’s suggestion of ‘Super Mick’ chants.
Super Mick chants tonight? on 10:51 - Mar 6 with 5087 viewsFreddies_Ears

Agree 100pct.

On a train to London, then oop to Sheffield. Looking forward to a few prematch beers, then a game against a team who seem to be in meltdown (so, we'll probably lose!!!), then a couple of post-match beers before the trip back south tomorrow. And by then, whatever the result, i'll be looking forward to Saturday.
Super Mick chants tonight? on 11:04 - Mar 6 with 5026 viewsHarryWright

Super Mick chants tonight? on 09:57 - Mar 6 by artsbossbeard

Our whole game is centred around playing it long to Garner, I thought that was quite clear.
Super Mick chants tonight? on 11:24 - Mar 6 with 4994 viewsartsbossbeard

Super Mick chants tonight? on 11:04 - Mar 6 by HarryWright

Our whole game is centred around playing it long to Garner, I thought that was quite clear.

I don't know about centred around but if we take the Norwich game as a good example, Garner will look to overload their left back in conjunction with our right hand side midfielder (Ioarfa on the day).

We probably used this tactic 3 maybe 4 times in the game, so "centred around" would seem quite a reach.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Super Mick chants tonight? on 11:47 - Mar 6 with 4957 viewsBenters2

Wait,wait i know this one ... 'more fun if you all join in'
Super Mick chants tonight? on 12:33 - Mar 6 with 4903 viewsmarcus1642

#SUPERFAN
[Post edited 6 Mar 2018 12:35]
Super Mick chants tonight? on 12:45 - Mar 6 with 4882 viewsmarcus1642

Your football is sh*t your football is shhh***t oh Mick McCarthy your football is sh*t.

I support Ipswich Town F.C. blue blood runs through my veins crack me in half and you'll find Ipswich Town F.C. written there like a piece of Brighton rock.

I cannot and will not support Mick McCarthy.
Super Mick chants tonight? on 13:34 - Mar 6 with 4806 viewsHarryWright

Super Mick chants tonight? on 11:24 - Mar 6 by artsbossbeard

I don't know about centred around but if we take the Norwich game as a good example, Garner will look to overload their left back in conjunction with our right hand side midfielder (Ioarfa on the day).

We probably used this tactic 3 maybe 4 times in the game, so "centred around" would seem quite a reach.

I do get what you're saying, I'd be interested to see the possession stats of our games because I've had the opinion long ball is the reason we give the ball up so much but I don't have the stats to back that up.
Super Mick chants tonight? on 13:39 - Mar 6 with 4797 viewsartsbossbeard

Super Mick chants tonight? on 12:45 - Mar 6 by marcus1642

Your football is sh*t your football is shhh***t oh Mick McCarthy your football is sh*t.

I support Ipswich Town F.C. blue blood runs through my veins crack me in half and you'll find Ipswich Town F.C. written there like a piece of Brighton rock.

"I support Ipswich Town F.C. blue blood runs through my veins crack me in half and you'll find Ipswich Town F.C. written there like a piece of Brighton rock."

You spelt fairweather wrong.

Super Mick chants tonight? on 13:44 - Mar 6 with 4784 viewsBenters2

Super Mick chants tonight? on 12:45 - Mar 6 by marcus1642

That cant be true.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024